PDA

View Full Version : would it be possible and possibly legal?

conman
13-04-11, 10:44 AM
O.K. i'll start at the beginning
7 or 8 years ago we planted some fruit trees apples and pears etc. i never really paid much attention to them unless i seen ripe fruit on them but last year it was brought to my attention that some thing had grafted itself on to some of them I told them they were mad in the head until I went and checked and sure enough 2 of the apple trees had seriously stunted growth and some kind of thorny bush growing out of the trunk where there was a large bulge and the thorny things were thriving I cut them off and dressed the wound on the trunk and now the tree's are back to full health but a little smaller than the others
This just popped in to my head while i was rolling the splif that im now smoking so it hasn't been thought about for long but would it be possible to graft a plant/ cutting on to a similar tree or plant and if it was done and worked would it be counted as a marijuana plant or an apple tree with a growth? in the eyes of the law it is illegal to plant a seed but if you can honestly say and show that there was no seed and all you planted was an apple tree can they do you for growing MJ at the end of the day the mj aint in soil or growing medium as such?

Go on tell me im mad in the head lol:stoned-smilie:

mellowed
13-04-11, 11:14 AM
Yeah your mad but that's a bloody good idea. I think you should try it and see if you can get it to take. You should do a diary about it aswell.

sent from my mobile while driving and steering with my knees.

paulit
13-04-11, 12:08 PM
Yeah your mad but that's a bloody good idea. I think you should try it and see if you can get it to take. You should do a diary about it aswell.

...ive 'heared' once rumors abt cannabis n hops heh! anyone knows if it is a true?

From: Iamshaman dot com ..Hops: "This is one of only two plants in the genus cannabinaceae with the other being, as the generic name suggests, the Cannabis plant. Indeed, the hops plant can be grafted onto a root stock of cannabis, producing a plant that looks like hop but contains the highly illegal THC."

Forest
13-04-11, 12:10 PM
most apples are grafted as they revert to crab apples give it a go who knows !

conman
13-04-11, 12:48 PM
nice to see some positive comments to my moment of madness would love to try it but dont think that i would have the qualifications needed to succeed was throwing it out there in the hope that a more experienced grower/horticulturist would take a stab at it and give me some step by step instructions or even just look in to the legal side of it as there maybe some sort of a loophole in the law that could be exploited for a while until they change the law (amazing how quick them laws can get changed)

Forest
13-04-11, 03:46 PM
gogle grafting i saw in done the other day you cut a v in the apple tree branch then a inverted v in the pot branch and tape em to gether or wire it then put a bag over it for a while changing the air every day in the bag and then after say a week bobs your uncle! applebis/cannapple
sth close to that anyway it was grafting canna together i saw
as for loopholes no idea you need to know where to look

mellowed
13-04-11, 03:49 PM
I wanna munch on a cannapple now.

Forest
13-04-11, 03:52 PM
sounds fukin great dont it yum!

Tay
13-04-11, 03:56 PM
http://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/advanced-growing-techniques/320960d1261651465-how-graft-hops-cannabis-together-simply-amazing-cana-82-.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/advanced-growing-techniques/320962d1261651465-how-graft-hops-cannabis-together-simply-amazing-000_0024.jpg

these are about the only grafted canna pics i've ever been able to find. (it's grafted to hops) i'd love to see mj growing out of an apple tree!

Forest
14-04-11, 12:21 AM
what pics tay?

Tay
14-04-11, 12:52 AM
erm, the pics i posted... if you can't see them it's maybe because i registered (but never posted) on another forum.

can anyone else confirm the pics aren't showing? i'll upload them here and re-post if so.

(if you click 'reply with quote' you should be able to see the urls for the images at least)

Forest
14-04-11, 12:59 AM
ive just copyed the url of the little squares i see and it take me to the place you got em from but i would have to be a member to see them so i guess no one that not a member sees them

Tay
14-04-11, 01:01 AM
damn... that's weird though, i logged out of the other place but i can still see them here. no worries i'll upload them to the thc gallery and re post. cheers for letting me know

Tay
14-04-11, 01:05 AM
here they are again (borrowed pics, credit to 'kalyseeds' from another forum)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/000_00242.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/cana_82_.jpg

Forest
14-04-11, 01:15 AM
that mad ............... we might have cannapples yet lol

bodge
14-04-11, 01:16 AM
epic idea chum - and who knows ? ...u could always set a legal precedent.....lol

M_C
14-04-11, 11:36 AM
hi guys, whilst it is a great idea & I'd love to see someone do it, it is still illegal as the law is not about just the planting cannabis seeds but the cultivation of cannabis.... grafting is still cultivation :(

jobby2812
14-04-11, 02:25 PM
hi guys, whilst it is a great idea & I'd love to see someone do it, it is still illegal as the law is not about just the planting cannabis seeds but the cultivation of cannabis.... grafting is still cultivation :(

So true otherwise people would get around the law of just planting seeds just by taking a simple cutting. Technically no seeds involved with cuttings. Only the original mother plant would have come from a seed. Everything else then after would come from a cutting.

