PDA

View Full Version : cuttings from seeds

wesley1234
05-02-11, 02:32 PM
how long after a seed pops out the soil could i take a few cuttings off im growing under a 125w cfl ive got 400 and 600 w hid lights aswell when there strong enough

Goodbuddy
05-02-11, 02:34 PM
You don't take cuts from seedlings. You need to wait a couple of weeks till they have grown up a bit, have several nodes of growth and have branching sites that you can cut from. :)

seanMcPot
05-02-11, 03:03 PM
i'd say wait about 3-4 weeks (minimum)

PG
05-02-11, 05:43 PM
If you're growing from seed, you're best off knowing what sex the plants are before taking cuts.

Goodbuddy
05-02-11, 05:54 PM
If you're growing from seed, you're best off knowing what sex the plants are before taking cuts.

Or, as I do take the two or more cuts from each plant in veg, by the time the plants are flowering the cuts will be rooted and into vegging. The males : chuck em. The rest are females that you can select the primo parent line for your mothers giving a couple of weeks head start on later cuts.

It is also possible to flower the cuts earlier than the parents to determine sex so you don't waste time/energy flowering larger plants that turn out male :)

It all depends on your intentions, vegging/propogation space, frequency of turnover............

Peace :)

PG
05-02-11, 06:13 PM
Or, as I do take the two or more cuts from each plant in veg, by the time the plants are flowering the cuts will be rooted and into vegging. The males : chuck em. The rest are females that you can select the primo parent line for your mothers giving a couple of weeks head start on later cuts.

It is also possible to flower the cuts earlier than the parents to determine sex so you don't waste time/energy flowering larger plants that turn out male :)

It all depends on your intentions, vegging/propogation space, frequency of turnover............

Peace :)

Another option is to take cuts off all the plants, then stick the cuts in the fridge until you find out which doner plants are female and also the best yeilding, etc. When you know which ones are the best pheno, take those cuts out of the fridge and root them.

wesley1234
05-02-11, 08:45 PM
i bought feminized seeds so they should all be females i hope big buddah chiesel

lambert29
05-02-11, 09:05 PM
Or regenerate the best plant. Get it back into veg mode and use it as a mother or just take cuttings. I remember when a friend got one monster plant out of several average plants but didn't take a clone. But all was not lost ; )