PDA

View Full Version : Flogging a dead horse?

babybud3232
23-05-11, 08:00 AM
Hi all. Here's my dilemma, i got 5 fem church seeds pre soaked all went dwn then the paper towel method nothing for 2/3 days so put them on top of a hot water bottle 3 cracked open then no action everything has stopped so i've sowed them in some damp soil & hoping for the best, anyone had any sort of result from this way of planting ? Got some dna beans on the way, Any advice most welcome

mellowed
23-05-11, 08:47 AM
Where are the pots now mate?

I had similar problems a few weeks ago and I put it down to the soil not being warm enough so I put the pots back into the cupboard with my boiler in to warm it up a bit an they started growing.

babybud3232
23-05-11, 09:01 AM
Mine are on the shelf inside my drobe so hopefully enuff heat should be there " fingers crossed "

mellowed
23-05-11, 09:25 AM
Leave them for as few days an see how they go mate.

needsmust
23-05-11, 12:09 PM
Ive had the same happen, been 5 days since cracking but nothing else. I'm hoping I'm being impatient. I keep mine on top of my under cupboard fridge, in the 1inch gap between that and the counter top, is warm ish.

How long til you accept nothings going to happen?

Goodbuddy
23-05-11, 12:40 PM
Hiya Babybud

Couple of questions to ask yourself, and be honest now!

How long did you initially soak your seeds for? It is possible that they drowned at the start. (Drowning as in not enough oxygen available which can happen if they are in there too long)
Did you PH check the water. PH as if it was too acidic/alkaline it may have put them off.
How were the seeds delivered/handled, they are delicate and sensitive to temps/crushing/bashing etc,.
How 'wet' was your damp towel and was it in the dark in a warm place - too wet and they'll drown/rot
Been smoking a lot - nicotine is poison to plants and if you were touching freshly cracked seeds could be an issue
How clean are you (not personally LOL) but was everything washed/wiped properly, inc hands.
What 'towel'' you using - Bleaches/Chemicals can leach out and poison the seedlings
Have you been disturbing them, poking, moving, squeezing them? all not good
Did you add anything to the damping water - they don't really need anything (bit of seaweed is ok in v.v.v.small doses of the seed soak) anything else probably too much for them.
This local Head Shop, are they knocking out locally produced ''dodgy' seeds, can you be sure they have been kept under ideal storage conditions, or that they are fresh seeds

Try to eliminate the above first or next time make sure you have the above in good order before starting again

peace:p

babybud3232
23-05-11, 01:28 PM
Personally i'm gonna give it 10/14 days total then i'll toss em in the dirt , i just hopethe next set of beans are better,

babybud3232
23-05-11, 01:32 PM
You got me i dare say somewhere in that list i've f'd up , just annoying that the bagseeds i have that are years old kept here there n everywhere have given me a few nice plants with no real problems when germing, as they say you live n learn

Forest
23-05-11, 01:40 PM
having similar problem with 7 seeds two pop and grow 2mm tap root and then stopped and the others havent cracked ive done nothing diff to usual warm dark place damp paper towel just unlucky i guess

babybud3232
24-05-11, 12:01 PM
having similar problem with 7 seeds two pop and grow 2mm tap root and then stopped and the others havent cracked ive done nothing diff to usual warm dark place damp paper towel just unlucky i guess

Yea i've give up on mine i've tossed em in some soil if they grow they if not oh well , i'm sure next lot will be better

Forest
24-05-11, 12:06 PM
yes .looks loike mine are going the same way i think the two that popped have gone brown and not grown at all never had this before

spot
28-06-11, 10:29 AM
The few times this has happened to me the seeds cracking open and i can see the tap root through the crack but then all growth stops then put them in soil to see if they would take has ended up in the seeds going mouldy or them rotting.

I would wait until they have at least 3-4mm of tap root before planting them but that's just me other more experienced members could tell you more info.
Good luck

Sativa Steve
28-06-11, 10:32 AM
Necro beastiality?

I like your style mate :D