PDA

View Full Version : First grow seeds

Flumper
27-07-08, 03:36 AM
I'm looking to do a grow in the next couple of months, it'll be my first ever grow.
I'm just wondering what seeds you guys would recommend for a first time grower? (Indoors)

I want something that'll grow fairly quickly, I'd also like it to be something that's fairly reliable (I plan on a very small grow, so the less that can go wrong, the better!).

I don't mind sacrificing a little potency for a more reliable grow, but I don't want to be growing extremely weak cannabis either..

I've been looking at feminised seeds, and they're a very attractive prospect as it would save a lot of bother cutting away male plants, and I'm worried that I may not recognise them, and leave some growing, or worse yet, cut away some unnecessary portions.

What are your experiences with feminised seeds, are they worth the extra money?

I'd love to see some pictures of really small basic grows too, for inspiration!

I may add to this later as I'm sure I've forgotten details.

Thanks!

Flumper
27-07-08, 04:07 AM
One more thing: I'm also after something that is suitable for a relatively small grow space, I don't want it to be so small that the yield sucks, but I don't want to end up with a small jungle - as much as I'd appreciate that, my landlord wouldn't!

WTL
27-07-08, 08:39 AM
Maybe check out the crazy X range of seeds sold in the THCtalk shop dude, as for small scale grow op's take a gander at the grow section dude loads of them in there.

WTL
27-07-08, 08:42 AM
here's a good one mate:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2254

QueenB
27-07-08, 12:16 PM
Thanks for that link WTL, its a great grow to follow!!

WTL
27-07-08, 12:27 PM
No worries QueenB

here's another:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=2018

bergkamp
27-07-08, 01:20 PM
cheers for reccomending my grow wtl

and flumper ive also grown ak47 using this method and have lemon stinkys on the go at the moment.
dont bother with expensive seeds for you first grow - as wtl says have a look at crazy x seeds from this site or nirvana seeds from somewhere else.
i would definately reccomend nirvana northern lights though it was a great smoke.
and dont worry about not knowing which sex they are , you'll know when you see them .

Flumper
27-07-08, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the advice and links guys!

So are feminised seeds really not worth the money?
The reason I'm so tempted to use them is that I'll probably only be growing two plants, and I wouldn't want to have to throw one or both of them away..

How big do they generally get before you can sex them?
If they're still pretty small at that stage I might consider growing 4-5 normal seeds with an expectation to throw half of them away for being male.

P.S Great forum you've got here - I spent ages drooling over pictures of grows/harvests last night!

bergkamp
28-07-08, 12:31 PM
the size of the plants when sexing all depends on how you are growing them , if you go 12/12 from seed like i do then i can usually sex them when they are still in 10cm pots and only about 6" tall . if your space is big enough to fit a 200w bulb then you should be able to fit 6 to 8 pots of this size under it , then just throw the males away and keep how ever many you can fit.

i havent used feminized seeds but i just think for the cost of nirvana/crazy x seeds whats the point? & especially for a first grow go the cheapest way you can and make sure the rest of your setup is working ok and have a go with more expensive seeds once you know what your doing.
just another little note to take into consideration the ak and northern lights i grew using this method hardly had any side branches at all so you might be able to fit a couple more in , whereas the the lemon stinky im doing at the moment has a lot more side branch growth.

popefull27
28-07-08, 06:08 PM
you should get snow white seeds from nirvana,potent,small and bushy,and high yeild.They got a feminised version,but I wouldnt recommend it cause youll get some hermies