PDA

View Full Version : scrog cfl??

cookiewise
04-05-11, 04:43 PM
hi all was thinking of getting a scrog setup on the go and was just woundering how it would fair out if i only used cfl? basically what im looking to find out would it be worth my while using cfls or would i need a hps for bigger yeilds? also thinking of growing in soil aside from a hydro any help greatly appriciated
thanks in advance :bong:

cookiewise
05-05-11, 07:22 PM
anyone?????

Notorious WD
05-05-11, 07:45 PM
1)would it be worth my while using cfls or would i need a hps for bigger yeilds? 2)also thinking of growing in soil aside from a hydro any help greatly appriciated
thanks in advance

1, hps will 100% definately outperform the same wattage cfl, the benefits of cfls are the fact they run cooler and are cheaper to initially set up. ideal usage of a cfl is for vegging or a stealth crow/small grow.

2. you could run an hydro system side by side against a soil grow, soil is much simpler but hydro whilst being more hassle will yield more.

Notorious WD
05-05-11, 08:51 PM
use the search button and check out cfl diaries, best scrog diaries on here belong flip and adambomb whom both use hps lights so i would follow there lead and read their diaries until you feel clued up enough to do one yourself. hope this advice helps...

bodge
05-05-11, 09:03 PM
doing my 1st scrog grow under CFL's at the minute...

thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?43176-AK47-amp-MI5-Auto-1st-Scrog-Grow

cookiewise
06-05-11, 02:08 PM
yeh seen some of adambombs grows its what inspired me to grow with a scrog couldnt believe it! cheers for the advice!