PDA

View Full Version : Lollitopping

Uzergu1de
17-03-11, 03:00 PM
Hi, quick question... I plan to lollytop my plants... 1 of my plants is alot taller and leggier, it's like double the size... I'm going to flip them to 12/12 today and was going o trim the bottom third of my plants.. Will I be ok taking the top of of the larger 1? I understand your normally supposed to to it around a week before flip will it be detrimental???... Thanks... UZER!

franky118
17-03-11, 06:54 PM
you can do it upto 2 weeks into flower but you should do some befor flip aswell i would just take little bits off each day until its 2 weeks in and you should be fine

Uzergu1de
18-03-11, 03:11 AM
Take little bits from the top lol?

J420
18-03-11, 03:17 AM
Use the search for - topping - or check the sticky in the grow section and you will find everything about it including graphic pictures.

E: btw is Lollitopping a word you have made up your self? I have never seen it being used on any grow forum or books before.

Denzil
18-03-11, 04:28 AM
Use the search for - topping - or check the sticky in the grow section and you will find everything about it including graphic pictures.

E: btw is Lollitopping a word you have made up your self? I have never seen it being used on any grow forum or books before.

It's actually quite common term J. It's where you remove roughly the lower 1/3 of the plant to give it a sort of lollipop structure. Help focus on the upper growth. Some even just remove all side branches so they are main colas. I'm pretty sure you probably know this already, just the name might be newish to you. This is probably really effective in a SOG.

To the OP. I don't know about topping your plant now if you are vegging soon cos it is ideal to let the split colas grow some more before veg but I think people still do it in their last week of veg. Consider tying down the plant so it is level with your others if that one is considerably taller than the others.

J420
18-03-11, 12:30 PM
It's actually quite common term J. It's where you remove roughly the lower 1/3 of the plant to give it a sort of lollipop structure. Help focus on the upper growth. Some even just remove all side branches so they are main colas. I'm pretty sure you probably know this already, just the name might be newish to you. This is probably really effective in a SOG.

To the OP. I don't know about topping your plant now if you are vegging soon cos it is ideal to let the split colas grow some more before veg but I think people still do it in their last week of veg. Consider tying down the plant so it is level with your others if that one is considerably taller than the others.

Ok yeah now I get it but that wording I have never seen being used and I only watch UK forums, some Canadian/american too though.

Uzergu1de
18-03-11, 05:46 PM

I know what topping is

Bubbla
19-03-11, 07:16 PM
I know what topping is

Yeah, It's when someone does themselves in :laugh:

GrassHopper
19-03-11, 08:09 PM

Yeah those pictures are really graphic, close ups of the mutilated plants and everything lol :D

taskmaster
20-03-11, 02:22 PM
no point growing popcorn. better to save all energy for propa buds i think