PDA

View Full Version : Could you take a quik look please.. Ducting / reducers

Simba
07-06-11, 03:47 PM
hey guys

i have 200mm acoustic ducting for my whole grow with 150mm rvk fans. I'm abit confused as to how the reducers fit to fans.. does this have to with female and male ends.. as fitting the reducer using a padded clamp to acoustic ducting is straight forward however when connect the metal reducer to the hard plastic fan what do you use to hold in place?

shud i use gaffa tape? any other recomendations...(sound is an issue so it must fit nicely)

if anyone can give me some advice...

(200mm acoustic ducting, 150mm fan +cf..200mm-150mm reducers...

Up_in_smoke
07-06-11, 03:50 PM
Jubilee clips or gaffa tape. Jubilee clips if you can though, makes removing it again easy and clean

Simba
07-06-11, 10:15 PM
Jubilee clips or gaffa tape. Jubilee clips if you can though, makes removing it again easy and clean

alright dude.

also ive got some padded clips for connecting fans to reducer aswell. will order some more normal jublee clips and also some gaffa tape to be on safe side..

TheGreenMachine
07-06-11, 10:32 PM
Just wanted to add...
Gaffa tape can be a good idea as well as the jubilee clips, just incase of an imperfect seal you can just wrap a strip round the once to stop any leaks.
I know it's being hypercritical but I value my airflow so I want as much of it going through the ducting as possible. That and it just helps contain any odors etc.

Simba
07-06-11, 10:46 PM
Just wanted to add...
Gaffa tape can be a good idea as well as the jubilee clips, just incase of an imperfect seal you can just wrap a strip round the once to stop any leaks.
I know it's being hypercritical but I value my airflow so I want as much of it going through the ducting as possible. That and it just helps contain any odors etc.

i'm in a similar situation where sound must be minimized. thats sounds like a good idea for a seal on duct. thanks for helping out guys, this is what i'll be doing for sure..

Simba
08-06-11, 10:09 AM
hey guys i just got opened up the box for my reducers only to find out that they don't even slide over or under my fan they don't fit basically. fans is 150mm and reducers are 200mm to 150mm...as my fasn are 150mm shud have i bought 150mm - 200mm the other way round..rekon it makes a difference? not sure why they dont fit..nearly cut my finger of tryin to make it work... any ideas?

Up_in_smoke
08-06-11, 11:20 AM
If they are made for 150mm, then they should fit. It will be a tight fit mind. I've almost not been able to make ducting fit before. Perserverence is key

Simba
08-06-11, 12:10 PM
..ive just been trying to figure it out. will upload some pics when i get time. just working on my room. ive been speaking to the shop owner and he says its something to do with male and female ends on pipes and that metal reducers designed for metal work are male and fans are male aswell...not sure but a female connecter is needed apparantly.. £3 of ebay.. ive ordered 2. in the mean time will get pics up to show you what i mean...

Simba
08-06-11, 12:32 PM
did some more research and apparently The 200mm end on the reducers should slot inside the acoustic ducting. Reducer is male ended and the acoustic flex should be female ended (standard ducting pipe and flex will be female) (standard fittings are male ended).

The fan would be classed as a fitting and will probably have male ends, the fan manufacturers make them this way so that they slot inside pipework or flexible ducting. The reducers probably will not link directly to the fan as they are male ended and are designed to slot inside pipework. They will require female couplings to enable connection....