PDA

View Full Version : last nights curry

teutonic
21-05-11, 09:23 AM
Why do I do it ? Every Friday night. nearly. I burn my mouth out on chiles and jalapeno's, til my eyes smart, my breath clogs up, and my nose runs.

The next morning, I am gauranteed a burning ring of fire come loo' time, making the eyes smart once more.

But I dont like missing the friday night curry

Pugz
21-05-11, 09:26 AM
I have this same problem and ive heard drinking half pint or so off milk after the meal cools your mouth and your arse the day after

alwaystoned_1
21-05-11, 09:27 AM
love a decent curry me prefer not to have them to hot though as wen its hot as fuck you cant really taste ewt and the dreaded ring sting in morning fave at moment is a nice lamb bhuna

cidlyselina
21-05-11, 09:35 AM
what a beautiful photo ! I like it

Goodbuddy
21-05-11, 09:38 AM
Classic problem for curry lovers :)

Get some chillis in your diet every day for a couple of weeks.

After a few good ring-stinging shites you'll find that, as if by magic, the burn melts away (probably the nerve endings in your sphincter being dissolved LOL)

Then you can gorge on as many tindaloo/phaal/vindaloos (delete as applicable) as you like without the morning after effect.

Try it, it works (asians don't suffer from the ring-of-fire as they eat chillis everyday pretty much) Or am I just setting you up he he he :)

peace:p

cannamancan
21-05-11, 09:39 AM
Chicken karia lamb rogan josh from one near alwaystoned_1 , nice and spicy and tasty as hell :)

cannamancan
21-05-11, 09:43 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?34604-Why-do-chillis-burn-twice&highlight=chillis+burn

teutonic
21-05-11, 09:45 AM
Classic problem for curry lovers :)

Get some chillis in your diet every day for a couple of weeks.

After a few good ring-stinging shites you'll find that, as if by magic, the burn melts away (probably the nerve endings in your sphincter being dissolved LOL)

Then you can gorge on as many tindaloo/phaal/vindaloos (delete as applicable) as you like without the morning after effect.

Try it, it works (asians don't suffer from the ring-of-fire as they eat chillis everyday pretty much) Or am I just setting you up he he he :)

hehe :D I'll be honest. At 55 I still cant cope with a phal or vindaloo, madras is my preffered level, but i like the mixed pickle starter, with that stuff with chiles n jals in.
Will consider your suggested method on toughening up

Anabolic
21-05-11, 09:49 AM
madras is my preffered level

Same here

Anything hotter and i don't enjoy it

Goodbuddy
21-05-11, 09:54 AM
Don't wanna hijack the thread but here's a quicky for you

Most Indian restaurants just aren't that. They are Pakistani restaurants (staffed by inexpensive muslim bangladeshi staff) and their food is about as far from authentic Indian as you can get (except perhaps some Northern Indian styles - Bordering pakistan)

Now how would there business be affected if at last orders someone pipes up 'who's off for a pakistani'.....

This probably sounds really racist and apologies if anyone offended, but it makes you wonder. Especially when a lot of this so called 'Indian' restaurant food is mass produced, with some cheap and nasty ingredients, by the bucket in the backyards of Bradford and Blackburn then shipped out to be fried up again later. And we wonder why we get the shits afterwards. This especially applies to take aways - some of the stuff they serve up as food I wouldn't feed to a starving ethipoan.

And I speak from experience having eaten in both Pakistan and India (and uk from east-ham to the kashmir in bradford)

cannamancan
21-05-11, 10:06 AM
True as fuck mate BUT if u go to shandar or kebabish in Blackburn (Pakistani I know) and ask for the curry of your choice ASIAN STYLE they serve it u like they eat it themselves , I know it's still from a backyard but if u want a curry then u want a curry lol me and my best mate are well known for driving round Blackburn for our Asian style karias and stuff :)
A tip aswell though is if u want good curries then always go to the ones wr u can see them cook and also the ones that Asians go to themselves .

alwaystoned_1
21-05-11, 10:08 AM
have you tried that shasliq place canna all you can eat for a tenner proper nice

TC-UP
21-05-11, 10:13 AM
Cook them yourself for a proper curry

TC-UP

cannamancan
21-05-11, 10:16 AM
I havnt mate I've seen it though

Goodbuddy
21-05-11, 10:42 AM
True as fuck mate BUT if u go to shandar or kebabish in Blackburn (Pakistani I know) and ask for the curry of your choice ASIAN STYLE they serve it u like they eat it themselves , I know it's still from a backyard but if u want a curry then u want a curry lol me and my best mate are well known for driving round Blackburn for our Asian style karias and stuff :)
A tip aswell though is if u want good curries then always go to the ones wr u can see them cook and also the ones that Asians go to themselves .

