PDA

View Full Version : Hempy 4 2nd grow

babybud3232
12-04-11, 07:54 PM
Hi all, newbe here, at present got 2 14l pots soil grow, going ok but i wanna use hempy buckets for 2nd grow as i dont think 2 pots under a 250w cfl is the best use of my space which is only 17inch deep by 26inch wide max height is 4ft , wanted to know if i could use 5l pots if doing the hempy way? Then i might be able to get 3 possibly 4 plants & try sog, is this to ambitious?

babybud3232
13-04-11, 11:16 AM
No replies! guess not many are using this system , oh well a lil' trial & error never hurt any1, think i will try 4 regular nirvana swiss cheese with my idea of 5l final pot size, hope to show any process with a diary, fingers crossed

Neph
14-04-11, 06:27 AM
With smaller pots expect smaller plants.

My space isn't that big so I'm limiting my plants to 1l pots.

I've just started my diary so you can check up on it and see how it goes with a small pot hempy system.

babybud3232
14-04-11, 11:05 AM
Would that be clones you put into 1l pots?

Azerbanphal
14-04-11, 11:54 AM
If you're growing all the same strain, why not try and find a trough or container that roughly fits your grow area and grow as many as seems appropriate all together.
This is an appropriate way to grow using hempys method and maxing out your grow area.

Forest
14-04-11, 12:32 PM
5 l pot will grow you a good sized plant hempys seem to allow a much bigger plants than soil does i thing its because its less dense than soil if you look in the how to hempy thread you will see a pic of a plant hempy grew and it in a 10 litre bucket and it massive he has grown in bigger pot but it hasnt shown to improve the plants size at all fill you 5 l pot to the top as the top few inches dont have roots in so the higher you get it the more roots you will get lower down
i also have two plants in my 10l bucket i did some clones along side my main plants and they have done very well being in the buckets together so as said your other option to max your space is to use one large pot but use the tallest one you can fit because they grow far better with a deep pot than a shallow one
just ask if you have any questions i will allway help if i can i think this is the easyest hydro there is and cheapest
G

M_C
14-04-11, 12:39 PM
I've done autos in a 3 litre hempy with no problems.

Forest
14-04-11, 12:49 PM
the 99p shop has got 5 L black square bins with a flip lid that are perfect for fitting together and not wasting space if your in the uk

babybud3232
14-04-11, 07:39 PM
Hi, i totally get the deep part, i put a seedling into a pot noodle pot on monday just to see if i was understanding everything right & its taken off! I've now put it into a 2l bottle, i used 100% perlite & i'm using iguana juice, I like the trough idea makes things even simpler hopefully i'll find something deep enuff in wilkos

Forest
14-04-11, 11:44 PM
those tote storage boxs are good for that bro

and when you plants roots hit the res they do take off