PDA

View Full Version : I've just got myself banned, what a cock.

Blower Bob
28-07-08, 11:49 AM
You Have Been Warned No Spamming!!!! Have A Ban!!!

ViK
07-08-08, 12:19 AM
:pee::sign_thistopicsucks

:guitar:
:headbang::headbang::rock::yeah mate:

:rolleyes:

Couchlocked
07-08-08, 07:26 AM
Not having a go THC but I think this would happen less in this section if you added a topic stating rules in this section and then stickied it.

Having a section named: Growing Equipment, Suppliers & Reviews

Invites users to post reviews of products and in doing that it seems pretty common for a user to state the Suppliers and if doing so they add a clickable link to the Supplier and it gets them a warning of even banned then it seems a little harsh.

Now I know there is another part of the forum that states rules that say not to do this but having a sticky in the section of the forum reminding members would do no harm in-fact it would be much more professional.

I feel this needed to be pointed out... :sorry:

Cha-Cha Chong
07-08-08, 12:12 PM
Invites users to post reviews of products and in doing that it seems pretty common for a user to state the Suppliers and if doing so they add a clickable link to the Supplier and it gets them a warning of even banned then it seems a little harsh.

Mate, I warned him nicely twice, he ignorned me and carried on spamming so I banned him, if LK or Rags think I was too harsh they can over-ride me.

I see what you are saying, I will leave that part to admin but as a new member he would have had to read the terms and conditions before signing up to the site.......rules are rules and he ignored them.

The_Hunter
07-08-08, 12:15 PM
too right cha cha

Couchlocked
07-08-08, 01:37 PM
Mate, I warned him nicely twice, he ignorned me and carried on spamming so I banned him, if LK or Rags think I was too harsh they can over-ride me.

I see what you are saying, I will leave that part to admin but as a new member he would have had to read the terms and conditions before signing up to the site.......rules are rules and he ignored them.

It was not a dig at you CCC that never crossed my mind so if it seemed that way sorry.

I just see a few members on here being banned lately for minor things and I can't help but think if rules are laid out in each section better then people have no excuse for ignoring them.

My dig was at the way this section is worded and named:-

Growing Equipment, Suppliers & Reviews
Discuss any grow equipment you have or are thinking about buying in here. Product reviews and grow product suppliers reviews can be found in here. A great place to start if you are looking for info on grow products or suppliers.

In my opinion it invites users to break rules without them knowing, not everyone is that bright when it comes to forums and not everyone is 100% when stoned.

New members don't always understand that linking to other sites is a no no sometimes it takes a little bit for that to settle in, the golden rule for all forums is ALWAYS READ STICKIES/STICKY as that is where you will find important information and or rules, and when they don't exist in a certain part of the forums then new users or users that are not that bright with forums make mistakes.

I know not all do and some do it on badness to spam but having a sticky there "pinned" to the top of the forum is general forum eticate.

Couchlocked
07-08-08, 03:05 PM
Just thought I'd add a few funny videos to this...

"I'm not always serious" :laugh:

Posting And You

How To Behave On A Internet Forum

Cha-Cha Chong
07-08-08, 05:16 PM
No worries CL, I just replied because it was me that banned the member who started this thread. :)

I see what you are saying and agree that it does need to be looked and the rules on linking need to be a bit clearer.

I assure you that no MOD's on here like to ban anyone and we only do it if we feel its necessary, we really want THCtalk to grow so we can keep it going. If I see links that should'nt be on here, I will remove them and send a PM to the person posting it to inform them its not allowed, its only when they continue to do it and ignore all warnings that the hammer comes out :)

Anyhow..........enough of that, I like the video, could only view the second one :D :laugh:

Couchlocked
07-08-08, 05:23 PM
No problems CCC y'all do a great job THCtalk is a good site :D here is the link for the first video again dunno why the first ain't playing for you (does for me) anyways this one should open a new window CLICK HERE (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk&eurl=https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=4279)

Cha-Cha Chong
07-08-08, 05:29 PM
Ha ha ha ha - that should be made a sticky LOL!!! :D

Couchlocked
08-08-08, 10:57 AM
Ha ha ha ha - that should be made a sticky LOL!!! :D

Aye looks like Dru went ahead and did just that. :laugh: glad y'all liked it :D

lkdj2003
10-08-08, 03:04 PM
Thanks for that Cha. :greet:

Our Mods only ban when they see that rules are broken Couchlocked, but even then nearly all the mods will run it past myself or Ragman if they are unsure. So we are very fair on THC and only when muppets spam or break rules they get banned.

