PDA

View Full Version : does it matter what colour cfl is used on an auto grow?

taylor
26-02-11, 07:30 PM
Hi, just a quick one really, what colour cfl bulb is best for auto grows? thanks

Bobby Digital
26-02-11, 07:32 PM
think its the red one m8 as they flower from the off basically so yeah red one...

up2nogood
26-02-11, 07:36 PM
yes red as they get in flower nearly straight away as bobby said but its no real bad thing if you do use the blue one..much better though if you use the red one..

taylor
26-02-11, 07:41 PM
thats handy then we can buy a 250w red for the dwarfs and use it straight after to put the main grow into flower.

EasyRyding
26-02-11, 11:54 PM
Red is the generally accepted one to go for but if you look at THIS (https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?29419-Easy-Ryder-LST-Experiment) thread, it was grown with a blue throughout.
In my experience, blue light tends to keep the plants short (especially at the start), while red tends to make the plants stretch a bit more.

taylor
27-02-11, 04:46 PM
cheers for the link easyryding its good to see what i should be aiming at. i think we will get a 250w red on this one.we're just about to put some purple haze and a few other hopefully nice seedlings into the tent with a blue cfl to start vegging so if we get on it sharpish the autos we're planning on will finish by the time the tent needs the red light for flowering, happy days!

THC Shark
27-02-11, 05:18 PM
sounds good bud, good luck with it :)

EasyRyding
27-02-11, 06:22 PM
cheers for the link easyryding its good to see what i should be aiming at. i think we will get a 250w red on this one.we're just about to put some purple haze and a few other hopefully nice seedlings into the tent with a blue cfl to start vegging so if we get on it sharpish the autos we're planning on will finish by the time the tent needs the red light for flowering, happy days!

I forgot to say...I didn't keep the blue in there by choice.
The only red CFL I had was 125W so I stuck with the 300W blue. As you can see though, It did grow fine.
I've upgraded to 250W MH and HPS now and there is a obvious difference between HID and CFL's.

Good luck mate and I hope you do a diary and keep us updated.

Anabolic
21-03-11, 11:24 AM
As said, go for red right the way through with autos inless cost aint a problem

You will only have the blue in there for a few weeks anyway

Im just waiting on a red CFL then i can get my autos started :barmy: