PDA

View Full Version : Draft letter to Radio 2, comments please

katy
12-05-11, 10:05 PM
wrote this this evening but got a little (relaxed) whilst doing it so will proof read it in the morning before i send it.

Comments/suggestions are invited
Dear Sir/ Madam,

As an avid listener to Radio 2, I would dearly like to suggest a topic for discussion on the Jeremy Vine show that is close to my own heart, and of many people I know, the prohibition of cannabis.
Many people would benefit from medicinal cannabis being de-criminalised in this country, many are suffering terrible symptoms to diseases such as MS, Aids, Cancer and countless others that cannabis is proven safe and effective in combating.
In some States in the USA, and also in many other countries, the use of cannabis is regulated and prescribed by doctors and health professionals, unfortunately, in this country as of yet, the only way to attain cannabis is to either come into contact with drug dealers, who are often involved in other substances and various other illegal activities such as people trafficking, or to grow it themselves, risking a custodial sentence and loss of job or career.
Cannabis has been used for well over 10,000 years, doubts about its safety have been peddled by self-serving and greedy individuals and organisations since the early sixties, but now, these lies and misinformation is breaking down, soon, cannabis will be legalised.
A new political party has recently been formed to campaign against the unjust and cruel laws of this country. Please visit http://clear-uk.org for any further research; I am sure you will be surprised at how many conditions it can help treat, without side effects, and for practically no cost, to the individual and to the state. I am a member of CLEAR, and also other online forums connected with this and I can assure you of a very lively debate.
Will you help us to help the thousands of people, myself included, who are forced into criminal acts to obtain the product of a natural, harmless plant that grows naturally in almost every continent on the planet in order to ease our condition, please?

Yours sincerely

Diply
12-05-11, 10:53 PM
Reads well, let us know their response.

diply picklebum

gbcheeky
12-05-11, 10:58 PM
it does read well.. nice letter..
hope they can open there eyes to the world around them!

GREEN DRAGON
12-05-11, 11:00 PM
Go for it fella its gotta be discussed as much as possible great letter:)

teutonic
12-05-11, 11:02 PM
wrote this this evening but got a little (relaxed) whilst doing it so will proof read it in the morning before i send it.

Comments/suggestions are invited

wow not only is it good, I reckon they will use it for a topic. I listen to vines show a lot, as i'm driving along the motorways. Will we be hearing you on the air soon katy ? You might want to paragraph the various points with a line space for better visual presentation before sending though ?

the_grey_area
12-05-11, 11:15 PM
good read hope it goes well

katy
13-05-11, 07:26 AM
wow not only is it good, I reckon they will use it for a topic. I listen to vines show a lot, as i'm driving along the motorways. Will we be hearing you on the air soon katy ? You might want to paragraph the various points with a line space for better visual presentation before sending though ?

in all honesty, i wouldn't like to take part in the on air disscussion, i would leave that to people more eloquent.
Its funny, the word document is more spaced out (lol) than it appears on here. I am going tpo send it now...

TC-UP
13-05-11, 07:49 AM
Before sending typo in attain instead of obtain. maybe also consider including some of the arguments raised in another thread about imature cannabis.

nice read though

TC-UP

New Age Outlaw
13-05-11, 10:47 PM
Katy, brilliant, thank you for this! Just what is needed. Any personal endorsements such as this, especially as well written as you letter, really do make a huge difference. Thank you very much!

Mr Swilly
13-05-11, 11:24 PM
yeah, very well written. you may as well ask em to play a tune as well. my choice would be hotel california by the eagles

New Age Outlaw
13-05-11, 11:26 PM
yeah, very well written. you may as well ask em to play a tune as well. my choice would be hotel california by the eagles

Good call. I call All Around My Hat by THE Span!

katy
14-05-11, 12:38 AM
Katy, brilliant, thank you for this! Just what is needed. Any personal endorsements such as this, especially as well written as you letter, really do make a huge difference. Thank you very much!

I got tired of trying to motivate people in the past !

I have been a cannabist for twenty seven years, but I eventually threw in the towel and admitted to myself that the main reason we will never win is that cannabis users are too fucking stoned or too fucking lazy to just do that little thing, right fucking NOW, not in a minute, not tommorrow, NOW.

Now with CLEAR (http://clear-uk.org/), all you have to do is donate £5, (or £1 if you are old, sick, learning or lazy) to become a member of a political party that will fight our corner,

It has the support of hundreds of thousands of people here in the UK, if only they
would only get around to it, and donate the price of a packet of fags to the cause,
then they can get back to the Xbox and doritos, and let someone else do the clever stuff,:stoned-smilie: it is an ideal opportunity, but I am sceptical, or maybe cynical

Without serious fundage, the whole thing is doomed, and it's up to every individual to do something about it.

remember, the ocean is made from drops !

NAO, you are the inspiration thats re-lit the fire under my arse, respect !

peacetoall
14-05-11, 12:52 AM
Nice post, as your thought's speak for many of us :stoned-smilie:

wizbit
14-05-11, 03:03 AM
i like jeremy vine's show and dip in and out most days. i wonder who the anti lobby will put up and against whom? i'd hate to think the antis would win a radio debate because the pro canna speaker was poor.

look forward to hearing the topic discussed on air if it makes it. good luck.

Cheddar
14-05-11, 12:54 PM
nice work :)

Dam High
17-05-11, 10:58 PM
Nice one Katy, thats an awsome letter. Its good to hear of people fighting the cause.

katy
19-05-11, 08:34 AM
still no reply..........

New Age Outlaw
19-05-11, 09:53 PM
still no reply..........

They rarely do, but that's where we just have to bang away. There's truly a media embargo on this subject. We're getting there though, some more CLEAR news coming soon once it's all ironed out. :-)

katy
19-05-11, 11:57 PM
[QUOTEthat's where we just have to bang away. QUOTE]

yuk yuk fnaarr fnaarr, where do I sign up??

I was thinking about this this evening, what about another, unrelated request on the subject?

or two, or three.....

who can step up to the mark ?

katy
25-05-11, 06:58 PM
(bump)

still no reply....

so does anyone fancy sending them an email??