PDA

View Full Version : With which seeds does one scrog with?

frost313
02-03-11, 11:48 PM
Iv been reading a few scrog diarys round here, which are very useful.
To be honest it br4d's diary that did it for me.

So im going to attempt another scrog, but i aint got that much time seen as im moving at the end of June.

So im thinking of getting some Super Critical seeds from Greenhouse,
say they arrive in a weeks time (9th Mar)
get the seeds cracked and into pots and veg for 4 weeks (6th April)
Flip the switch hopefullt the net with be 50% and wait 8 weeks from first hair appears (8th June)
Harvest

Does this sound like it could be done?
Should i get some auto flower in stead?
Or is it one of those things that shouldnt be rushed?

Appriciate the help guys

WastedYouth
03-03-11, 12:05 AM
Its cutting it fine mate, but if you have a trouble free grow i dont see why cant pull off something half decent in 14 weeks. im attempting the same before my holiday in same week of june. my seeds are just surfacing today. get em under the biggest light you can after the first week and cross your fingers.

alternatively get some autos and give them them the longest flowering possible for that knockout quality smoke. If yield is a worry then maybe fem non autos with couple weeks veg would yield more. its a hard one to call.

frost313
03-03-11, 12:08 AM
Its cutting it fine mate, but if you have a trouble free grow i dont see why cant pull off something half decent in 14 weeks. im attempting the same before my holiday in same week of june. my seeds are just surfacing today. get em under the biggest light you can after the first week and cross your fingers.

cheers dude, i might aswel give it a shot.

Up_in_smoke
03-03-11, 12:25 AM
Scrogs shouldn't be rushed mate. The veg can take quite a long time to do properly. I've been known to veg for 9 weeks before and then flower for 9 too.
Also depends what you do it under, mine are vegged under 250cfl, but if I went MH, it would reduce the time.

Stealthgrower
03-03-11, 12:35 AM
Just get some auto's mate. You dont wanna end up having to cut down your plant's that you have spent wekk's looking after too early.
Get some nice auto's, then when you move house try the scrog. That's just my opinion.

frost313
03-03-11, 01:18 AM
Scrogs shouldn't be rushed mate. The veg can take quite a long time to do properly. I've been known to veg for 9 weeks before and then flower for 9 too.
Also depends what you do it under, mine are vegged under 250cfl, but if I went MH, it would reduce the time.

Good advice, i would probably mess it up if i had to rush it,
proper noob but what does MH mean?

frost313
03-03-11, 01:20 AM
Just get some auto's mate. You dont wanna end up having to cut down your plant's that you have spent wekk's looking after too early.
Get some nice auto's, then when you move house try the scrog. That's just my opinion.

Yer i think i will get some autos, just 12/12 all the way.
Think ill get some Big Bang autos for 15 euro from Greenhouse
Should do the job ok
When they say 55 days from start to finish, do they include veg time n all?

Thanks for the advice

Stealthgrower
03-03-11, 01:21 AM
metal halide, I think that is how it's spelt. It is the blue spectrum bulb for vegging that you attact to your HID (high intencity discharge) ballast, then you switch to hps (high pressure sodium). or do what I do and hps all the way lol.

frost313
03-03-11, 01:26 AM
metal halide, I think that is how it's spelt. It is the blue spectrum bulb for vegging that you attact to your HID (high intencity discarge) ballast, then you switch to hps (high pressure sodium). or do what I do and hps all the way lol.

Iv only got CFL, but i have enough of them. Blue and Red. 3 x 250w and 3 x 65w

U reckon it could be done i 55 days from start to finish, or do they not incluse veg time in that?

