PDA

View Full Version : Cool tubes

bongostu
01-06-11, 06:34 PM
Hi all,
im a new grower using a red cfl for autos, despite reading people having great success with em im a bit disappointed with potency.

After looking around the web for cool tubes i see there a bit pricey and im not to sure whether its worth the gamble as i am at the peak for heat in my cupboard and i cant afford to buy one and not use it.
So my question is does anybody know of a secondhand/used hydro shop online ?
i have checked my local gumtree, ebay and a few gardening sites but i cant find any
or does anyone on here have a old cooltube or a 250 watt hps, ballast and reflector they wanna sell.
thanks for your time
bongo :bong:

Taff
01-06-11, 09:50 PM
Cool tubes are only £40 inc. delivery. Your looking at £20 for a standard reflector. I'd bite the bullet and go for it, you won't regret it. Alternatively, you could make one. If you google it there are quite a few websites with instructions on how to do it.

But to answer your question - no, I know of no second hand retailers of grow equipment.

M_C
01-06-11, 10:17 PM
Ebay item 190538163547

Use one & resell the other.

lil rasta
03-09-11, 06:23 PM
They are worth the money save 5 degrees easy

up2nogood
03-09-11, 06:37 PM
only if you have a very good extraction..a cooltube is only as good if you have something to blow or suck out the heat

lil rasta
03-09-11, 11:42 PM
only if you have a very good extraction..a cooltube is only as good if you have something to blow or suck out the heat

The fan you use for the carbon filter is good enough not ideal but worth it