PDA

View Full Version : panic attacks

lion
22-03-11, 11:08 PM
hello.. i am a new member and i do not speak very good english because i am greek...
well i would like to tell you about something and if you can help that would be great..
at the past i was smoking pot and it was great..but sometime and not because of cannabis i started having panic attacks...now the panic attacks have stopped.. but i am a little anxious..thats why when i want to smoke a joint i usually drink before a little of alchohol to relax... but because i want to stop drinking alchohol and smoking tobaco.. and the thing is that i like cannabis but it also helps me sometimes when i can not sleep at nights and generally relaxes me...my problem is that 2 weeks before i tryed a lemon haze with my bro without drinking alchohol before and i almost had a panic attack.. my question is if there is a strain tha would help me with not having panic attacks while i smoke it and generally helps with anxiety and panic attacks... thanks a lot.. i am sorry for the bad english.. i hope wou will understand what i am trying to say.. thanks again.

New Age Outlaw
24-03-11, 03:18 AM
Hi Lion, that was perfect English, pleasure to meet you on here.

With cannabis, it is hugely reliant on mindset, so if you feel apprehensive, you may find cannabis will heighten this. it's nothing to worry about, you just need to relax and get your head to a good place. Environment is crucial. Don't think too much. Relax relax relax.

Now, strain wise, you sound like you should avoid sativas and stick with indica. You're looking for high CBD content over hight THC content. Also, if you have access to growing or know a grower, let the trichomes turn amber for extra CBD. With all you say, (you want to relax, sleep better and not be anxious) you really do want indica and high CBD.

Also, how are you taking it? Smoking, vapour, eating? Are you sure you're dosing correctly? Don't over do things, ease in gently, sometimes less really is more. You can always take more don't forget. Slow and steady is the best way until you find your point.

Strains, as said, any pure indica would do you well. Whiteberry is a nice mellow strain, white widow is fairly good but it's not pure indica. Just have a browse seed sites and look at the reviews and CBD and THC content. Have a look here and see if any take your fancy:

http://www.thc-cannabis-seeds.com/cannabis-seeds/

Hope that's of some small help to you Lion.

bergkamp
24-03-11, 09:09 AM
hi lion , dont worry about your english - believe me its far better than a lot of the native english speakers on here.

completely agree with the above , try a nice indica like a northern lights .

J420
24-03-11, 09:24 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?26955-List-of-strains-for-medical-use

Surprised you can hold your self from throwing up when drinking beers first and then smoking, not everyone is able to do that hehe

There are softer strains to use and better strains to use for anxiety, have a look at the link and check what strains you can try out, its a good guideline.

Welcome to the forum and feel free to post a grow diary when you get started : )

goochy
24-03-11, 10:12 AM
What are you feeling anxious about exactly?

CockRoach
24-03-11, 10:29 AM
maybe cos he just smoked a fat haze joint and hes worried the hazeman is coming to warp his thoughts......hes right in a way......just let them go lion...just let em go:D

imo you need a knock out smoke so your mind aint racing 100mile an hr.

nice english btw - better than j420 and hes not even from this planet :D

bergkamp
24-03-11, 10:39 AM
maybe cos he just smoked a fat haze joint and hes worried the hazeman is coming to warp his thoughts......hes right in a way......just let them go lion...just let em go:D

that did actually make me laugh - i am stoned though.

CockRoach
24-03-11, 10:43 AM
im gona be there soon bergy :D right after i find the fuckin roach materials - i would use this train ticket but after that bad roach thread me looking for pureness

lion
24-03-11, 11:37 AM
thanks everybody for your help.. i will sure take a look at the links you gave me and i will choose i great strain with high cbd... now about some questions you made me... i take marijuana by smoking it..
and about the other question about my anxiety.. i do not really know why i am anxious for, i am just an anxious person and it started 2 years ago with my university exams... but the problem is when i was younger and tryed marijuana, sometimes i had panic attacks
until sometime i had a really big panic attack and made me quit smoking pot... so nowtimes when i light up a joint in the idea only of having a panic attack i get a panic attack.. i believe you understand.. although it's kind of a stupid reason to have a panic attack , it seems to be
so hard to let the idea go.. but i am trying..and i believe sometime i will achieve it..thanks everybody again for your help..

J420
24-03-11, 11:59 AM
Stop thinking about it and just try to relax, if you think bad stuff then bad stuff will happen to you!

Its the same with every other substances which means if you are not in the right mind then just don't do it, pretty simple. I would never do psy's if I was down or in a bad situation that is just like asking for problems.(although it did save my life first time)

And this can also be why you are having anxiety attacks when smoking because you build it up all on your own and then blaming the weed for it. So relax put on some nice music and just chill.

Also never smoke with people who just wanna fuzz around etc smoke on your own instead if you are that anxious

lion
24-03-11, 12:34 PM
thanks j420... i would like to make another question. you say i will grow my marijuana strain and let it flower us much as i can because when the buds get ''older'' more cbd and less thc is produced..
for example, can i grow a northern lights strain and let the buds mature and achieve rates like CBD 7-8% and THC 4-5%?

J420
24-03-11, 06:43 PM
Well crystals goes through three stages when you can harvest them, first: Give a more uplifting Sativa feeling, this is when the crystals is just cloudy and second is when there is alot om ember color wich is more sofa lock/numbing and third is 50/50 its when the crystals start to degree, so you end up with 50% ember and 50% cloudy.

