PDA

View Full Version : Lst or scrog?

Twofootlong
13-06-11, 07:59 AM
If any of you are following my short rider experiment thread you will know how small my grow cupboard is. It's a tiny 14x14x27",
I currently have 3 short riders in here which are 3 weeks old. There is a high possibility these will not autoflower as I have one outside from the same batch of seeds which is now 7 weeks old and is still not showing sex. So I will wait until day 30 and if the 3 in my cupboard havent shown sex I will flip to 12/12.
I plan to keep 1 in this grow cupboard.

So the question is, do I lst or scrog the one in my cupboard as it will get way to tall if I don't (especially if it doesnt autoflower). The lighting in here is currently 90w cfl but it will be changed to a 70w hps (I know it's small but it's for a tiny growspace).
Any help would be grate thanks.

alwaystoned_1
13-06-11, 08:05 AM
id scrog the plant in a small space like that it will be easier to handle its height

bodge
13-06-11, 08:43 AM
i agree - i would normally suggest to just use a bit of lst , but with the size of you space a mini-mini scrog might be better

Twofootlong
13-06-11, 08:51 AM
Never personly done a scrog before but my friend regulary does with great results.
Any idear roughly what height I should be putting the screen at?

bodge
13-06-11, 01:10 PM
there are a couple of excellent stickies (threads) in the general section ; i recommend them highly, they got me started in it - here's a couple of the links.....(you'll need to copy & paste them probably, i'm not sure on how to set them as links yet...)

thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?22835-Attention-scrogging-noobs!!

thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?23195-The-Sweet-Zone-Pruning-amp-Topping-Indoor-Plants-For-Larger-Yields