PDA

View Full Version : is this light enough for seedlings?

ruderalis
03-04-11, 11:57 AM
hi guys,

I was wondering if 3 x 36W(6500K) would be enough for 2-4 seedlings to "veg" in a propagator for a week or two before putting them under MH? Also how far the light should be to avoid stretch?

Appreciate all the input! Thanks :)

Grub
03-04-11, 12:01 PM
Yes mate, that will be fine for seedlings. Keep the lights an inch or two above the prop. :)

ruderalis
03-04-11, 12:26 PM
Yes mate, that will be fine for seedlings. Keep the lights an inch or two above the prop. :)

Good :)
I tried to keep the lights so close but the temp in my prop got around 86F, a wee bit too high I think.
Maybe should try to use a fan... Currently the lights are around 4-5inch away from the prop... Been giving it a try with one baby in rockwool for a day.. it seems fine but, it has stretched I think :(

Grub
03-04-11, 12:27 PM
Yea a little fan blowing between the lights and the prop will help to keep the babies cool. :)

ruderalis
03-04-11, 12:36 PM
Yea a little fan blowing between the lights and the prop will help to keep the babies cool. :)

yeap, was thinking about it earlier, should give it a try :)
when using such a low (somewhat) light... should i stick to 18-6 cycle or maybe 24hr?

Grub
03-04-11, 12:37 PM
My little veg cab is similar to yours and my light is never off. It works for me. :)

ruderalis
03-04-11, 12:42 PM
My little veg cab is similar to yours and my light is never off. It works for me. :)

cool, I'll keep that in mind :)
just about to give delahaze & jacky white from paradise a try

ruderalis
03-04-11, 09:33 PM
the fan gets the temp down, just right around 76F :)
only thing that worries me is that the humidity drops a lot :(
any thoughts? was thinking to isolate the prop box with some tape (from one end)