Tay
03-03-11, 01:55 AM
autos don't need 12/12 to flower (that's what autoflower means) ...regardless of what it says on the packet, they will take a bit longer. especially when using cfls. there's no real 'veg' stage with autos, they just start flowering as soon as they are mature enough (usually around the 3 week mark) then on average you've got another 8 weeks after that. thats 77 days (ish)

frost313
03-03-11, 02:03 AM
autos don't need 12/12 to flower (that's what autoflower means) ...regardless of what it says on the packet, they will take a bit longer. especially when using cfls. there's no real 'veg' stage with autos, they just start flowering as soon as they are mature enough (usually around the 3 week mark) then on average you've got another 8 weeks after that. thats 77 days (ish)

Thanks mate for the advice, so if i started in a week i should be done for the beginning of June, thats adding a few weeks n all.
I get it now with the autos, so just to be clear, does that mean you can have the lights either 18/6 or 24 hr?

Tay
03-03-11, 02:08 AM
yeah, i think the most common is 20/4. through the years i've had them on 24/0 and 12/12 as well (24/0 while cloning & 12/12 while flowering other plants) they're pretty versatile. go for a trusted auto seedbank though, i had a sagarmatha double diesel ryder that didn't auto flower at all and i eventually had to throw it out cause i couldn't switch to 12/12 at the time :( if something like that happened to you with your time constraints, it'd be a nightmare.

frost313
03-03-11, 02:28 AM
yeah, i think the most common is 20/4. through the years i've had them on 24/0 and 12/12 as well (24/0 while cloning & 12/12 while flowering other plants) they're pretty versatile. go for a trusted auto seedbank though, i had a sagarmatha double diesel ryder that didn't auto flower at all and i eventually had to throw it out cause i couldn't switch to 12/12 at the time :( if something like that happened to you with your time constraints, it'd be a nightmare.

Yer thats true it would be a waste of time.
Do you not think Greenhouse is a trusted seekbank?
Iv had some good results from them before

Tay
03-03-11, 02:50 AM
well, their seeds are usually good as far as i can tell. i've just never heard of them doing autos before. i've had good results with lowlife and joint doctor autos in the past so i can vouch for them. if you can find a completed diary on the GHS ones then they're fair game :)

Up_in_smoke
03-03-11, 10:07 AM
Nirvana had some dodgy autos a while back, maybe still now, I'm not sure. But I had 1 of those beans, was a bubblelicious and it never autoflowered, in fact I cloned it and am still doing the strain now so I was happy for that. But you wouldn't be, lol

The Lost Soul
03-03-11, 12:47 PM
Can you get cuttings from anyone man?
Personally I'd go 12/12 from seed and do a wee sog.
Less chance of shit goin wrong and ghseeds are notorious for telling porkies about flowering times and if you get sat Dom then yer fooled.
Cheers

frost313
03-03-11, 02:29 PM
Just had a look on joint doctor and they have Easy Ryder feminised autoflowering. Has anyone heard of these, today will be the day i get them, unless soemone can convince me that i shouldnt.
thanks u guys for the heads up on GH porkies and Nirvana.

J420
07-03-11, 10:05 PM
One I think would be a great scrog is Nirvana - Papaya, one topping and all branches grows tall and even, all the lowest branches grow quick so it just takes a few days before every top is leveled.

Br4d
07-03-11, 11:04 PM
Iv been reading a few scrog diarys round here, which are very useful.
To be honest it br4d's diary that did it for me.

So im going to attempt another scrog, but i aint got that much time seen as im moving at the end of June.

So im thinking of getting some Super Critical seeds from Greenhouse,
say they arrive in a weeks time (9th Mar)
get the seeds cracked and into pots and veg for 4 weeks (6th April)
Flip the switch hopefullt the net with be 50% and wait 8 weeks from first hair appears (8th June)
Harvest

Does this sound like it could be done?
Should i get some auto flower in stead?
Or is it one of those things that shouldnt be rushed?

Appriciate the help guys

awwww iam all emotional now :)

Br4d
07-03-11, 11:09 PM
hi mate what ever strain you choose , dont rush the grow , its hard to plan in advance harvest times when u scrog because u can only guess on when the screen will be filled enough to flip to 12/12 , just take each week of veg through the screen until you have 70 -80 % of the area filled then flip the times to 12/12 , good things come to those who wait ,
All the best what ever you decide to do