PDA

View Full Version : Underskirt - How Much To Remove?

BigJimmy
17-02-11, 11:07 AM
Good morning boys and girls :D

I'm just after a tiny bit of info this morning, preferably from those who have completed a scrog or two. I have now flipped to 12/12, and I was simply wanting to know how much you guys remove from the underskirt, actually below the screen?

Is all growth under the screen stripped? Do I leave a bit? If so, how much?

Any advice would be much appreciated, and pics would be genuinely priceless.

Jimmy

CockRoach
17-02-11, 11:14 AM
i take it all off.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1777/medium/wk6under1.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/62102/title/berry-harvest/cat/1777

Up_in_smoke
17-02-11, 11:58 AM
Strip that shit man. Done a few now, the bottom stuff NEVER mounts to anything worthwhile so just lop it all off underneath upto where the buds start properly and let those auxins do their magic on the proper buds

BigJimmy
17-02-11, 12:11 PM
Thanks chaps. I was kinda thinking along the same lines, but I don't like doing anything drastic with a little reassurance. I only had time to do one branch (stupid 12/12 cycle - never enough time), but I'll get back at it tonight. Probably after another 1-2 hour training session. Sigh

Jimmy

Up_in_smoke
17-02-11, 12:13 PM
Thanks chaps. I was kinda thinking along the same lines, but I don't like doing anything drastic with a little reassurance. I only had time to do one branch (stupid 12/12 cycle - never enough time), but I'll get back at it tonight. Probably after another 1-2 hour training session. Sigh

Jimmy

Don't worry mate, ya soon get used to the training. Sessions last me no more than 20 mins now. And I find it helps to keep on top of it daily if you can, that way you haven't got a full canopy of shoots that need moving every few days, just a few a day.
And even when you get used to it all, you still shit yourself stripping stuff off in case you get a weak plant that ends up hermieing at the slightest bit of stress. Thankfully haven't had that yet touch wood :D

Goodbuddy
17-02-11, 12:14 PM
Well......

if it's one of these I like to fully remove ->
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39150

Whereas I find it easier just to hoik it up if it's one of these ->
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=39149

peace:p

BigJimmy
17-02-11, 12:18 PM
Don't worry mate, ya soon get used to the training. Sessions last me no more than 20 mins now. And I find it helps to keep on top of it daily if you can, that way you haven't got a full canopy of shoots that need moving every few days, just a few a day.
And even when you get used to it all, you still shit yourself stripping stuff off in case you get a weak plant that ends up hermieing at the slightest bit of stress. Thankfully haven't had that yet touch wood :D

I wish I only had a few a day to move. Has taken me roughly an hour a day for leaf removal/training for the last week now.

Up_in_smoke
17-02-11, 05:42 PM
I wish I only had a few a day to move. Has taken me roughly an hour a day for leaf removal/training for the last week now.

LOL, how bigs this grow? hehe
An hour a day, feck that.

BigJimmy
18-02-11, 11:31 AM
So I'm now fully decided on removing everything below the screen. Is it safe for me to continue removing leaves/shoots as I was in veg? Only I hear folk say that the first 2 weeks of flower is a bad time to stress them.

Any thoughts?

Jimmy

wert
18-02-11, 11:35 AM
idealy any major trimming should be done before the flip to 12/12.

BigJimmy
18-02-11, 12:14 PM
idealy any major trimming should be done before the flip to 12/12.

It has been. The vast majority of is was gone a couple of weeks ago, and I've been gradually removing more on a daily basis. I think I shall wait until at least the 1st week of the stretching period is over, and the branches and shoots are all in their final resting places, so I can see exactly what's what and get them stripped bare.

I can't realistically see how it can be done with any degree of accuracy, in a scrog grow at least, before the strech period is at least partially complete. Yu'd simply have no way of knowing where to stop removing.

Jimmy

Adambomb
19-02-11, 02:46 AM
me,i pick off all lowest growth before the screens even in,then i let the rest have it's chance to shoot for it's place in the team for a couple of weeks,by then you'll have more that you know defo won't make the screen ,and some that are 50/50,flip to 12/12 and get anything that's wanky looking or has no place to go within 7 days ,after that it's a piece of piss with just the odd rogue leaf to pick of or move to one side .beware of the reputation of your strain,if it's known to burst into flower real quick ,adjust the plan if you have to,and like wise if you take on a long flowerer that might start slow and stretch for 3 weeks before budding ,adjust accordingly .
by the time you have teensy pre flowers buds forming there should be minimal to zero stress imparted on your lasses or your inreasing the odds of turnay hermay chamon .

BigJimmy
19-02-11, 02:52 AM
They're really pretty bare down there already, just lots of scrappy little pointless bits to remove, usually in awkward bloody places

Stealthgrower
19-02-11, 09:48 PM
SHIT! After reading this I realise I have fucked up. I have not done any mojor removing of branches below the screen yet and I have tiny pistle's starting to appear. Been 12/12 for 2 week's and still looks like a bit of a bush. I was planning on removing the branches that are not in the screen once budds appear.
What do you guy's think I should do now?

Up_in_smoke
20-02-11, 07:21 AM
SHIT! After reading this I realise I have fucked up. I have not done any mojor removing of branches below the screen yet and I have tiny pistle's starting to appear. Been 12/12 for 2 week's and still looks like a bit of a bush. I was planning on removing the branches that are not in the screen once budds appear.
What do you guy's think I should do now?

Its not a big deal realy mate, just means you'll get less out of it than you may have.

However, 2 weeks and barely any pistils and no buds. You sure your timer aint fucked up? Though saying that my Vanilla Kushes took a whil to start flowering.

Although on the other hand, I flipped 2 bubblelicious on Friday, by Saturday they were covered in Pistils (none on Friday) and even saw 1 or 2 very small buds forming. Quickest flowering strain I've had :D

Stealthgrower
20-02-11, 08:31 PM
Its not a big deal realy mate, just means you'll get less out of it than you may have.

However, 2 weeks and barely any pistils and no buds. You sure your timer aint fucked up? Though saying that my Vanilla Kushes took a whil to start flowering.

Although on the other hand, I flipped 2 bubblelicious on Friday, by Saturday they were covered in Pistils (none on Friday) and even saw 1 or 2 very small buds forming. Quickest flowering strain I've had :D

yeah they are slow basterd's and no the timers are fine. got 2 shitty sativas in the scrog, barneys pineapple chunk and seedman WW. both tak. next time I am going for a all indica halfpipe.