Photosynthesis
07-06-11, 01:19 AM
in jorge cervantes indoor outdoor grow bible he states that it is definatley possible to graft a cut branch to the roots of a plant thats just been harvested usind the v technique,
cutting a v shape onto the cutting stem, then inserting it into the FRESHLY pre-cut rootstock stem, held in place with tape and a splint.
i am yet to try this out myself,
the cross genus grafting sounds interesting though
lol
a real cheese plant roots grafted with blueberry
real blue cheese.

><{{{*>MiK<*}}}><
07-06-11, 03:53 AM
Grafting to trees :)

I like that idea...

Top the trees and make a canna-canopy ><{{{*>

Weed like sun and tree supply water with big long roots that go down to water table :)

><{{{*>MiK<*}}}><
07-06-11, 03:54 AM
Grafting to trees :)

I like that idea...

Top the trees and make a canna-canopy ><{{{*>

Weed like sun and tree supply water with big long roots that go down to water table :)

Tabbatha
05-09-11, 12:05 AM
in the eyes of the law it is illegal to plant a seed Oh, it most certainly is not. It is only illegal to 'cultivate' cannabis plants. 'Planting' a seed does not legally qualify if it hasn't sprouted.

It's a very interesting question, none-the-less. One that I'll give some thought to.

:)

Photosynthesis
06-09-11, 02:48 AM
ive heard of this type of grafting b4,
it does work.
cant rem how its done or if its legal.

Photosynthesis
06-09-11, 02:50 AM
in jorge cervantes indoor outdoor grow bible he states that it is definatley possible to graft a cut branch to the roots of a plant thats just been harvested usind the v technique,
cutting a v shape onto the cutting stem, then inserting it into the FRESHLY pre-cut rootstock stem, held in place with tape and a splint.
i am yet to try this out myself,
the cross genus grafting sounds interesting though
lol
a real cheese plant roots grafted with blueberry
real blue cheese.

that sounds wicked, REAL BLUE CHEESE (a very nice and potent but smelly strain)
cheers 4 the reminder where i heard it - jorge cervantes indoor/outdoor medical grow bible.
i have 3 copies (2 are lent out 2 m8s)

PG
06-09-11, 07:54 AM
It is illegal in the UK, because you have to germinate the genus cannabis in order to make the graft.
But grafting cannabis isn't a new idea. In some countries where growers are only allowed a certain number of plants they graft different strains to 1 rootstock, this way they can keep 5 different strains on just 1 mother plant.

Interesting vid on the subject....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGhWLaTopL4

I've tried a couple of times but without but success, it can be quite a long process to get the plants to join together and during that time the growroom conditions and environment need to be bang on. Planning another go this autumn, I'm going to see if I can get a UK exodus cheese cut grafted to an MMG rootstock. Cuts from both strains root very easily so hopefully they'll graft together with more success than my other attempts.

11-09-11, 01:02 AM
Honestly mate, they are apple tree's... honestly...

Llama
08-10-11, 04:24 PM
How about grafting a tomato and cannabis 'cannatoe' It would make a great pasta sauce. This 'mad' thought is a pretty good idea if it can be done

druggz
08-10-11, 04:45 PM
Any chance of grafting Nick Clegg and Camerons asses together, then were talkin. Maybe Ed might push for a law to be passed on grafting after that.

fat freddy
16-10-11, 07:33 PM
Grafting,,,,,,,no point in grafting a to b to b qt honest as mj is an anual plant. usually peeps graft slow growers onto faster growing root stocks for faster commercial apple etc crops or onto dwarfing rootstocks to produce garden size trees! Grafting several diff var's onto a mother plant however is a worthy achievment as now you can take cuts from several var's at once from 1 plant. yes canna and hops are of the same plant family and can be grafted onto one another, however grafting hops onto mj is a waste of time as THC is produced in the upper structures of the plant and not the roots. it is therefore possible to graft mj onto hops and get a quality result but the only advantage to this imo is if you had a hop farm you could graft your mj and grow it "stealthily among the hops"

carnagerider
24-10-11, 09:14 PM
very interesting thread mate. Being just full on gardener, I looked at this a couple of years back.

Hops is on the nose, the only known relative of our favourite girl. If you were to graft a girl on to root stock of hops, she'd grow like it didn't matter. Completely pointless for an indoor grow n outside you'd get caught.
Graft hops on to girly root stock n you get hops with thc with no visible signs.

but here's the problem, hops is licensed in the UK n although not illegal you can have it taken away, no prosecution. Not only that, but thc (or dronabinol now) is only miscible in alcohol, meaning beer/lager wouldn't dissolve all of it due to low alcohol. That leads you to wine.....take from that what you will :)

Mr_Bimble
29-10-11, 10:17 PM
would be a neat way of hiding your crop - get up a tree and graft them up in the canopy - well away from rabbits & priying eyes.

As for grafting annual plants - check suttons seeds catalogue for 2011 they have grafted tomatoe plants for sale.