PDA

View Full Version : Gas man advice needed

Zootz
19-04-11, 11:31 AM
Hi all I've got the gas man coming round to do a landlord gas safety check on my rented house on Thursday now my predicament is I have 2 flowering plants in a tent in my bedroom. But there's no gas upstairs, just electric heaters, boiler, shower. The only gas stuff is the job and the main incoming supply next to the front door. Smell isn't a problem as I've got a filter but shall I move my plants? The only place I can reAly move them is the attic or shall i just risk it and try to keep him down stairs?

Thanks

Zootz

cannamancan
19-04-11, 11:37 AM
A gas check is the central heating mate not the gas meter so to be on the safe side I'd get them moved!

Ps I've just printed some clothes off for some1 called zoots lol.

Master Poet
19-04-11, 11:38 AM
If there is no gas upstairs then he should have no valid reason for going there.

stoneroz
19-04-11, 11:42 AM
sometimes they check the boiler dude!!! play it safe and move 'em, peace o mind n all that

Strider
19-04-11, 11:45 AM
If its a small tent i'd likely just chuck a blanket and some crap over it an say its a wardrobe if asked :P

wert
19-04-11, 11:51 AM
if there is nothing in your bedroom to check he should not really need to go in there.
get a female round and tell her to take her clothes off and lay on the bed..............he can't go in,end of.

M_C
19-04-11, 11:59 AM
If it's just a gas check then no worries as it will just be the central heating boiler & any gas appliances... if it is a central heating check then access to the boiler & all radiators could be required.

roareruk
19-04-11, 12:05 PM
if its a gas saftey check he will check everything with a supply of gas too it ..... if its a meter saftey check he will check the meter if he finds a leak he will check everything that is supplied from the meter

skunkybaz
19-04-11, 12:17 PM
As its a rented house I would move the plants. My landlord uses his sons company to do all the gas/electric work, my point being you never know who the gas man is or how well he knows your landlord.

Sativa Steve
19-04-11, 12:20 PM
What he said ^^

Better to be safe than sorry mate.

Zootz
19-04-11, 03:55 PM
Thanks all, I think il have to get the ladders out and move everything to the attic to be on the safe side

sharky008
19-04-11, 06:04 PM
Haha be careful with that fella, they checked my loft last year as the cold water tanks were up there.

Turned round to see a massive tent and a bit of a stench