PDA

View Full Version : Strawberries????

bboyz
04-04-11, 11:53 AM
Is it possible to grow strawberries in a grow tent?

Using 400w Hps?

If yes what light cycle would it need and would you use same Biobizz nutes and all mix soil as I use growing cannabis?

Thanks

Grub
04-04-11, 11:56 AM
I'm sure it's possible, but it's simply not practical mate, they need a lot of space! For the yield you would get and the cost in electricity etc to grow them, you could have gone to Tesco and bought them LOADS cheaper.

M_C
04-04-11, 11:56 AM
Good question.

I would imagine that they would be OK grown with a vegging light cycle, may have to back down on the nutes a little but to be honest I have no idea!

M_C
04-04-11, 11:58 AM
But grub, whilst they may be cheaper in the supermarket, sometimes the fun of growing new things makes it all worth the extra cost :D

Grub
04-04-11, 12:00 PM
But grub, whilst they may be cheaper in the supermarket, sometimes the fun of growing new things makes it all worth the extra cost :D

I agree totally mate. That's why i have a load growing in the greenhouse and the garden. I much prefer gods own HPS light to grow mine. :)

bboyz
04-04-11, 12:11 PM
Yes I am considering a greenhouse outdoors and doing them as I just saw prices for another tent and cheaper for small greenhouse lol or maybe just stick to the cannabis atm get a few grows under my belt lol

up2nogood
04-04-11, 12:38 PM
use the biggest and best lumens/heat source in the world..the sun..cheaper to run lol

AnalClamp
04-04-11, 01:04 PM
i tried growing other stuff in my grow tent and it worked just fine.... the downside of it was i checked under my canopy of weed and seen that the stuff i was growing had migrated to my canna soil and was growing with my White widows????
so to conclude i wouldnt try it ever again coz it may cross contaminate your weed
hope this is helpful

bboyz
04-04-11, 02:44 PM
ahh i was going to buy one of these grow tents with two halves in but aint got the space for it so gonna stick strawberries in garden :)

Eggbox
04-04-11, 07:31 PM
Strawberries will do better outdoors, after a few harvests/seasons than they will first time indoors. If anyone proves me otherwise I'll eat my metaphorical hat :bong:

TIKTOK
04-04-11, 09:45 PM
Strawberries will do better outdoors

No point in wasting tent space on something that will grow outdoors better, far better stick an auto in there if you have space. Strawberries like an acidic well drained soil in a container or in the ground and just give them tomatoerite once in flower. Nip off the runners or they will take over your garden and once the berries form stick some straw between them and the soil so they dont rot

relto
06-04-11, 12:46 AM
get one of those bucket things.were ya can plant loads in a small space...they will grow outside better...

J420
06-04-11, 12:52 AM
Get a balcony pot:
http://i00.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/12286020/Balcony_Pot_Saucer.jpg

And have on the window shelf, it will work much better.

I will get one to have all my herbs in and might even put in strawberry for the kick as well.

relto
06-04-11, 12:53 AM
i`m sure u can make summit out an old plastic bin or even some old wood....strawberies are like weeds will grow anywere