PDA

View Full Version : will they see me?

new2it
19-03-11, 01:10 AM
/I have 3 600w lamps in a tent soon to be 4. My extractor takes the air through the ceiling via ducting up to the apex of the loft,where it is attached to an air vent.Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

roareruk
19-03-11, 01:28 AM
if your reffering to thermal imaging ..... deffo going to see the heat of 2400w of lights coming through a vent in the roof .... newer houses tend not to have gas fires in if its older and has a chimney they would see it and think chimney there heat source there ... strange if you have a chimney stack in your loft knock a brick out and vent into the chimney best way to disguise your heat signal ... that said 4 600 watt lights ..... you do realise theres a 10 plant limit on this site :) percy growers only ;)

strewth
19-03-11, 01:34 AM
You could use a 1 x 600 and be pretty safe but 3 or 4 your asking for trouble without any insulation, don't know why you would need that many lights for a percy grow to be fair mate

two-minds
19-03-11, 09:29 AM
why would you want 3/4 600w lamps for growing some percy smoke, i can get enough smoke to keep me going for ages off a 250w hps

blowpipe
19-03-11, 10:16 AM
Compared to the other houses chimney/vent yours will look much hotter and will arouse suspicion,if they`re looking.Also the more lights the higher the fire risk.That`s about as much help you`ll get here as we only grow small personal gardens and commercial growers are generally frowned upon.

Monkey
19-03-11, 12:33 PM
that seems alot of light for so fw plants, but i would say the vent is not the part that they will see on the thermal cam..... IT WILL BE THE ENTIRE ROOM!!!

These cams are not cheap but if you can lay your hands on one (you can hire them as i have in the past but these will a much lower spec than the pork choppers use) take a look! or if you fancy a rough idea buy a laser infra red thermometer they cost from about £20 but these re pretty shit too so spend some cash! just to see how sore thumbish this set up could be!

heat was a huge hassle as back in the day, i ended up making my own aircon unit....easier than you would think lol!

up2nogood
19-03-11, 01:02 PM
will they see me?? yessssssss

new2it
24-05-11, 01:02 PM
well they didnt...........

Master Poet
24-05-11, 01:05 PM
well they didnt...........

Not this time maybe, but I wouldnt push it.

Up_in_smoke
24-05-11, 01:24 PM
Its not the smartest way to do things by a long way.
Vent back down into the house, not out the frickin thing.

And insulate that loft. If its insulated, they can't see the lights, and if your ducting goes back into the house, there is no hot spot for stuff extracting, doing it your way your chimney/vent is gonna be brightly lit all the time (or at least lights on time) and compared with all your neighbours in the height of summer, even now really, its gonna look like you've got a massive fire burning all the time.

And as for well they didn't because you posted the question a couple of months ago, don't get cocky dude, thats usually the start of a lot of peoples demise. Keep stealthy, keep smart and keep out of prison! Just because you haven't been caught in 2 months could just mean the popo haven't had a proper gander at your gaff yet, they still may do at some point so don't make it easier for em.

Oliver Twist
24-05-11, 05:04 PM
/I have 3 600w lamps in a tent soon to be 4. My extractor takes the air through the ceiling via ducting up to the apex of the loft,where it is attached to an air vent.Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

If they suspect from the heat signature that ur growing all they need to do is contact ur energy supplier. 2400w of HPS light is going to show up as being excessive. Just saying.

uk_munk
26-05-11, 10:56 PM
I used 2 600hps in a walk in cupboard with no insolation and vented the hot air straight into the loft and never had any problems and i live in an area where the police chopper is above daily..maybe it was luck or maybe they jus didnt care but can tell ya 2 600hps plus fans costs a bomb on the electric each wk..use 1 600hps and do 3 plants your still get a big yield off that to keep you going

Munk..

:)