PDA

View Full Version : Tasty's Seedsman White Widow Grow/Smoke Report

tastyweat
27-01-11, 01:34 PM
Tasty's Seedsman White Widow Smoke/Grow Report

Link to grow diary: https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?31495-First-grow-white-widow-600w-hps-budda-tent-coco&p=1068634024#post1068634024

Strain and seedbank: White Widow from Seedsman - indica/sativa hybrid, mostly sativa - bought from THCTalk shop for my first grow - https://www.thctalk.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_36_43&products_id=190

Numbers of grows or years growing: First grow

Grow Equipment, Location & Style: -Canna Coco Pro + with Canna Coco A+B nutes ... 8" exhaust, 600W HPS... nothing done to them, just grown and flowered naturally with a lot of mistakes along the way

Weeks of veg: 40 days veg... or 5 weeks and 5 days

4 plants grown, 2 harvested a bit early for a more heady high and two harvested a little late...

Weeks of flower: 2 had 68 days of 12/12... or 9 weeks and 5 days
the other two had 53 days of 12/12... or 7 weeks and 4 days

Colour of thrichs at time of harvest: Early harvest... about 70% cloudy, 10% clear and 20% amber
Late harvest... about 45% cloudy, 10% clear and 45% amber

Drying time: how long did you dry the bud before curing? 8 days

Dry Yield: Roughly 115g from the first two plants, about 20g from the runt and about 70g from the other one.

Curing time: 2-4 weeks+

Bud Density 6/10: It's not a fluffy sativa bud, nor is it a dense indica nug... somewhere on the denser side of the middle.

Bud Appearance Comments: Looks pretty decent, there's a bit more green than usual... ie the brown pistils don't drown out the colour of the bud too much...

Grindability 6/10: Again... somewhere in the middle... does fluff up a bit, but nothing major

Smell in veg 2/10: quite mild

Smell in flower 8/10: awesome aroma of pineapple in late flower... but not overwhelming... definitely needs a CF

Smell after curing 1/10: HATE the smell while it's in the jar... rancid! Once out of the jar though and slightly broken that pineapply smell pops back nicely & once ground it is good... but not the best smell I've come accross. In fact, out of all the strains I'm growing at the minute... this is one of my least favourite smells... not that it's bad, just i've come accross a lot better :)

Smell of smoke 7/10: pleasant... tried in a pure joint, couldn't taste anything thanks to crappy rizlas... nice through a bong and awesome in a vape... the taste is rather nice :D

Taste 9/10: Very nice... hard to describe... the sweetness with a hint of pineapple comes through in the taste.

The High 7/10: Early harvest is quite heady and a good active smoke... you could smoke it all day and still get things done. Later harvest is a good mix of both... gets you nice and creative, but makes you lazy and gives me munchies... don't get anything done after a toke of the later harvest!

Length of buzz 6/10: Not the worst, but far from the best... buzz lasts roughly 30 mins or so from vape/bong

Good comments: Great strain to learn with, made a huge number of mistakes and the plants took it in their stride to provide some really decent smoke.

Bad Comments: None really... it's a good weed that'll muck you up when you want it to and allow you to work when you choose... it's just not my favourite :S

General Comments: Won't be growing this strain again... but only because I've come accross other strains I like even more. Funnily still better than most of the stuff I got from the dam and all but one of the street-bought weed i've had. Looks like I'm turning in to a weed-snob haha!

DangerDragon
17-02-11, 12:42 PM
nice report m8
i done the same seeds from the same seed bank & it was my 1st grow,
i am happy with how it went but would like to try some thing else on my next grow!

Goodbuddy
18-02-11, 02:54 AM
Thanks Tasty and well done on the grow

I've got about 6 weeks left for 1 ickle lady of the same seed-bank/strain, can't wait.:)

Denzil
01-03-11, 01:29 AM
I've only just come across this report. Excellent work mate. I'm 4 days in to 12/12 with my seedsman white widow, so this was very usefull for me. Can't wait til I chop her.

Thanks.

dank
16-12-12, 10:51 AM
Glad i found this, got one in dwc 12/12 from seed (link in my sig) reading this i felt kinda disappointed now lol oh well we'll wait and see what she brings me

Denzil
16-12-12, 10:10 PM
The smoke from my widow was great. The buds were really dense, with a lemony smell.

Pulled just over 8oz off mine in an oxypot. Think she had a 5 week veg as well.

I'm tempted to grow he again, or might try another breeder version of white widow or even black widow.

sativiate
30-12-13, 01:08 AM
I got a few freebie seedsman ww fems .. been wonering if I should give one a bash.. looks promising..