PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire's Shortbread

GrassHopper
20-03-11, 12:02 PM
This is a really easy recipe and the results are totally delicious. If you like caramel and chocolate, you will love these. Totally scrummy!

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/1280/Millionnaire_Shortbread.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/69387/title/millionnaire-shortbread/cat/1280)

Ingredients:

30g Castor Sugar
140g Plain Flour
225g CannaButter
115g Soft Brown Sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
397g tin of Condensed Milk
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence

Method:

1. The Biscuit Base.
Preheat oven to 180C/350F/ Gas 4. Lightly grease and base line a shallow cake tin/swiss roll tin. Add the castor sugar to the flour and rub in half the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Knead slightly then press the mixture into the tin. Bake for 25 mins. Let it cool in the tin.

2. The Caramel
Put the remaining butter, brown sugar, syrup and condensed milk in a heavy based pan over a gentle heat and stir until dissolved. Bring to boil and then simmer for 7 minutes, stirring slowly continuously to prevent it from burning and sticking to the pan. Add the vanilla essence, remove from the heat and beat it hard with a wooden spoon until cool and shiny. Pour over shortbread base and leave to cool.

3. The Chocolate Topping
Melt the chocolate and spread over the top and leave to set.

Cut into squares and serve.

Enjoy!

Denzil
20-03-11, 12:20 PM
Very nice. I'll have a go at these when my Harvest is over, they look real tasty.

strewth
20-03-11, 12:26 PM
They are my fav when i got the munchies

GrassHopper
20-03-11, 12:29 PM
They're very sweet though, I couldn't manage two, really heavy. I must smoke too much weed too, gave some to a few friends and everyone was KO'd after an hour, I just got a warm buzz. lol.

Denzil
20-03-11, 05:35 PM
Thanks for that, was wondering what kind of stone it gave.

J420
20-03-11, 05:56 PM
NICE!!!

Gonna have to try this : )

THC Shark
20-03-11, 10:57 PM
wow lol :weed: that looks awesome and I love Millionaire Shortbread anyway hehe.
:Nice: post

donnachris
21-03-11, 01:56 AM
i'm from the US can you put the measurements in terms i can use becuz mg & ml, I'm relly not going to be able to use those and dont know how to convert them over. please can someone do that.

Up_in_smoke
21-03-11, 11:52 AM
i'm from the US can you put the measurements in terms i can use becuz mg & ml, I'm relly not going to be able to use those and dont know how to convert them over. please can someone do that.

Don't be so bloody lazy, just type it in to google. Damn, some people want everything doing for them!

And how in the bloody hell do you measure in just mg and ml. There are 1000mg in a gram so you'd be measuring out 30000mg of sugar, lol, how ridiculous.
And how in the feck are you gonna calculate ml based on weight, LMFAO. Americans!

As for the original post. Top post, love a bit of millionaires shortbread and gonna be making some cannabutter soon. Thanks mate

TIKTOK
20-04-11, 01:33 PM
Thanks Grasshopper, I'm going away for a few days and looking for a nice recepie.......cant wait to try theses

cannamancan
20-04-11, 01:47 PM
I'm to much of a fanny to try this lol I've tried a joints worth of decent resin before in some olive oil warmed up and then mixed into a yoghurt and that absolutely got me paranoid as fuck lol I'll stick to my vapes for now .

GrassHopper
23-04-11, 02:06 PM
Discovered a major flaw with this recipe. Won't most of the THC be destroyed in the butter that goes in the caramel as its it boiled at a very high temp? I'm about to make some more but this time I'm only gonna put cannabutter in the base, I'll use normal butter for the caramel.

donnachris
05-05-11, 08:29 AM
damn up, you didnt have to cut me to the core. imve seen people from the UK basically ask the same question so bite me big toe!!!!!!!
and to top it off, some of the measurements were standard instead of metric, so why not all of it.

Lil Sindigo
28-06-12, 05:33 AM
Don't be so bloody lazy, just type it in to google. Damn, some people want everything doing for them!

And how in the bloody hell do you measure in just mg and ml. There are 1000mg in a gram so you'd be measuring out 30000mg of sugar, lol, how ridiculous.
And how in the feck are you gonna calculate ml based on weight, LMFAO. Americans!

As for the original post. Top post, love a bit of millionaires shortbread and gonna be making some cannabutter soon. Thanks mate

i can't stand american recipes with their cup of this and spoonful of that. depends what size your cup is, you can't even get a decent pint.

whats worse is:

To convert US fluid ounces to British fluid ounces - multiply by 1.04
To convert US pints to British pints - multiply by 0.83
Now thats just Irish!