PDA

View Full Version : Fleabay purchases

TheGreenMachine
03-05-11, 11:03 AM
Was on fleabay last night obtaining more stuff to improve my room.
Upgrading ones room is actually quite adictive on its own lol

Anyway, last night I managed to get a 420 l/ph air pump, 3 meters of air line, a 24" air curtain and a couple of non-return check valves all for around £25.
Up until now, I've been storing my water in a 50 litre kitchen bin and often, it will sit for 48 hours +/- before I use it and I figure I'm losing a lot of oxygen by doing this.

Hopefully, now these consecuitive bank holidays are out of the way, it all should be here by the end of the week :D

I'm now on the look out for a cheap fully immersible water pump.
This will be used to deliver nutes to my planned Aero / NFT combo home build.
I read that somewhere that a NFT pump should be delivering about 1 - 2 litres per minute.

TheGreenMachine
06-05-11, 02:35 PM
Just installed my Air Pump and Air Curtain.
Neglected to realise the damn curtain would float, so I've had to weight it down with a bit of heavy rubber tied to it.
I havea bubble column with a circumfrence of about 1/3 of the diameter of my res bin now.
All the water is nicely circulating with micro bubbles.

Well pleased and I bet my plants will be happier not being fed and watered with technically oxygen deprived water.

The pump isn't as loud as I thought it would be.
I can just about hear it's little diaphram motor ticking away above the sound of my fan.

I also think that this may cut down the stand time needed to evaporate of all the chlorine int the tap water; though enough stand time to allow the res to get to room temp will still be needed so as not to shock the roots with cold water.

teutonic
06-05-11, 03:15 PM
dont suppose you could knock up a pic or diagram?

TheGreenMachine
06-05-11, 10:25 PM
There you go matey.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/903/AirPumpSetUp1.png (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/74675/title/airpumpsetup1/cat/903)

It should state it in the pump instructions but if not, be sure to mount your air pump above the water level of the tank or bin.

teutonic
07-05-11, 09:58 AM
ahh nice one thanks. Thats saved for if / when i ever go hydro :)