PDA

View Full Version : Just whipped up some cannabutter... Hopefully "mind-warp" strength!

TheGreenMachine
07-05-11, 09:39 PM
Just made some cannabutter for the first time.
Well I say first time, I did some a few weeks ago but it was too weak and didn't really do much when I ate the flap-jacks I made from half of it.

So I took what I had left of the cannabutter from the previous run and infused two rather big handfuls of trim and air-bud into it.
I powedered it all up pretty well and chucked in the stems as well for good measure.

I let this lot simmer gently for over an hour while constantly moving the liquid around using a wooden spoon so as to distribute the heat evenly.
Just got through doing it and washing up the pots and it's now in the fridge settling down.

Wish I'd have done this yesterday because I could have been eating Canna-Cookies by now. As it is, I won't be able to test it out until next Friday at the earliest now.
Too many other responsibilities await from now until then :(

From what I've heard, if these are as potent as I think they're gonna be, I'd better make 2 days free.....

Bummer.... :(

up2nogood
07-05-11, 09:52 PM
enjoy it mate..

bobmarleysdad
07-05-11, 09:53 PM
send the recipe our way delia

TheGreenMachine
07-05-11, 10:24 PM
send the recipe our way delia

Delia. lol...

It's quite easy mate.

You just need a good few grames of trim, popcorn bud or regular bud if you can spare it.
Then you need a block of salted or unsalted butter (depending on it's intended use).

Take the butter and melt it in the pan with 1 - 2 cups of water.
When the butter has melted into the water, dump in the weed and simmer on lowest setting for at least an hour I would say, stiring as regular as you can, topping up with small ammounts of water only when and if necessary.
When it's done, let it stand for 15 - 20 mins to cool a little before straining through a seive or mesh into a dish or tub to remove any plant matter.

You should squeeze out any fluid from the plant matter into the tub of liquid too.

Once you have seperated all the plant matter from the liquid, it's just a matter of putting the tub with the liquid in the fridge and leaving it to seperate over night.
The next day, you will have a layer of butter floating on top of a layer of remaining water.

Carefully drain the water off and keep the butter that's on the surface.
The remaining butter melts far easier than butter would normally so it's best to keep it stored in the freezer in usuable portions.
Use in any recipe requiring butter.

Take warning though, this can taste quite, well, planty so you'll need strong flavours in your recipe if you don't like the taste.
Sweet oaty flap jacks sort of disguised the taste of my last batch but I fear this lot I've just knocked up is not only going to be strong as in potent, but also strong in taste too.
Hopefully these chocolate cookie mixes I've bought will help to mask it.

bobmarleysdad
07-05-11, 11:15 PM
alright nice1 for that i'll give it a try

TheGreenMachine
08-05-11, 11:25 AM
alright nice1 for that i'll give it a try

No worries mate.

I was cooking flap-jacks at half past midnight las night hehehehe
Didn't think I'd resist the temptation for long.

This batch is not as green tasting either :D

TheGreenMachine
08-05-11, 12:45 PM
Quick update...

Had a flap jack bout an hour or so ago and I'm feeling preeeetyyy sweeet about now.
For the first time in many months, I've actually got the stonef giggles :smokie:

My butter must be good cos I only used 1/4 - 1/2 cup of oats, a tablespoon of golden syrup and one generous teaspoon of my cannabutter.

Now my mind is now being bombarded with gentles waves of stonedness... :stoned-smilie:

Swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeet!

Can't wait til next weekend when I can really add a extra generous amount!

TheGreenMachine
12-05-11, 09:06 PM
No super mind warp cookie for me this weekend either... Grrrrrrr
Looks like I'm not going to see this 'super' cookie for a few weeks yet.

So, tonight I decided to have an experiment with a more moderate dose of my lethal butter.

Tonights recipe consisted of:

Around 1/3 Cup or Mug of plain flour
Around 1/3 Cup or Mug of oats (plain old porridge variety)
Two Good Table spoons of sugar (any - your own preference)
Two good table spoons of regular crunchy peanut butter
Two table spoons of regular butter or marge
One - Two tablespoons of your own cannabutter. The quantity depends on the strength of your own cannabutter.
Optional 1/2 tea spoon of baking powder

This will make enough mixture for around four good size biscuits.

I basically melted the cannabutter, regular butter and peanut butter together on a low heat in a pan.
I then mixed all the rest dry ingredients together and added them to the melted butter mixture.
I mixed this round until I had a kind of rue? or very thick pastry dough if you like.

Next, I greased a baking tray and pressed out the dough mixture onto the tray untill it was a nice even 1 - 1.5cm thick. Then baked it on the top shelf of an oven on gas mark 4 - 5 (adjusting as required until golden brown and cooked evenly).

Now here's an interesting thing I've discovered doing all this canna cooking and it's that moist foods seem to reveal the cannabis flavour more than dryer biscuity foods do.
For example, I made a flap jack and tried it while it was still warm and moist and it was vile. After leaving it to cool and harden off a little, I couldn't taste anything but the flap jack ingredients. I noticed the same thing again when I made the recipe again with the same amount of cannabutter but this time the final product was a little more moist and I could taste the canna.

Just an observation to bare in mind for those who don't like the taste but enjoy the result as I do. :D

Incidentally, the biscuit things I made tonight are working wonderfully.
Gotta say, I prefer the hit from a cookie than a spliff just lately.... Mmmmmm