Totally agree, there's nowt wrong with Pakistani food per se, and like the Kashmir in Bradford it's full of locals, families etc,. so is always a good sign. I just wish they wouldn't try passing something their food off as something else....bit like some skanky dealers LOL.

You see a lot of 'Desi' restaurans nowadays. Desi means 'home-style, like granny used to make' but I don't think most of em would let their extended families anywhere near the shite. In Shallah.

Love a madras (or should it be a Chennai, been there done that) good balance of heat and spices, and love cooking em up myself, always end up making em too hot though LOL.

Solomon
21-05-11, 10:50 AM
Making me hungry guys!!!

Anabolic
21-05-11, 10:52 AM
Making me hungry guys!!!

Same here

I just said to the girlfriend a curry is on the cards tonight :laugh:

Goodbuddy
21-05-11, 10:59 AM
I just said to the girlfriend a curry is on the cards tonight :laugh:

She'll be expecting some hot tongue action afterwards :)

sean
21-05-11, 11:42 AM
:yeah mate:Hi all i am a chef with a michelin star !!! i employed a southern indian chef a few years ago so i asked him to train me in making traditional currys from where he was from ! they are awsome just the right balance of spice etc the heat in indian curry does not just come from the chillies it is the ginger that is the main spice as well, any way guys im stoned and going on a bit so if you want a recipie just ask ! you will never walk into a curry house again !!! respect.:barmy:

alwaystoned_1
21-05-11, 11:45 AM
:yeah mate:Hi all i am a chef with a michelin star !!! i employed a southern indian chef a few years ago so i asked him to train me in making traditional currys from where he was from ! they are awsome just the right balance of spice etc the heat in indian curry does not just come from the chillies it is the ginger that is the main spice as well, any way guys im stoned and going on a bit so if you want a recipie just ask ! you will never walk into a curry house again !!! respect.:barmy:
slam some recipes on pal like making curry's

Denzil
21-05-11, 11:46 AM
Red Ring Of Death doesn't just apply to xbox owners lmao

cannamancan
21-05-11, 12:07 PM
Yeah Michelin man share ur knowledge :)

Goodbuddy
21-05-11, 12:13 PM

Nice one fella, put up a recipe for a nice sambal sauce and some veda's :)

Forest
21-05-11, 12:20 PM
i dont know how anyone does that to them selves every friday night lol i hate hot shit like that in both types

cannamancan
21-05-11, 12:24 PM
U a chicken tikka massala man g?

Anabolic
21-05-11, 12:29 PM

Curry sauce and chips :laugh:

Forest
21-05-11, 01:45 PM

lol canna im a chicken korma type of guy if i got to have it , massala is a bit much for me lol im a soft southern farm boy and would have liver, bacon ,onions and gravy over any fucking curry !!

pokehermore
21-05-11, 06:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc&feature=player_detailpage

sean
21-05-11, 08:01 PM
Yeah Michelin man share ur knowledge :)

im going to do a journal for you all lol.

sean
21-05-11, 08:03 PM
slam some recipes on pal like making curry's

Will do in journal format lol.

Mrs Grub
21-05-11, 08:30 PM
Cook them yourself for a proper curry

TC-UP

Look out for a book by Pat Chapman.....The Curry Club Favourite Restaurant Curries. All the recipes are from curry houses and well worth a bash at home. There are a few in there that really set your arse alight...ask Grub lol

Claymorrow
23-05-11, 02:08 PM
i also love a red hot curry ........... i though it was a myth that your piss could sting but after eating a phal ... sure enough my piss was burning like hell haha

if anyone wants to make takeaway style shizz at home try

www.realcurryrecipes.co.uk i think its a 10er to join but the recipes are vast and very good