PDA

View Full Version : small space & smells

feegs
26-08-08, 12:35 PM
awrite chaps i live at home with my mum and am considering growing in an attic space above my bedroom this leads to my first question which is- can i grow plants in an attic space which is only 33 inchs high?
my second question is- wud it be easy to hide from my mum? :laugh:

if growing in these conditions is out of the question has any one got any other ideas cos i really want to get in to growing??

cheers :joint:

LostRoss
26-08-08, 12:40 PM
If using CFL lights then you should be able to make do with that height clearance, but I doubt that you would be able to keep it hidden, only thing I could suggest is to either just convice ur mum to let you or maybe a guerilla grow?

bergkamp
26-08-08, 12:41 PM
aint being funny mate , but if its your mums house and she wouldnt let you grow then you shouldnt do it.
your best option would be a outdoor guerilla grow

feegs
26-08-08, 12:45 PM
aint being funny mate , but if its your mums house and she wouldnt let you grow then you shouldnt do it.
your best option would be a outdoor guerilla grow

i live in scotland tho man the weathers no really ideal for the old cannabis plants is it?

feegs
26-08-08, 12:47 PM
If using CFL lights then you should be able to make do with that height clearance, but I doubt that you would be able to keep it hidden, only thing I could suggest is to either just convice ur mum to let you or maybe a guerilla grow?

that wud take alot of convincing lol bt no body goes into the attic its never used and the only access is from my room what wud be the problem with hidding it noise, smell?

ViK
26-08-08, 07:14 PM
Just for your info... this site is 18+ only. But I'm sure you knew that already :)

I think that you do need to seriously consider whether you grow or not. As your mum is the owner of the property it is she who gets the wrap if you get caught, she takes legal responsibility for everything that happens under her roof you see.

Sound, smell and light leaks are all potential give aways. Remember, Mums have very keen sense of smell! Something else you gotta think about is that you've gotta carry tons of water about the place, store your indiscrete BIG FAT CANNABIS fertiliser... lots of potential hiccups to think about. Also... say you have a roof problem, or an electrical fault and needs to get in the atteck... attick? Attic! Thats what I mean.

Anyway, it's your call. It it possible? Yeah, it certainly is.

feegs
26-08-08, 07:23 PM
Just for your info... this site is 18+ only. But I'm sure you knew that already :)

I think that you do need to seriously consider whether you grow or not. As your mum is the owner of the property it is she who gets the wrap if you get caught, she takes legal responsibility for everything that happens under her roof you see.

Sound, smell and light leaks are all potential give aways. Remember, Mums have very keen sense of smell! Something else you gotta think about is that you've gotta carry tons of water about the place, store your indiscrete BIG FAT CANNABIS fertiliser... lots of potential hiccups to think about. Also... say you have a roof problem, or an electrical fault and needs to get in the atteck... attick? Attic! Thats what I mean.

Anyway, it's your call. It it possible? Yeah, it certainly is.

dinny worry mate am 18. i jst wel wnt 2 grow i spend too much muny on weed its 25 quid for 3 gram of grass where i cum from and its not even decent stuff haf the time!:mad:
and ur were sayin bout the smell does an extractor not take care of that?
and i no wat ur sayin about faults that wudnt be too good lmao :laugh:

cheers for the advice :)

ViK
26-08-08, 09:57 PM
You can grow in that hieght with CFL's and a bit of plant training.... Look up scrogs and LST for ways of keeping your plants low to the ground. The grow I'm doing is in a small space... In fact, my space is smaller than yours :) My plants are 16" ish tall including the pot so you got bags o' room!

Something you need for smell control is an air tight space... something to stop the smell leaking into the whole attic. You need a space that you can pump air out of to keep negative pressure... so that all the smelly air goes through your carbon filter (Which I recomend). Thats why people use grow tents and cupboards. You need a big plastic box or something. Americans use rubbermaids whatever the hell that is.

Read! read! read! And good luck :)

feegs
27-08-08, 05:30 PM
You can grow in that hieght with CFL's and a bit of plant training.... Look up scrogs and LST for ways of keeping your plants low to the ground. The grow I'm doing is in a small space... In fact, my space is smaller than yours :) My plants are 16" ish tall including the pot so you got bags o' room!

Something you need for smell control is an air tight space... something to stop the smell leaking into the whole attic. You need a space that you can pump air out of to keep negative pressure... so that all the smelly air goes through your carbon filter (Which I recomend). Thats why people use grow tents and cupboards. You need a big plastic box or something. Americans use rubbermaids whatever the hell that is.

Read! read! read! And good luck :)

cheers for the adive bud ive thot bout it and sum sed about outdoor growing does that meen jst planting a seed then lettin nature take its cos?