PDA

View Full Version : Any DNB heads???

Bitterfly
09-07-07, 11:24 PM
check out www.sweetfm1074.co.uk

its been down for awhile but its back up, i know one of the dj's through soulseek and msn, hes sound as fuck.

now theres mc's aswell,

every monday 10-12, check it out...i can get ya a shout out too if ya want,

i just had mine...propa buzzin :D

spread the word:stoned-smilie:

D
09-07-07, 11:26 PM
check out www.sweetfm1074.co.uk

its been down for awhile but its back up, i know one of the dj's through soulseek and msn, hes sound as fuck.

now theres mc's aswell,

every monday 10-12, check it out...i can get ya a shout out too if ya want,

i just had mine...propa buzzin :D

spread the word:stoned-smilie:

I like. :greet:

Bitterfly
09-07-07, 11:26 PM
I like. :greet:

nice one brotha ;)

Bitterfly
09-07-07, 11:32 PM
you can comment/chat to the djs on [email protected] if ya add it on msn too:stoned-smilie:

slim_tim
10-07-07, 12:36 AM
you can comment/chat to the djs on [email protected] if ya add it on msn too:stoned-smilie:

oh man i'm well into dnb, but i've a shitty old comp which won't allow me to watch/listen to anything, :(

what sort of tunes do they play ?

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 12:52 AM
well i asked the guy,

he says 'jumpup dub'

i never heard of it like that, but there ya go, theres alot of oldskool and oldskool inspired stuff

slim_tim
10-07-07, 01:02 AM
can't say i've heard of it tbh, i'm more into my new school nowadays :D

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 01:37 AM
oh theres loadsa new stuff its likea blend!

hes sendin me todays mix il put it on megaupload for you when its done then you can decide about it ok??

none of its really dark though, which is what i normally listen to, but it makes a pleasent change!

slim_tim
10-07-07, 01:44 AM
oh theres loadsa new stuff its likea blend!

hes sendin me todays mix il put it on megaupload for you when its done then you can decide about it ok??

none of its really dark though, which is what i normally listen to, but it makes a pleasent change!

i'm well, into me dark stuff aswell, i bought Carpe Diem the other day i fookin love it, "Whole Punch" by Usual Suspects is a tune, have you heard of it ?

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 01:46 AM
i'm well, into me dark stuff aswell, i bought Carpe Diem the other day i fookin love it, "Whole Punch" by Usual Suspects is a tune, have you heard of it ?

no but i have a few things from renegade hardware, you got decks then i take it??

i will search for that tune now though ;)

EDIT ok ddint realise they had a cd out, checkin it on juno now...sounds nice, fukin nice

slim_tim
10-07-07, 02:02 AM
no but i have a few things from renegade hardware, you got decks then i take it??

i will search for that tune now though ;)

EDIT ok ddint realise they had a cd out, checkin it on juno now...sounds nice, fukin nice

yeah its a phat album :D

i have some mint vestax cd decks but i've never tried vinal, wat bout you ?

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 02:10 AM
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1618/wordecksbl9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

i use any excuse to post that pic, what can i say, i love decks,:dj::p

ive got new carts since then though, the ortofon nightclub mk II's

slim_tim
10-07-07, 02:25 AM
you must be really into your mixing, i just dabble now and again
your setup puts mine to shame, lol heres a pic.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Slim_Tim_123/IMAG0020.jpg

nothing compared to yours but i'm still learning, you gotta start on something.

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 02:47 AM
thats it mate well i started on Virtual turntables on the pc! you couldnt use headphones but i had the spirit, thats what counts!

yeah its still a smart setup though, as long as you can control them thats what counts!!

slim_tim
10-07-07, 03:00 AM
their a peice of piss to use, i had a go with some other cd decks a few weeks ago, and they were terrible, when you want to drop in the track after cueing it up there was like a second delay which was really hard to get on top of.
but i guess once uve learned on vinyls, they all work the same, some are just better quality.

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 03:05 AM
thats it mate.

cd deck aer useful if you cant get hold of particular track but vinyl will always be my first choice ;)

lala124
10-07-07, 03:20 AM
Hate me all you want because Im saying this, but I dont really like DnB that much. It just gives me a headache. I guess its an english thing. Dumb americans like me wouldnt understand.

