PDA

View Full Version : Planning a Scrog,advice needed.

big syko 75
18-04-11, 06:26 PM
Right then i've been thinking of trying out this scrogging lark after seeing a few top scrogging diaries on here the last few months,anyway i have a 2 foot wide 4 foot long scrogging net that i've fitted inside my growroom which is 1.2 meter x 1.2 meter x 2 meter high,9 inches away from my scrog net i have set the light,i plan on sticking 8 plants underneath this screen but wondered if that could be too many for the size screen i have,all 8 of my clones are in 10 litre buckets of soil and are around the same age but there different in height,they are between 11 + 15 inches below my 400w hps,i was planning on growing them through the screen and pulling them back through as you do in scrogging but that could take ages and i don't wanna veg them too long incase i don't have enough squares in the screen so basically what i wanna no is can i scrog using this many plants under a 2ft wide 4ft long screen or should i cut down the number of plants i wanna scrog?

Cheers.

big syko 75
19-04-11, 08:46 PM
Okay then thanks for the tips.

lambert29
19-04-11, 09:22 PM
Im no expert when it comes to scrogs but i have been warmed to the idea myself mate and done a bit of research lately as i am getting a scrog set up ready for after the summer. 2.91ft x 2.75ft is a guide to the size of the screen for a 400 w hps......... From what i have read on the amount of plants for a scrog, it depends on how long you want to veg for. Say you have you want to fill the screen up 70% before you flip 12/12. with 2 plants Its going to take twice as long to fill the screen up 70% than it would 4 plants. It would be hard getting 8 plants under a screen that size, but if you did i would imagine you would fill the screen quickly for a quick harvest. Although i see i scrog as a way of getting more yield for less plants. But i dont see why you couldnt go over board with plants and flip 12/12 quickly and get a quick harvest.

big syko 75
20-04-11, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the reply Lambert29 yeah i've been doing a little reading up on scrogging myself as its a method i've always wanted to try,i think i'm gonna do what you say and get the screen filled up as much as i can and then flip the lights n see how it goes,i'm not wanting to veg for too long just long enough to fill the squares at around 70% like you say,i have 2 rows of 4 plants and i have 6 or 7 plants already coming through the screen but still have plenty of squares to fill,you think i should have the taller plants at the back and have the smaller ones at the front or the smaller ones at the back and the bigger ones at the front?,i'll get a pic done later to show you my idea,i might get a couple more replys then:(

Road_Runner
24-04-11, 07:48 PM
I decided to do a SCrOG for my first time so I could try Hydro and reduce my plant numbers from 8-10 to 2

I started off with 2 bubblers, but I've got a 1.2 x 2.4

I had to veg them for around 8 weeks from seed before they filled the screen so next time I'm going to go for a 6 pot system instead

I reckon with 6 rather than 2, and by using rooted clones, I can cut the veg time to 2-4 weeks

More plants will mean more speed, and with the yield increase, the extra veg time means you can run less plants - it all depends what your priorities are really?

Sativa Steve
24-04-11, 08:54 PM
Search "Cockroach Scrog"

Cocks got a great guide on here he pikeyd from another site, it's just what you're after I believe.