PDA

View Full Version : Crystal butter???

Pugz
15-06-11, 06:18 PM
Hi all
I use a grinder for my weed and im wanting to use the crystal that is collected in the bottom to make butter.

my question is whats the best way of disolving the crystal in the butter my most commom recipe asked for 170g of butter i put 0.2g in the full amount of butter and stirred for about 10-15mins.the recipe makes about 30-35 3inch cookies and while i can feel something after 2-3 cookies i cant help thinking that i may have wasted some in my process.
Ive been looking about and it all seems to be making canna butter in blocks but i dont have the weed to do that yet
any help would be appreciated

Bobby Digital
15-06-11, 10:35 PM
depends on how much kif ya got mate, the best way imo when you got a little thc to work with is to just melt some butter in a pan and add the kif to that, heat it for a little while say 5 to 10 mins on a low heat.

then use the buttermix in a small batch of shortbread, simple to do, just butter sugar and flour. ajust the mix with the amount of butter you got.
then cook em and go from there, it seems alot of butter from such little kif, next time try making it with less butter as when i do it i tend to use alot of trim with very little butter.

hope this helps you a little man but im baked and it kinda makes sense lol

Pugz
16-06-11, 12:19 PM
depends on how much kif ya got mate, the best way imo when you got a little thc to work with is to just melt some butter in a pan and add the kif to that, heat it for a little while say 5 to 10 mins on a low heat.

then use the buttermix in a small batch of shortbread, simple to do, just butter sugar and flour. ajust the mix with the amount of butter you got.
then cook em and go from there, it seems alot of butter from such little kif, next time try making it with less butter as when i do it i tend to use alot of trim with very little butter.

hope this helps you a little man but im baked and it kinda makes sense lol

Cheers for reply ive been baking for a while but never wi weed
I just wondered if ya could loose any thc if i cooked in butter for to long and also the heat

Weedy1972
21-06-11, 03:41 PM
Cheers for reply ive been baking for a while but never wi weed
I just wondered if ya could loose any thc if i cooked in butter for to long and also the heat

THC evaporates at around 180C, as long as you stay below that you should be fine. Melting the butter separates out all the water and proteins from the fat content. The so purified butter or ghee can be stored for a very long time.
I wouldn't melt butter directly in a pan, very easy to burn the butter and get a manky taste. Melt it in boiling water instead. But to be honest, if you just want to make cookies and your kief is clean and powdery, why don't you just throw it in with the other ingredients? Making butter only makes sense when you've got the crystals still stuck to the green, i.e. trimmings and stuff.

Pugz
21-06-11, 06:07 PM
if you just want to make cookies and your kief is clean and powdery, why don't you just throw it in with the other ingredients? Making butter only makes sense when you've got the crystals still stuck to the green, i.e. trimmings and stuff.

Cheers weedy1972
I wasent sure if i could just throw it in but i will be from now on.
I was asking to make butter cause i thought it had to be dissolved in to fat so that the body could absorb thc easier.

When i melt my butter i heat the pan then put butter in and wait till melted.
when i put the kif in, i dissolved it in a spoon with a little butter but it boiled a couple of times which i rekon has fucked it