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 03:28 AM
Hate me all you want because Im saying this, but I dont really like DnB that much. It just gives me a headache. I guess its an english thing. Dumb americans like me wouldnt understand.

haha its alright mate everyones entitled to their opinions!!

what music do you like??

slim_tim
10-07-07, 03:47 AM

as bitterfly said everyones entitled to there opinion.

but the dnb scene is not just in the uk, its really goin down in norway and around that area, there's some great dj's from there Noisia and Teebee are just a couple.

personally i am freinds with quite a few people who aren't to keen on dnb either, but for me its my favourite genre of music by far. :D

Do you agree Bitterfly ?

D
10-07-07, 07:54 AM
i'm well, into me dark stuff aswell
Dark DnB?
If so:
Check out my Demo Track (http://files-upload.com/356715/VenomDemo.mp3.html)

Cha-Cha Chong
10-07-07, 08:27 AM
I love old skool D&B, I have WTL to thank for introducing me to it, before I met him I was into Take That ha ha ha ha!

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 01:07 PM
yeah i agree slim tim,

and chong. im most proud of you i have to say:)

Mum
10-07-07, 03:55 PM
I'm a big DnB head, but I'm feeling things have been going down hill lately with some of the jump up being put out. Still loads of great tunes coming out, and I'm loving the nu-skool ragga scene which has really started kicking off lately! :joint:

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 04:08 PM
I'm a big DnB head, but I'm feeling things have been going down hill lately with some of the jump up being put out. Still loads of great tunes coming out, and I'm loving the nu-skool ragga scene which has really started kicking off lately! :joint:

well mate im uploading last nights mix to megaupload now so you can dl the mix at your pleasure and decide whether you like it or not
:)

D
10-07-07, 04:13 PM
well mate im uploading last nights mix to megaupload now so you can dl the mix at your pleasure and decide whether you like it or not
:)

Link us :)

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 04:26 PM
Link us :)

ok mate itll take about anther 3 hours for me to uplaod though:leaf:

D
10-07-07, 04:39 PM
ok mate itll take about anther 3 hours for me to uplaod though:leaf:

Alright mate =]

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 07:31 PM
right lads n lasses heres the link

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DKQS6TNB

if ya enjoy it remember 10-12 every monday night!!

slim_tim
10-07-07, 08:20 PM
i'm downloading it now i hope it works on my old thing lol

did you get my pm ?

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 08:35 PM
yeah mate will check it out shortly ;)

D
10-07-07, 09:03 PM
This mix is fucinginsane!!

I loveit :D

Bad Muthafucka
10-07-07, 09:06 PM
Is this that tsh tsh booooo-boom-boom tsh tsh chucka tsh booo wa wa music?

Anyone care to explain it to an ignorant fool? Or shall I start a new thread...

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 09:10 PM
Is this that tsh tsh booooo-boom-boom tsh tsh chucka tsh booo wa wa music?

Anyone care to explain it to an ignorant fool? Or shall I start a new thread...

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr................ .....................

No

Bad Muthafucka
10-07-07, 09:20 PM
It's okay. I have some Ronnie Sides in the car. Not mine but I'll check this crazy stuff out and get back to you...

Bad Muthafucka
11-07-07, 09:28 PM
Shit. I really didn't mean to kill the thread. Twas my first night and I just wanted to post something somewhere.

I actually like dnb a lot but I only have a few random mix cds so i don't know who anybody is or what the current scene is doing.

I do have a question though, despite my obvious badness I have no idea as to the difference betwixt dnb and jungle, be there any at all.

Anyone care to enlighten me to that? I'll give you fifty imaginary pounds.

asci
11-07-07, 09:35 PM
not wanting to be the one to depart you with your wonga, I feel the need to stress that jungle was the parent, of our present day drum and bass scene. I used to frequent the laser drome, peckham in 91 and that my friend, was jungle music in it's infancy..

Hope this has given some insight. :D

was listening to mutant jazz earlier, very old school. You have to love the stuff..

slim_tim
11-07-07, 09:39 PM
Actually, i'm partial to a little jungle aswell, but don't listen to it as much as dnb.

BMF- Jungle sounds alot different and it features different drum patterns and break ( the famous Amen break ).

i don't know its quite hard to explain, anyone care to explain :p

Bitterfly
16-07-07, 10:21 PM
BUMP**

www.sweetfm1074.co.uk check it out!!!

:dj:

mister.e
16-07-07, 10:24 PM
downloading now mate:bong:

Bitterfly
16-07-07, 10:27 PM
nice one mate!

Bitterfly
16-07-07, 11:05 PM
yo everyone get listening!!

let us know if ya want a shout out:greet:

mister.e
18-07-07, 09:12 PM
hey man listened to the rest of your mix, pretty good man, im inspired to make one myself now, which im going to since this computer is fucked:)