PDA

View Full Version : Fans/Ventilation Questions

Hedbloom
16-06-11, 01:59 AM
Ok guys so i will be using this tent for growing: (the 36"x36"x72")

http://www.cdgrowlight.com/Indoor-Growing-Products/Environmental-Control/Dark-Room-two

I plan on using only one 600w bulb. The question is about ventilation and what types of fans i should be using. I know i will need a carbon filter because odor will be a very big issue. I know the easy part about needing an oscillating fan inside the tent to rotate air, but what i don't understand is the intake/extraction fans i will need and what they actually do..i'm pretty sure an intake fan sucks fresh air in, while an extraction fan blows stale air out (through the carbon filter i'm assuming)...Are intake fans also referred to as "inline" fans because i was looking at an inline fan/carbon filter combo....Anyways, using only one 600w bulb in a tent this size, i think i will be able to get away with using 4 inch fans..but i could be wrong..i'm sorry for asking so many questions but i am obviously really confused .THANKS!

Conspiracy23
16-06-11, 11:18 AM
I would probably suggest a 5" with a 600w to help reduce heat. You might get away with passive intakes, or use a smaller intake fan to keep negative pressure in the tent.
An inline fan is an extraction fan, it sits in line with the airflow and ducting. RVK and Rhino (filters) are generally the best as they have strong motors for sucking through the CF, but there are differing opinions versus costs that you find on other posts

habiszti
26-06-11, 11:05 AM
generally?:)