PDA

View Full Version : blue spec + AFlowering

gbcheeky
07-05-11, 06:01 PM
i have a veg cab witha 250w blue spec cfl...

havent done any autos in a while.. always grown them under hps from seedling..

how will they do under just blue spec lighting??
anyone have any pics of the end result??

Cheers..

relto
07-05-11, 06:10 PM
autos can be grown in any light spectrum...(well thats what it said on the packet ?)

up2nogood
07-05-11, 06:12 PM
any spec is ok but red is better as it more or less goes into flower straight away..

guvnor2175
07-05-11, 06:30 PM
blue to start. when it starts to flower, switch to red.

gbcheeky
07-05-11, 06:37 PM
ah ok ill probs just try it with just one AF seed then..

i know that it should be blue to start and then red spec after about a week or so... :)
but was wondering what the end result would be of a auto grown with ONLY 1 blue spec 250w..

gbcheeky
07-05-11, 06:38 PM
any spec is ok but red is better as it more or less goes into flower straight away..
kool ill give it a shot under the blue spec bulb from start 2 finish.. just to see the difference in growth from my past AF experiences..

up2nogood
07-05-11, 06:43 PM
you would get better results with a red one rather then a blue one mate but its worth a go..good luck..

gbcheeky
07-05-11, 06:53 PM
yeh :( cant take over any more space in my house.. although another cab just for autos... hmm.
na best not even think about asking my other half that! hehe..

i started off with a cabnet that could bairly fit 1 250w cfl and 2 pots ..

now i got a 1.2x1.2x1.8 flowering tent.. a built in cupboard for a veg cab
and a clone cabnet beside my bed..

best not take the piss..:)

popefull27
07-05-11, 07:58 PM
well if your using metal halide lights then you will problably get a more potent overall product, with tighter node, while with red a higher yeild.Metal halide puts out more (uvb?) cant remember if its uvb or uva, that hps pretty much doesnt.This is more stressful to the plant in a way so it puts out more thc and resin in order to reflect the uv rays and protect its buds, but metal halide light may seem brighter to us, it actually isnt used as much as hps sodium in the red spectrum. So in short blue should be more potent, while red should have a higher yeild. Best case however though would be to have a mix of the two, when I flower every third week I switch out the hps bulb with the metal halide for a week, and back to red for 3 weeks

gbcheeky
07-05-11, 08:49 PM
nah mate its going to be a 250w blue spec cfl... do u think its worth it??

Mr_Bimble
08-05-11, 11:33 AM
It'll work fine - just dont try and put too many plants under it.

gbcheeky
08-05-11, 11:37 AM
im going to try vegging 5 or so plants under it.. so might leave the auto idea for now i suppose...
may be able to add a few extra small cfls..