PDA

View Full Version : Cracking news

monodick69
02-07-11, 02:49 PM
After a major heart breaking decision recently.to kill off my severly bug infested blueberry i had, they had had problems since day one. I thought i would do what the female of our species does best and opt for some retail therapy. I ordered some seeds. and at same time a little 1.2m x 1.2m tent. ready for a perfectly clean start.
I was reading on here the best method of cracking seeds. As i am a complete novice to it having never bought any before. I opted for the damp tissue in a tupperware box. Low and behold, 3 out of my 4 seeds had cracked after only 24 hours. Happy days. Just waiting for the 4th. maybe it will maybe it won't. They are white widow x big bud. does any one else have any experience with this strain? its a new one to me as is germinating from seed. give me a shout with tips for seedlings if you have any. all posts will be received with thanks .

Grub
02-07-11, 02:55 PM
I've not had any experience with the strain, so can't help there... The first tip off the top of my head is; make sure you use compost designed for seedlings mate, as regular multi-purpose compost is too strong and will burn your babies. John Innes #1 is ideal. :)

Good luck with the grow mate.

monodick69
02-07-11, 03:02 PM
i did read that aswell in someone else's posts the other night, they were wondering why their seedlings had died off. thanks for that i want to give them the best i can in their new home so will be taking that advice, cheers matey. will be doing a diary too , looking forward to a fresh start with this lot. cause was starting to think i had lost my touch lol

IBigTruck
03-07-11, 04:37 AM
Im using john innes #1 and for two of my plant's is proving ok,
but one of my plant's is displaying the effect's of nute burn and will be recieving a flushing tonight before i leave as it seem's john innes #1 was to much for this particular plant

monodick69
03-07-11, 10:00 AM
A mate of mine who is on here as well (cannamancan) has suggested i just use the normal soil we always use, Scotts light mix. he has cracked loads of different strains, and he has assured me that it will more than do the job, not too harsh on them at all. if he is reading this then on his head be it, if they don't do well. i can tell you now his vape won't be seeing any of it lol