PDA

View Full Version : Growing your own tobacco?

budgie
01-02-11, 01:32 PM
Has anyone done this? any tips etc?

I know you can't get busted for growing it & you would get a pure product which is why I don't smoke ordinary tobacco - too many additives and chemicals used in making it.

But homegrown organic tobacco could be another thing altogether.

Hooter
01-02-11, 08:31 PM
i got a load of baccy seeds a couple weeks ago.

done fuck all with them so far but will plant them soonish so they can be a decent size before putting them out.

all i have read so far makes it seem really easy to grow but the drying and curing need a bit more attention to detail

alwaystoned_1
01-02-11, 08:35 PM
if you grow them you have to pay tax lol so you could actually get busted for them hahaha

Hooter
01-02-11, 08:45 PM
i read somewhere that you only become liable for tax if you sell it

could be bullshit though so best wait for more informed answer

budgie
01-02-11, 11:18 PM
There seem to be a few types of baccy plants? some grown for flowers and others for smoking??

snooplotty
02-02-11, 12:01 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22848-Tobacco-Plants.

Would be nice but takes 1-2 years to cure the leaves

Hillbilly
17-03-11, 08:35 PM
I got some tobacco seeds from the local college last year. not a good strain to smoke.. but it gets sticky when it gets older and if spider mites get on it they stick and die or if they try to eat it they die, so I'v been told.. and I thought I could make a tea out of there leafs and spray it on my plants to kill mites too?.. Going to be trying it out this year. In USA as far as I know we can grow it but can't sale any for smoke. I know if I smoked tobacco I would rather grow it then, have to smoke all the chemicals they add to it but they add then to keep you smoking it and home grown wont have the same taste or be as smooth, so I have heard.

weegeetoker91
26-03-11, 05:24 AM
sound like a gud plan m8 but a just ues the dryed weed leafs in stead its so much more simpel

Ganesha
26-03-11, 11:56 AM
We discussed this a while ago. In fact this is actually a link that refers to an even earlier thread:
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22848-Tobacco-Plants.

Result: tobacco is nice to grow ornamentally but too much of a pain in the arse to grow for smoking. Far too much work involved for inevitably crap results.

Stick to weed, much easier.