PDA

View Full Version : Tent holes - making them airtight...

rndusername
14-06-11, 11:44 AM
I've got quite a few tent holes in my tent (60x60x120) - I've no idea why they put so many in a tent that size.

I've pulled out all the "sleeves" to the outside, folded up, then duct-taped them to the outside of the tent.

I'm wondering if it might be better to now add duct tape on the inside, across all the holes to make them a bit more airtight ?

Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Up_in_smoke
14-06-11, 11:57 AM
Well most tents have got some form of tie to tie around them.
Duct taping them sounds fine though, they need to be relatively airtight, but a pinhole isn't gonna matter

up2nogood
14-06-11, 11:57 AM
these holes are for intake and extraction fans also for small pc fans as well..I just use their chord to tie them if not needed..

rndusername
14-06-11, 12:01 PM
Yep, aware they're for intake/extraction, but in a tent as small as mine I don't think it needs 6 holes, plus 3 square "window" holes (although these are velcro'ed shut).

I did think just about pulling the cords, but didn't think that would be airtight enough. I'll probably duct the inside of them then. Thanks guys.

That will leave me one large hole in the bottom left for intake (passive at the mo) and one towards the top right which I've got my ducting extracting out of, and one in the top, which has some power cables going through, I'll pull those cords tight ;)