PDA

View Full Version : KMT's First Hempy

kushmindedtoker
20-06-11, 05:51 PM
This is my first try at growing in a "Hempy Bucket".Its suppost to be as simple as soil with the benefits of hydro<We will see.Imma start with a BlackBerry K. clone thats alreday rooting.Im usin Flora Series nutes.:leaf:

up2nogood
20-06-11, 05:52 PM
I started a hempy but had to stop..but gman and a few others has done good hempy grows..good luck..and can we have pics please lol

THE DUDE ABIDES
20-06-11, 05:57 PM
Hi KMT, welcome to the forum mate. It may be worth checking out G-Mans hempy grow, it was his first attempt and very successful.
All good things
TDA

kushmindedtoker
20-06-11, 09:08 PM
Im gonna be posting pics later 2day.

kushmindedtoker
21-06-11, 12:39 AM
Well now Im using using a 2.5 Gallon Bucket, 100% Perlite (might switch to 70% Perlite & 30% Vermiculite Mix).400w MH Light.Flora Series GH Nutes 1 week old BlackBerry K. Clone (rooted & Ready 2 GO!!)

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zeguae.jpghttp://i52.tinypic.com/s6ha1f.jpg:smokie:

digimidgi
21-06-11, 09:02 PM
Good luck with it... i'll be trying hempy soon:)

oldtoker
21-06-11, 10:56 PM
evening tokers , fancy having a go at these hempys myself,,,does anyone know where i can buy a 20 litre + bucket / tub / etc ,, reasonably priced .....any advice welcomed...thanks

kushmindedtoker
22-06-11, 09:47 PM
evening tokers , fancy having a go at these hempys myself,,,does anyone know where i can buy a 20 litre + bucket / tub / etc ,, reasonably priced .....any advice welcomed...thanks

I would try ebay,I always get everything there..& my second good option is your local hardware store

up2nogood
22-06-11, 09:54 PM
you got a hole about 2 inches from the bottom for run off?

Mr Swilly
22-06-11, 09:56 PM

ooh er mrs

kushmindedtoker
23-06-11, 07:22 AM

Well yeah or else it wouldnt be a hempy :)haha..and I have hydroton in the bottom for good drainage.

kushmindedtoker
23-06-11, 10:58 PM
UPDATE:Good Growth(better than soil).I have been watering daily because its just perlite,but Im not complaining,I prefer to water daily & get good growth.
http://i56.tinypic.com/6qxppl.jpg

kushmindedtoker
24-06-11, 01:32 AM
Its only been a week in hempy since roots started showing..so far so good.

Forest
25-06-11, 03:47 PM
hey kushminder nice to see another hempy grower

a couple of comments for you you will find if you add 30% vermiculite you will have to water less which is a real plus , you dont need clay in the bottom just perlite is fine but both work well
im using coco hempys now (perlite res and all the rest just coco) and i water even less, ever three days in flower which makes it much easyer for me
ive just been trying 100% clay balls it grows well but needs watering most days

the other important thing i found is when you water make sure you let a bit run through them or give them a good flush every few weeks or you will get a salts (nutes) build up and you will get a few dying leaves on the bottom of the plants and some strains can react badly to it,
so flush untill the run of is the same ec as what you put in

any think you need to know just ash and if i can help you i will bro

kushmindedtoker
25-06-11, 09:23 PM
hey kushminder nice to see another hempy grower

a couple of comments for you you will find if you add 30% vermiculite you will have to water less which is a real plus , you dont need clay in the bottom just perlite is fine but both work well
im using coco hempys now (perlite res and all the rest just coco) and i water even less, ever three days in flower which makes it much easyer for me
ive just been trying 100% clay balls it grows well but needs watering most days

the other important thing i found is when you water make sure you let a bit run through them or give them a good flush every few weeks or you will get a salts (nutes) build up and you will get a few dying leaves on the bottom of the plants and some strains can react badly to it,
so flush untill the run of is the same ec as what you put in

any think you need to know just ash and if i can help you i will bro

Thanks for the heads up,and the good info,Im gonna start another hempy along side this one.Imma use 70% perlite nd 30% vermiculite.BlueDream seed.

ulric wolfshead
29-06-11, 10:58 AM
Looking nice buddy, am looking forward to your diary and I must say Hempy is a great way to grow and its rates of growth will amaze you... best of luck with the grow

kushmindedtoker
30-06-11, 06:53 PM
Had difficulties with ph been all un-balanced,but I figured it all out.Just re-potted to see diference nd Its easier to maintain everything but will re-pot 2 bigger once I get another one.But everything seems 2 be gettin better.Now Im waterin with just water with ph of 5.8..run off iz 6.0,I thought iz was nutrient burn(still think so)so Imma switch back to nute in 4 days nd give a smaller strent feed now.http://i55.tinypic.com/lk601.jpg

Forest
12-07-11, 10:47 PM
you did right thing to flush and re nute after a day or so buble you water for 24 hours before you use it it removes the co2 and the ph becomes higher but stable you will keep having the odd ph problems untill you do so ,

also dont get all bent up checking the run off all the time it will fuck you up it goes right up high with dead salts and unused salts but it isnt a good guide on what going on in buckets dont let them go to dry it spikes the ph and ec