PDA

View Full Version : first time at the DAM

jay_ramsh
20-07-08, 07:35 PM
whay going the dam in nov first time in going cant wait which are your favorate coffee shops which one should i go to ? and which strains should i try ?:bigjoint:

D
20-07-08, 07:42 PM
what strains? everything:joint:

Couchlocked
20-07-08, 11:26 PM
NYC Diesel is a must when in the Dam!

organix
21-07-08, 07:53 AM
Amnesia Haze will blow your brains out.

Grey Area is one of the best places to buy weed but they're not open on mondays and don't open until the afternoon so don't try to find it in the morning, cheesegreen has a good amsterdam topic you should check out.

THOMAS CHONG
21-07-08, 11:27 AM
SUPER SILVER HAZE (GREENHOUSE) The nuts m8.

Cha-Cha Chong
21-07-08, 12:22 PM
Hello - I found this on our favourites list: coffee shop directory:

http://www.coffeeshop.freeuk.com/Amnesia.html

jay_ramsh
21-07-08, 08:33 PM
cheers people i'll be worse than a kid in a sweet shop so much to choose from, what dyeh reackon i'll av me first whitey in 6 years lol

Ocanna
21-07-08, 08:38 PM
i've smoked nl#5 x haze at de rokerij 2 years ago when i was at amsterdam and it was amazing! A great sativa high;)

bergkamp
22-07-08, 02:06 PM
dont forget the hash! you can get some lovely hash out there and tbh i usually keep the weed til i get back to the hotel as it will knock your head off.

Away with the fairies
22-07-08, 06:47 PM
So how has the smoking ban affected the dam??

NTT
22-07-08, 09:28 PM
Get some AK-47 and go to the Hill Street Blues, just round the corner from the Grasshopper.

That is all.

bergkamp
23-07-08, 01:36 PM
So how has the smoking ban affected the dam??

i havent been since the ban has been introduced but was reading in the paper that in the coffe shops you are now not allowed to put tobacco in your joints and you have to smoke pure weed joints or use a pipe/vapourizer

and jay_ramsh take it easy as the stairs in the bars/coffee shops are more like ladders and are not the easiest things to get down when your battered!

jay_ramsh
23-07-08, 05:28 PM
top tip bergcamp i belive all the stairs are steep as anythin?

Mr_Bimble
23-07-08, 07:27 PM
I'm Planning to go back in Nov to see how bad the tobacco ban is affecting the coffeeshops & get some seeds for next years grow.

My tip and what I always do now when in Dam.

Exit Grand central station - head straight for De Kuil and score some Nevilles Haze and some good Hash - Caramello or Creme-de-morroc.

Check in to hotel and pre-roll half a dozen joints of varying strengths - take it easy with Nevilles, I had two Vapouriser bags full and was fucked for a good hour or so.

Then you can wander around as much as you like knowing you have some top quality gear already so if the first few coffeshops dont have anything you fancy you already have some good shit.

I heard you have to smoke neat weed now which isn't a problem to me (I'll just have to put less in) but the Dutch stuff is so strong I expect to see loads of tourists whitey big style (even those that smoke at home).

I can attest to the steep stairs/steps having skinned both shins last time when falling up some as I was bimbling around the red-light and took far too much interest in the contents of a window instead of looking where I was going.

syanlar
25-07-08, 09:38 AM
Hi Jay

Just got back last night so here's my two peneth.

As someonelse said (quite rightly) - out of Central and into De Kuil/420 for some Neville's haze to get you started then check out any of the following in any order.

Grey Area - Best shit in the dam - Try LA Confidential and Re-con. Skip the Martian Mean Green - not so good this time around.
Greenhouse (4 shops) - Any of the Arjan hazes and lemon skunk, also if you are into taste in a big way - try out Strawberry Haze - the taste in unreal and the high extremely nice.
Hunters - Hunters special haze - incredible strain - one of the best. Also try their Lavender, it will put you on your arse.
Damkring (3/4 shops) - Try the one nearest Barney's Breakfast bar in Harleemstraat as it has just been re-furb'd and is v.nice. Food and drinks are exceptional - as for the smoke - no need to ask. If you want some quality solid buy the Rifman hash - any, quality smoke.
Amensia - as above - good place to go and smoke the stuff you have just bought from Grey Area (just round corner)
Dolphins - One of my favourite shops - Try the white dolphin - it's harsh but will put you in cloud cockoo land.
Barneys - Try Willie Nelsons, Cheese, and just about anything else - Barneys is always good quality. The best shop is the Barneys lounge down south nr Rembrandtsplein. (There are 4 now - Barney's Coffeeshop (Breakfast bar), Barney's brasserie (3 doors along), Barneys upstreet (Drinking Bar opposite the coffeeshop and then the lounge as previously mentioned.
Rockerij - Avoid the one nearest Central the bar tender is an ugly moody old bitch. (see below)

Moving on - SMOKING BAN - APPLIES TO ALL COFFEESHOPS.

The rule here is - NO TOBACCO unless there is a seperate smoking area. If not then it is PURE JOINTS / VAPO's / BONGS etc only.
The REALITY is that as long as you are,nt being blatent i.e. leaving packets of cigarettes/baccy around, butt ends etc then the coffeeshops are turning a blind eye to the smoking ban. They are all saying no tobacco and have signs up etc but on the quiet are just telling you not to make it obvious.

So in other words. Don;t worry, just keep the baccy under the table as such. Unless you are in Rockerij (see above) where the ugly bitch is so anal over everything you would,nt believe it. I had a stand up row with her in front of everyone because she told me to put my tobacco away. I told her I was,nt even smoking (I was taking a break). She told me she would get arrested if the police came in and saw it in there. I told her to get a life and the whole place roared with laughter - She did,nt see the funny side. Did,nt throw me out though.

Finally - When you are there speak to the dealers. Tell them what you want and what sort of a buzz you are after - Stoned, high, mixture of both etc and they will sort you out. I,ve yet to meet a coffee shop dealer who is,nt a really really nice person in the dam and will spend all the time in the world going through everything they have to offer. Finally ask to see what you are buying before you buy it. Does it smell right, it is cured and dried properly, does it look crystally etc.

Have a great time m8. PM me if you need any further specific info. I,ve been far too many times to remember.