They can read our forum faq's at anytime, i even have the link in my sig. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Couchlocked
10-08-08, 06:56 PM
Thanks for that Cha. :greet:

Our Mods only ban when they see that rules are broken Couchlocked, but even then nearly all the mods will run it past myself or Ragman if they are unsure. So we are very fair on THC and only when muppets spam or break rules they get banned.

They can read our forum faq's at anytime, i even have the link in my sig. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

I agree mate, I'm just pointing out there is no sticky for this section pointing out a few ifs and don't, and if there was then nobody should have any excuse for breaking the rules in this section.

lkdj2003
11-08-08, 06:35 PM
I agree mate, I'm just pointing out there is no sticky for this section pointing out a few ifs and don't, and if there was then nobody should have any excuse for breaking the rules in this section.

I see what you are saying but things are going ok how they are, after all why fix something thats not broke. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

At the end of the day all the banned members know what they are doing before they even strike a key on there keyboard, sad i know but some people don't have lifes them selfs or they are bored in maths at school. :D

All of our rules stand for the forum as a whole you see mate and that is to keep us all safe and sound from fools.

Couchlocked
11-08-08, 08:06 PM
I understand mate but do you not think it's just a little confusing the fact that all links to Greens are OK but other hydroponic stores NO?

Nothing in the rules state this yet it's a clear fact on the site that users who do this have the links removed or are warned/banned.

I know Greens are very good to this site with the prizes for POTM each comp and I'm kind of guessing they have some sort of deal going with yourselfs and or THCtalk is part of Greens? I dunno...

Either way that's cool with me but I still feel the situation can be confusing to some and not pointing out this via a sticky or the rules seems a little un-fair.

Sorry for posting so much on this subject and I'm sorry for maybe being a pest, but I love this site and I just want everyone to enjoy it as much as I do and I think some problems need ironing out. :(

D
12-08-08, 05:06 AM
I understand mate but do you not think it's just a little confusing the fact that all links to Greens are OK but other hydroponic stores NO?

Nothing in the rules state this yet it's a clear fact on the site that users who do this have the links removed or are warned/banned.

I know Greens are very good to this site with the prizes for POTM each comp and I'm kind of guessing they have some sort of deal going with yourselfs and or THCtalk is part of Greens? I dunno...

Either way that's cool with me but I still feel the situation can be confusing to some and not pointing out this via a sticky or the rules seems a little un-fair.

Sorry for posting so much on this subject and I'm sorry for maybe being a pest, but I love this site and I just want everyone to enjoy it as much as I do and I think some problems need ironing out. :(

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=4509

Couchlocked
12-08-08, 12:53 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=4509

Thank you Dru it just makes things easier for people to understand. :o

Couchlocked
12-08-08, 09:00 PM
CL,

I can tell you that THCTalk & Greens are in no way connected.

There has always been a good relationship between the two company's since day 1. they've always given the quality of service, not to mention prices that we like to see our members get from a supplier.

There are a lot of cowboy's out there on t'internet & most of us have bought dodgy gear or been ripped off at some point so it's nice to know we have someone we can recommend from personal experience.

And lets not forget that we are lucky enough to be able to offer prizes in the plant of the month comp. that have been donated by greens Via a 3rd party. they've shown a commitment to us so the least we as a site can do is return that compliment.

That's about the size of it M8 ... nothing more.

That's OK mate that was never an issue I did say Greens are very good to THCtalk I was just trying to get the point across that there was no rule stating no links to other hydro stores other then Greens and users are being warned/banned for breaking a rule that was not on the FAQ page nor any Sticky at the time of posting.

It's good that Greens have a good service and it's good that all links on here for hydro equipment are always going to be trust worthy.

and now there has been a sticky pointing out what I said was needed I think users now have no excuse.

Sorry for bugging you all over this but in my eyes it was a slight problem on the site and if I never pointed it out who was gonna...

:p :sorry: :cool: