PDA

View Full Version : Can I grow indoors without any equipment?

Greensmith
21-08-08, 09:26 AM
Hi All, I've decided to try and grow a plant instead of finding dodgy people once a month to buy an ounce from. My wife uses it for Post Natal Depression and I have the odd smoke myself after a crap day (or a good one). I've bought some lowryder auto flowering dwarf seeds and was hoping I could simply put some soil and fertilzer in a pot in our bedroom which has good light and then put it in a dark cupboard at night. Will this work ? I don't have space to set up hydroponics and with kids in the house i'm nervous already and don't want any undue attention. Thanks

WTL
21-08-08, 10:25 AM
With the weather we are having at the moment dude I would say no, well they would grow but you wouldnt get much from them.

All you need is a wee bit of space a 200w envirolite (25-40quid) that cupboard you were thinking of using for the dark period should be ok, just paint the inside with matt white paint, grab a bag of soil some B&Q tom plant food a few pots and your off on your first grow dude.

Greensmith
21-08-08, 10:35 AM
Thanks WTL, can I get the envirolite from a garden centre or is it something I need to get online ?

Greensmith
21-08-08, 10:41 AM
WTL, what about planting.....how deep should I plant the germinated seed ?

dekay
21-08-08, 12:46 PM
Just under the surface quarter of an inch-ish, and make sure the white tap root is pointing downwards.

WTL
21-08-08, 12:50 PM
Yeah what Dekay said, lol.

As for the envirolite online mate unless you have a hydro shop near you. You wil want to red spec one.

Greensmith
21-08-08, 02:08 PM
Thanks Dekay & WTL, I've ordered a 200w 2700K Envirolite lamp and reflector in red spectrum, started the seeds germinating at lunch time and hope to be growing on Sunday. Thanks for all your help !!

WTL
21-08-08, 02:12 PM
Wicked mate, good luck and let us know how you get on.

Greensmith
21-08-08, 02:15 PM
Will do WTL, I'm sure i'll be back with more questions before I crop. Don't want to f@ck it up. Thanks again.

Greensmith
21-08-08, 02:22 PM
Told you i'd have some more questions......should I be putting the plant under the light from the off or wait till it has sprouted or even later..cheers !

WTL
21-08-08, 02:25 PM
As soon as it sticks it's head above soil dude put it under the light. :)

Being lowrider I think they grow best with a 18/6 light so on for 18 off for 6.:D

Greensmith
21-08-08, 02:36 PM
Top Man WTL, With your help it should be a very merry christmas this year !
Out of interest, my wife is getting a bit jumpy about me using this site and thinks the law could get IP addresses and then home addresses and so on. I'm sure it' safe but would like to appease her with a knowledgeable answer, any thoughts ?

bubbs
21-08-08, 02:47 PM
aww good luck mate with the grow i cant wait to see piccies :D

you are fine on this site mate its based in the neatherlands from what i can recall, and even if they did check the site out it would take em ages and cost a fortune to get everyone on here busted and then it would probally be cautions all round as most of us only grow enuff for personal use :D hope that eases your mind a little :D good luck :D

Greensmith
21-08-08, 03:39 PM
Thanks Bubbs !
It's only one plant at a time so I feel pretty cool about it I just want wifey to be OK too. I think there is far more risk nipping to a dealer once a month than what i'm doing and with a bit of luck and everyones help from THCtalk it should be better stuff too. Can't wait !
Thanks again !!!!