Its 50/50 I do my main harvest at because I use it for pain reliever but still wanna be able to function and get things done etc but I do harvest from all three stages just to get a bit of change so can use it for different occasions.

Not sure which would be best for you with that strain as I haven't grown it my self yet but got it on the list but for instant my cousin who get anxious on Sativa so he only smoke Indica so try to take harvest from all three stages and see what fits you but if you would buy this in a pharmacy in Cali for example then they would only give you weed when it got as much ember as possible.

lion
24-03-11, 06:55 PM
thanks for the information.. well i will try some indicas and i will see my reaction in each plant.. thanks a lot everybody.. if i start a grow soon i will let you know about my grow with pics and reactions i had.. thanks again
see you around..

J420
24-03-11, 07:03 PM
Start a grow diary man, then you can get any advice you would need to grow the best weed you possibly can : )

New Age Outlaw
25-03-11, 12:36 AM
Great, stick around Lion and hopefully we can all be of more use, it's a good community here.

You smoke it, with tobacco or neat?

Do you take it all in one go? Maybe just ease yourself in more?

You're worried about the panic attacks clearly, and it's now a vicious circle, you've got to break the chain of events that lead you to anxiety. Like J420 say, make sure you've got good chilled people around you, that's so important. What do you usually like to do after you've had a bit of a smoke?

lion
25-03-11, 01:22 AM
look. i smoke cannabis with tobacco and all not in one... and when i smoke a joint i want to just chill out in a house or somewhere comfortable with good people, with friends,
i want to be completely relaxed.. thats why i want a high cbd strain.. i want to relax and play games, laugh and just have fun... i will try to find a strain perfect for my situation... i hope i will find it...

J420
25-03-11, 03:50 AM
Tobacco ain't good to mix with Cannabis man so you might wanna start smoking pure, gonna save your health as well.

If its to expensive for you now to just smoke pure then start as soon you have the grow finished and got the ball rolling. Or at least get tobacco replacement like American spirit etc then you can mix out your weed with out having to use tobacco.

Have you thought about all the chemicals that is in tobacco? They do contain nerve poisen and waste so look up tobacco replacement if you wanna mix out your weed at least try it out and see if you like it.

New Age Outlaw
25-03-11, 06:51 PM
As J420 says Lion, may want to adjust your tobacco and this could account for some of your panic symptoms, you're basically using two things (tobacco and cannabis) that are conflicting in effect to what you're after. J420 gives good advice above so I won't add to it.

All the best lion, hope it all goes well, I have a feeling it will now! :-)

PainPuffer
26-03-11, 10:24 AM
Hi Guys, I'm new here. I've just read through all of your comments because I have a back injury and so I like the pain relief that cannabis gives me - where all the drugs that doctors prescribed me have failed. But just like 'lion' I was finding that it was making me anxious and giving me panic attacks, either that or knocking me out and making me unable to function enough to work and things like that. However I must mention that this was when I was buying it from other growers, and being a novice I had no idea what I was buying. I would like to thank you guys for all of your advice regarding different strains and different times for harvesting - all things which had not even occurred to me.

In return for all of the wonderful advice I would just like to mention something which has helped me out enormously with regards to growing equipment. As I said I'm a complete novice... so thinking that cannabis being a plant it would need soil right? Wrong! My spare room was a complete mess, there was soil everywhere. Then I read somewhere about hydroponics and got on to a site called ***No Links***. They are a really good source of essential hydroponic equipment, such as all the indoor grow lights you could need, like HPS Bulbs, Metal halide bulbs, Digital ballast, grow tents, in fact everything you need to set up your own grow room.

With me being such a novice, these guys were really helpful and told me everything I would need, they really helped me out. So I now have a fully functioning non-messy grow room. Thanks to you guys today and all your great advice I now have a clearer idea of what I need to be growing in it. If anyone can advise where the best place to buy these indica seeds etc from I would be extremely grateful. Thank you so much. PainPuffer.

PG
26-03-11, 11:21 AM
Hi Guys, I'm new here. I've just read through all of your comments because I have a back injury and so I like the pain relief that cannabis gives me - where all the drugs that doctors prescribed me have failed. But just like 'lion' I was finding that it was making me anxious and giving me panic attacks, either that or knocking me out and making me unable to function enough to work and things like that. However I must mention that this was when I was buying it from other growers, and being a novice I had no idea what I was buying. I would like to thank you guys for all of your advice regarding different strains and different times for harvesting - all things which had not even occurred to me.

In return for all of the wonderful advice I would just like to mention something which has helped me out enormously with regards to growing equipment. As I said I'm a complete novice... so thinking that cannabis being a plant it would need soil right? Wrong! My spare room was a complete mess, there was soil everywhere. Then I read somewhere about hydroponics and got on to a site called ***No Links***. They are a really good source of essential hydroponic equipment, such as all the indoor grow lights you could need, like HPS Bulbs, Metal halide bulbs, Digital ballast, grow tents, in fact everything you need to set up your own grow room.

With me being such a novice, these guys were really helpful and told me everything I would need, they really helped me out. So I now have a fully functioning non-messy grow room. Thanks to you guys today and all your great advice I now have a clearer idea of what I need to be growing in it. If anyone can advise where the best place to buy these indica seeds etc from I would be extremely grateful. Thank you so much. PainPuffer.

Thanks for that, but please read our forum rules before posting any more links :)

The best place to buy good indica seeds can be found here (http://www.thc-cannabis-seeds.com/cannabis-seeds/)

Welcome to THCTALK

Percy :joint: