PDA

View Full Version : a change in my stoned preferences....

gardaee
25-04-11, 12:30 PM
something strange has been happening for the past few weeks, when i get high, i dont seem to enjoy listening to music anymore.i smoke a joint, put one of my favourite tunes... but then decide to turn it off. and enjoy the silence instead.its not like i dont enjoy my buzz....i just feel its much more amplified in the quiet. the thing is i remember when i first started, i would put on a pink floyd or led zeppelin album and air-guitar the night away.i really miss that, and cant seem to reach that level of euphoria no matter how much i smoke(i smoked 5 spliffs trying to enjoy kyuss last night, 2 years ago i wouldve been their in one). similarly, i also remember when i first started, i loved being around greenery, you know flowers, trees, tall grass and all that. now i like to shut myself up in a room, turn off the lights and just lie there for a couple of hours(during this time i think... A LOT but once its worn off i forget what i was thinking about :P)
i dunno i think maybe i've increased my tolerence over the years. and i dont really like it...i try taking breaks to lower my tolerence and i do get really really high when i start smoking it again but i can never really go back to the same level i was in those first few months of trying hash.
anybody go through anything similar?

Goodbuddy
25-04-11, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you need to send all your weed to me and I will listen to flloyd/zep in enjoyment by proxy :)

peace:p

TheGreenMachine
25-04-11, 01:00 PM
something strange has been happening for the past few weeks, when i get high, i dont seem to enjoy listening to music anymore.i smoke a joint, put one of my favourite tunes... but then decide to turn it off. and enjoy the silence instead.its not like i dont enjoy my buzz....i just feel its much more amplified in the quiet. the thing is i remember when i first started, i would put on a pink floyd or led zeppelin album and air-guitar the night away.i really miss that, and cant seem to reach that level of euphoria no matter how much i smoke(i smoked 5 spliffs trying to enjoy kyuss last night, 2 years ago i wouldve been their in one). similarly, i also remember when i first started, i loved being around greenery, you know flowers, trees, tall grass and all that. now i like to shut myself up in a room, turn off the lights and just lie there for a couple of hours(during this time i think... A LOT but once its worn off i forget what i was thinking about :P)
i dunno i think maybe i've increased my tolerence over the years. and i dont really like it...i try taking breaks to lower my tolerence and i do get really really high when i start smoking it again but i can never really go back to the same level i was in those first few months of trying hash.
anybody go through anything similar?

Got much on your mind?
Might be your subconcience working away in the background mate.

Maybe your brain just wants a break, some time to reflect or maybe it is tollerance related.
Could try a different strain, something more relaxing and sedative?

I quite often switch between moods. One day I'll play loud hard music, the next I prefer sitting in the garden, reflecting on things going on in my life.

The only way you will know what has caused the change is to follow the path and explore how you feel and try to work out why.

:bong:

gardaee
25-04-11, 01:32 PM
Could try a different strain, something more relaxing and sedative?
here in pakistan you only get one strain, you dont even get weed you just get hash, though i'v been told the blueberry marijuana strain is perfect that the high i'm trying to acheive. i havent smoked sativa once in the 3 years since iv been getting stoned.... just indica and more indica and more indica.perhaps i'm bored :(

Rizal
25-04-11, 01:37 PM
I would suggest you just stop toking for a week or two, start being able to enjoy the music sober again, not just stopping until the high is intense again. I would describe what is happening as an increase in tolerence but mainly a decrease in "novelty". There comes a point where you aren't getting a new feeling anymore, you lose the reference point for your high Vs your normal thought patterns.

I don't have any deep scientific knowledge beyond tolerance, but in the same way as tolerance builds up, I think that for some people, neuronal pathways in the brain get formed and accomodate the high, what starts out as an expereince of new perceptions etc gets hardwired into the brain and are simply accesseed when you smoke and no longer built. Hence the decline in novelty of experience. In this sense tolerance becomes "hardwired".

On the other hand I would strongly agree with Green Machine, time to reflect maybe. Life constantly changes, as does your perception of life.

Just my stonors worth

Chilled
25-04-11, 01:50 PM
Its just tolerence mate. I always try and take breaks to reduce the tolerence and you get much higher this way!!

I have been smoking everyday for a couple of months now due to an extremely stressful time I had but now its over Im going to cut back and hopefully just smoke at the weekend. This way you get much higher and off less and I will be more alert in the week!

prime
25-04-11, 03:42 PM
i know what you mean mate. my tolerance has certainly become far higher than i was used to, before i started growing my own. i used to be the same as you, get stoned listed to music, but now i seem to smoke that much i fall asleep whilst listnening instead of appreciating the music. im gonna have a couple of weeks off i think. ive got a gig im going to on the 7th so i think ill lay off til then.
good luck with it

gardaee
26-04-11, 07:11 AM
thanks people.im thinking i'll take a break from cannabis.... when my current stash runs out. :D

youtube mp3 converter (http://www.youtubetomp3.name/ ), limewire (http://www.musicfrost.com/ )

gardaee
26-04-11, 07:13 AM
thanks people.im thinking i'll take a break from cannabis.... when my current stash runs out. :D