PDA

View Full Version : ec meter

bongostu
26-06-11, 06:48 PM
hi all im thinking of getting a ec meter but im unsure on how it would work in soil ?
here is a link to greens of the one i want
http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/Plant-Nutrition-90/Nutrient-Management-397/BlueLab-Truncheons-823.asp

i hope i am right thinking i can link to greens ? and im sry if im wrong
anyway thanks for any help
bongo :bong:

danderman
01-07-11, 04:06 PM
I'm a little unsure of your actual question but if it's "will this show me the EC of my nutrient solution?" then the answer is yes, they are great!

mista_ak
19-07-11, 08:41 PM
bruv go on ebay and buy a ph meter pen with solution for 14.99 well worth it

Murdock
19-07-11, 08:45 PM
its not a thing i,d use for soil , only hydro, you can measure your feed with a syringe , i use my ec metre mainly to see how the plants are liking the food or if they are spitting it out but this is not a way i,ve ever worked with soil, i still do mothers in soil and i never use it for them, ph metre would be a better option and allways measure water after you,ve added feed coz most feed has buffers that will adjust it

nowater
22-07-11, 04:00 PM
Hey

We use a multi-ion meter, we can totally profile all the macros, Ca, CL, K, Na, NH4, NO3
Then form stage to stage adjust the nitrate especially and keep an eye on high Na, when using recirc and tap water.
We got it from here www.cleangrow.com

dillweed
23-07-11, 08:44 AM
According to the overgrowFAQ you can measure soil pH by slowly running water through soil until water comes out the bottom of the pot. Catch the first few drops and analyze it with a ph meter. This is supposed to give soil ph