PDA

View Full Version : Cupboard Cultivation

tokers_united
18-07-08, 02:23 AM
Right. I'm close to buying a grow tent, the only thing is I want to grow in a cupboard in a halls of residence room come september.

The only thing I'm worried about is the smell really. I can conceal a small grow tent in the cupboard that is provided, and no one will know that I am growing because I don't mouth off. The only thing I'm really worried about is the ventilation and the presence of smell once the budding begins as we would have at least one room inspection.

Any advice? Is the smell really that bad for an indoor grow when its just say 2 plants in a small grow tent.

~ tokers

tokers_united
18-07-08, 02:28 AM
p.s. when my friend did it he didn't use any special equipment, just watered a tiny plant that looked like shit, plus because he was depressive, he was allowed to smoke cigarettes in his room so the smell was always of smoke. My room won't have any smoke smell in it though.

Bitterfly
18-07-08, 02:31 AM
i depends on the strain, something like white widow you would definitely want to avoid.

but all plants are going to hum especially after 4 weeks into flower.

however, if you know when the inspection is and they dont check your wardrobes, you could seal the tent temporarily and get an oust plug in, they work quite well at destroying odour.

but your gonna need some balls mate!

uktoker
18-07-08, 02:08 PM
Yea mate are you sure you want to do this? You're out if you get caught.

tokers_united
19-07-08, 11:32 PM
Oh i got the balls alright, all im looking for is for someone to tell me that preparation is good enough. I.e. I WILL know when the inspection is, they send us a letter, and I am thinking turn the fans off and totally seal everything up, plus put some serious air freshner on the go.

Put it this way, I smoked weed IN my room all year in the first year, the smoke alarms were shit they didn't even go off even when the room had 3 or 4 lit cigarettes/spliffs in it, so im not exactly too worried, its just if the smell is a certain kind of smell.

basically, they know that people smoke in their room sand turn a blind eye to it, the trick is are they going to smell plant life and think "hang on a minute, that's not ure average run of the mill smell" LOL. Im gonna do it anyway, if something goes wrong i'll just post it here so you can all have a good laugh at my expense ;) love you all

~ tokers

Bitterfly
19-07-08, 11:44 PM
Oh i got the balls alright, all im looking for is for someone to tell me that preparation is good enough. I.e. I WILL know when the inspection is, they send us a letter, and I am thinking turn the fans off and totally seal everything up, plus put some serious air freshner on the go.

Put it this way, I smoked weed IN my room all year in the first year, the smoke alarms were shit they didn't even go off even when the room had 3 or 4 lit cigarettes/spliffs in it, so im not exactly too worried, its just if the smell is a certain kind of smell.

basically, they know that people smoke in their room sand turn a blind eye to it, the trick is are they going to smell plant life and think "hang on a minute, that's not ure average run of the mill smell" LOL. Im gonna do it anyway, if something goes wrong i'll just post it here so you can all have a good laugh at my expense ;) love you all

~ tokers

well you might just get away with it in that instance mate, and especially if your room's gonna hum of tobacco, that should shroud the hum of a couple of small plants, providing they are a lower odour strain

tokers_united
23-07-08, 09:27 PM
ive looked into getting something called ONA block, which is a puck that eats odours on contact. its put inside the growing area (i think) does anyone know anything about this? whether its worth buyin or not?

~ tokers

PTB
24-07-08, 10:40 AM
I don't know about anybody else's if they've grew the stain but all my Malonica plants barely smell at all. Either way student halls always stink of weed anyway. The inspections are basically just people popping their heads into the room not going through your stuff. I know I regret not growing whilst I was there.

My mate had a pet rat and he managed to hide that all the way through uni and the cage for it was massive! I know that I could of certainly hid my current grow at uni if I was back there now.

Grim
24-07-08, 11:46 AM
won't anyone notice something up due to the increased use of electricity?

PTB
24-07-08, 11:50 AM
no way. . lets say you have 6 rooms, each student has a computer which is usally left on 24/7 because its downloading constantly from bit tirrent, this is using up ALOT more electric than one light.

Another light is just another computer. Plus students don't generally care whether anything is left on because they aren't paying for the electric.

electric increase unnoticed

Grim
24-07-08, 01:08 PM
good to know

marijuanamat
28-07-08, 09:51 AM
Yer most com's use about 300w-400w anyway so they won't notice a thing with eleccy.
To mask the smell just get a few oust plug-in's to use all the time and a can of oust spray to use if you have an inspection or someone else around.Works well for me even without carbon filters.

tomas
30-07-08, 01:50 AM
I also live in a halls of residence [college over here] in Australia, and i grew a small plant on my windowsill in plain sight. The strain did not smell at all, and i got a bit of bud out of it. I am now growing a larger plant on my windowsill, once again disguised by other foliage. There is no smell at all, and it is looking quite healthy.

tokers_united
01-08-08, 01:05 AM
Yeah I don't think the electricity thing is going to be a problem, for the simple reason that an environ light which is like 200W say for a small budbox isn't enough to be suspect.

I tell you what, i'm deffs gonna do it, and i'll make my first grow diary from it so the "uni halls" grow can be enjoyed by everyone. Any ideas for strains? I'm considering doing the medium budbox tent which is about 2m tall? I think? and basically converting the provided cupboard almost entirely for the grow.

I don't have much clothes anyway, or possessions apart from my laptop so the room shouldn't be too cluttered. I'm thinking draw up a budget, spend a max of 200 quid, what would you guys buy with that money to set up a tent grow?

~ tokers

diceman23
06-08-08, 04:44 PM
Ok i thought i would add to this thread instead of starting a new one!

I am planning to grow in a small space of say 4 feet tall x 2 feet wide and 2 feet deep.

I will only be growing two female Autoflowering plants and im soo confused on the required ventillation is growing in a wardrobe or cuboard.

I was planning on just one or two simple clip on fans circulating air in the small space however i hear so much talk of extractor fans etc and i have no idea what they are all about..Could someone give me a run down of these and are they totally neccessary for a smallish grow like this?

I just want to know what i will require for a small space like this..Thank you for taking the time to read

bergkamp
06-08-08, 06:49 PM
if you are only planning on using a enviro or similar cfl you can get away with just leaving the door open but anything more powerful and you will definately need extraction.
dont limit yourself to autoflowering plants if you grow 12/12 from seed you get a much wider choice of strains , the seeds might be cheaper and your plants will still only end up about 2 foot at harvest
there are quite a few diaries on here now that are using this method of growing have a look at them and see what you think.

heres a link to my diaries.
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=1378

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=3908

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2254

diceman23
07-08-08, 01:19 AM
I hope to be using a 250w MH and then HPS for flowering.

Im not too sure about extraction..isnt a few oscilating fans enough?

Thanks for the links! will check them out

marijuanamat
07-08-08, 03:58 PM
Diceman just get a 250w HPS control gear/ballast and a 250w ceramic metal halide which from what i'm reading/hearing about them there the dogs bollock's,and you can veg and flower with them with really good results.Do a google to find out more,you'll be suprised.
i'm waiting for a 600w version to be released un europe/uk so i can give it a go see if there as good as there cracked upto be,which i'm sure they are.

diceman23
15-08-08, 07:39 PM
Thank you MM!