PDA

View Full Version : my clones need your help!

pierre
02-07-08, 02:49 PM
yoyo

i took some cuttings from a purple power about 1 week 2 days ago (except the one in its own pot, that was maybe 4/5 days ago) and they never looked great but i thought they might pull through; now they look to b getting worse...the tips of the leaves r going brown and they r very droopy, here have a look:

iv never cloned before and have no propagator so its homemade with cling film lol and i only used natural honey as rooting hormone

any help much appreciated, even if u just tell me to stop wasting my time lol
bovvered2dabovvered its not a main project as their mother survived unexpectedly

xxxhazexxx
02-07-08, 03:37 PM
hello m8

you need a rooting hormone powder or gel and you should root them in pre soaked rookwool blocks 1" mist clones morning and night ,if you have no probagation get a heat mat clones like the base warmer than the tops cut back some of the big shade leaves back so the clones consentrate on the root deveolpement,and make sure you have atleast 2 sets of nodes under soil line and you should'nt take clones from a plant less than 2 months old.

hope this has helped.

pierre
02-07-08, 03:53 PM
hello m8

you need a rooting hormone powder or gel and you should root them in pre soaked rookwool blocks 1" mist clones morning and night ,if you have no probagation get a heat mat clones like the base warmer than the tops cut back some of the big shade leaves back so the clones consentrate on the root deveolpement,and make sure you have atleast 2 sets of nodes under soil line and you should'nt take clones from a plant less than 2 months old.

hope this has helped.

alrite mate

iv already done it the way i have lol
i have no rooting hormone, no rockwool cubes and no propagation equipment and no monies so i cant get any either

the mother was 2 months old easy. not sure i put 2 nodes down into soil but i put as much stem as possible. i have been misting once in morning once in evening.

maybe the clones r sacrificing some leaves cos i left too many on so it can concentrate on roots???

actually im lying iv probably misted them more than twice a day, do they look too wet?

baza
02-07-08, 05:11 PM
the soil looks way too wet to me. you should only be misting the cuts not watering the soil. the clingfilm prop will keep the moisture in the soil.
If your soil is saturated the cuttings wont be able to take oxeygen in at root level (if they get that far) and will die. let the soil dry out a bit so its just damp.

pierre
02-07-08, 05:42 PM
the soil looks way too wet to me. you should only be misting the cuts not watering the soil. the clingfilm prop will keep the moisture in the soil.
If your soil is saturated the cuttings wont be able to take oxeygen in at root level (if they get that far) and will die. let the soil dry out a bit so its just damp.

AHHHHH! nice one, cheers ;)