PDA

View Full Version : how much time a plant can survive without light?

AcydLung
21-08-08, 09:17 PM
Last week i just start 12/12 cycle (to force preflowering) I dont have any lighting system because my house have lots of sun light so every day e put my baby in the closet for complete darkness for 12 hours... my problem is that i'm going out for the weekend (3days) and i don't know if it's better to let her stay for 3 days with no light on the closet or to let them stay at the window and loose all the progress that was made during this week

sorry my bad english... i really hope that someone could help me...

ViK
21-08-08, 11:09 PM
Go to wilkinsons or some other cheapo shop and buy yourself a 24hr timer and a few wired CFL bulbs and throw them in your cupboard. Make sure light can't leak in. You don't need to throw a massive amount of light at her like a grow room does, you just want to preserve the light pattern. Plants can take alot of abuse and neglect but you don't want to mess with the light cycles.

marijuanamat
01-09-08, 12:02 PM
You can leave them in the dark for a few days without any problems but you should be ok leaveing it out in natural sunlight as its that time of year when they flower naturally so just leave em out on the window sill if you want.