PDA

View Full Version : Nutes for soil autoflowering?

yodaone902
13-04-11, 12:15 PM
Growing a couple autoflowers in biobizz soil
the guy at the grow shop said that some nutes in the fourth to fifth weeks (i suppose because the plant would have used up the nutrients in the soil already)
if this is the case what nutes would people suggest?
cheers

Rizal
13-04-11, 07:13 PM
Yo,

i have done a few auto grows, original lowryder 7 years ago then some ak47 x lr2 last year. If your seedlings are in their big pots from the get go then 3rd or 4th week is ok depending on what the plant tells you, but if you start in smaller pots of soil then puit them in bigger pots after a few weeks you will be good until week 5 on what that new soil has to offer. just a rough estimate, obv every grow/plant etc varies.

with regard to nutes, i skipped "grow" nutes entirely on both (no veg phase plus your soil has enough) and just used bloom once i started, low dose naturally. i used biobizz bloom or earth juice bloom 1/4 strength in week 4. i found some plants wanted 1/2 strength in week 5-6 some didnt etc

yodaone902
13-04-11, 07:58 PM
what was your yeild like?
did you not have any problems with over nutritioning the plants?

Rizal
13-04-11, 08:54 PM
I got about 3.5oz of 7 females dry. Probably 3oz if i took more sugar leaf out. So 1/2oz per plant basically mate.

Had no problem with the nutes, if anything i could have given them more but it was my first grow and I had constantly been told it is better to underfeed than overfeed etc...

If you get to end of week 3 and its the same soil you started with you can start feeding 1/4 strength bloom in week 4. If you get to end of week 3 and have only been in a new bigger pot 1 week (with its fresh nutritious soil) you might want to give it some time.

Personally if i grew autos again i would just whack them straight into big pots so that after 3-weeks when they had a good fil of Nitrogen and the soil was less nutritious, i could start feeding bloom nutes without the bit of N in that causing any problems. You want to see the start of
the flowering activity for a few weeks before the bloom nutes anyway.

All this said, the best thing you can do is post pictures so people can shout at you what to do if you aren't sure man.

Peace :)