PDA

View Full Version : forced open seed!!!

JYP7
02-05-11, 08:53 PM
i forced open my seed 2 days ago as it hadn't popped out of seed pod,the 4 leaves that came out are looking a bit dodgy the larger leafs are only 1cm but the tips are yellow?
i think it is damaged but it seems to be growing ,will the first leafs that are yellow tipped hinder the growth later on??

cannamancan
02-05-11, 09:25 PM
Put some pics up matey , if in future u have hard seeds then give them a little rub CAREFULLY with the side of a matchbox or glue a load of sandpaper to the inside of a matchbox and put the seed in and shake it about so it skiffs the side of the seed .

iice
02-05-11, 10:39 PM
good tip thanks

Neph
03-05-11, 06:04 AM
My guess is yes. Seedlings are always fragile, if you've damaged the cotyledon's chances are the plant with be a slow stater. Something similar happened to all three of my Purple Satin seeds. Two weeks later only one of the three has survived and even then it's throwing stress leaves.

Given time to recuperate the plant should be fine though.

Idontgrow
03-05-11, 08:28 AM
You performed a cesarean section on a seed.

TheGreenMachine
03-05-11, 12:19 PM
Funny that cos I did the same thing this morning with my four Misty seeds.
I did mine quite by accident.. I put them in a plastic tub with tissue a couple of days ago and they still haven't germed.
I'm waiting on these before I can put the rest of my girls into flower.
I lost a couple of cuttings which has left me short so an emergency seed germination was needed.

I gave one of the seeds a gentle squeeze along the seam this morning and heard a slight crack.
This prompted me to think "feck it" I'll do the rest, it might hurry them up."

Now I'm regretting it lol

ljw2792
08-11-11, 02:48 AM
i done the same thing, never survived lol. Just gotta be pacient i guess, it can take up to 5 days or longer in some cases

wert
08-11-11, 09:40 AM
i forced open my seed 2 days ago as it hadn't popped out of seed pod,the 4 leaves that came out are looking a bit dodgy the larger leafs are only 1cm but the tips are yellow?
i think it is damaged but it seems to be growing ,will the first leafs that are yellow tipped hinder the growth later on??

a pic will help a lot.
what soil ?
have you fed or added anything ?

jpw
02-12-11, 09:10 AM
my seed grew too be a fine plant by the way

Indica Daze
02-12-11, 09:12 AM
Congrats mate