PDA

View Full Version : Lemon Stinky & Grapefruit

Pages : [1] 2

Grape101
10-07-07, 07:05 PM
Right I thought I should get round to starting my grow diary. I have decided to grow 4 plants; 3 x Lemon Stinky & 1 x Grapefruit. I am going to be jogging them due to limited space, so it is an experimental grow really that I will develop further if it works well.

The grapefruit seed is female but the stinkies arn't. As I am not using clones, I am going to have to germinate around 7-8 stinkie seeds and jog them all in the hope I get 3 females. I am taking a chance with the grapefruit going hermie but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.

I won't be germinating until next monday as i'm going away again on thursday but I can still post a few pics of my grow box and what I'm going to use.

Equipment:
1x Mini shed from B&Q (£24.95) & white matt paint for inside
1x 125w envirolite for vegging
1x 200w envirolite for flowering
1x 100mm rvk & 100mm carbon filter
1x Argos segment timer
John Innes no1&3 with added perlite
Small and Medium pots

Here are a few pics below. There is a bit of junk in there at the moment but I will move that soon. Rather than moving the light up as the plants get taller, it is fixed and I am going to move the plants down. The shelves provided are really useful for this. I might have to use a book or 2 but thats ok.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Grow001.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Grow002.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Grow003.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Grow004.jpg

I still need to put some old tights over the hole at the front to stop light leakages but that can easily be done when ever.

Enjoy :joint:

slim_tim
10-07-07, 07:21 PM
Nice setup m8 looks like its gonna be a nice grow, ive never tried Grapefruit ( or Lemon Stinky for that matter :p ), how is the Grapefruit to smoke ?

Oh and good luck with your grow :D

Grape101
10-07-07, 07:25 PM
Nice setup m8 looks like its gonna be a nice grow, ive never tried Grapefruit ( or Lemon Stinky for that matter :p ), how is the Grapefruit to smoke ?

Oh and good luck with your grow :D

Cheers man. Grapefruit is really nice. One of my favourite strains infact. I have grown it before but had to chop it early. It is the nicest smelling weed I have ever smelt. It really lives up to it's name, especially when fresh having just been cut. The high is really uplifting and energetic. It gives a real head high. Lovely tasting too :D

slim_tim
10-07-07, 07:28 PM
Cheers man. Grapefruit is really nice. One of my favourite strains infact. I have grown it before but had to chop it early. It is the nicest smelling weed I have ever smelt. It really lives up to it's name, especially when fresh having just been cut. The high is really uplifting and energetic. It gives a real head high. Lovely tasting too :D

sounds very nice :D

Growz
10-07-07, 07:29 PM
looking nice m8 i was think of geting one of thos storage cupboards from b&q for my next grow

makes sense to lower them from the light rather than adjust the light :)

never thought of that (spazzy)

:joint:

Grape101
10-07-07, 07:32 PM
looking nice m8 i was think of geting one of thos storage cupboards from b&q for my next grow

makes sense to lower them from the light rather than adjust the light :)

never thought of that (spazzy)

Yeah you should mate they are perfect for a few little plants. I was worried about height so I got stinkie knowing they could be kept short but then I discovered jogging. Trying it with 2 types of plant to see which responds best.

Grape101
10-07-07, 10:44 PM
Hmmm just realised I have no old tights for the hole. Come to think of it I don't know why I thought I would have. Ah well I'll just buy some tomorrow :D

Bitterfly
10-07-07, 10:46 PM
nice one cute little setup you have goin on there mate ;)

Grape101
10-07-07, 10:47 PM
nice one cute little setup you have goin on there mate ;)

Cheers dude. I am pleased with it. I was most impressed with the hole I cut for the rvk though. It was perfect size. Looks a bit shit with that black tape though. I should paint over it.

lkdj2003
10-07-07, 10:48 PM
Good luck Grape mate. Nice setup you have there. :joint:

blurry-vision
10-07-07, 10:51 PM
Yeah nice work Grape looks a good little grow box...:stoned-smilie:

AyiaNapa
10-07-07, 11:31 PM
off to a good start there pal

/subscribe :)

asci
11-07-07, 08:56 AM
mate you've done a smashing job on the grow box.. :)

WTL
11-07-07, 09:01 AM
Looking good dude, like Acsi said great job with the grow box dude, hope the jogging works out well for you.

D
11-07-07, 09:42 AM
Wow, nice little setup, I'll be following this diary. :)

Grape101
11-07-07, 11:48 AM
Cheers for all the kind words guys... :D

Grape101
16-07-07, 03:17 PM
WooHoo I'm back and it's time to germinate guys. I'll post some pics up later on! :D

Blueberryog
16-07-07, 04:28 PM
cant wait man!

blue widow
16-07-07, 06:16 PM
top notch on the grow box grape, all the best with this one matey!! :)

Grape101
18-07-07, 04:12 PM
One of the lemon stinkie seeds has now sprouted guys!! It's on it's way. I'll take some photos this evening when hopefully more have sprouted.

lkdj2003
18-07-07, 10:28 PM
One of the lemon stinkie seeds has now sprouted guys!! It's on it's way. I'll take some photos this evening when hopefully more have sprouted.

Nice one mate, looking forward to the pic's. :joint:

Grape101
20-07-07, 02:19 PM
Latest update:

Sorry I haven't got any pics up yet. As I said in another post my camera charger was stolen and my phone takes shit photos. Should have some up by sunday evening.

All but 1 have sprouted. The one that didn't sprout, didn't even begin to germinate so I through the seed away and planted another. They are lookin very healthy atm even though they are only a few centremetres tall lol.

Growz
20-07-07, 04:17 PM
nice one m8 look forward to the pics

keep up the good work

slim_tim
20-07-07, 05:08 PM
Yeah man looking forward to your pics,

Thats a shitter about your camera lead, who the fuck would wanna rob that

Grape101
20-07-07, 05:11 PM
Yeah man looking forward to your pics,

Thats a shitter about your camera lead, who the fuck would wanna rob that

It was in my bag which got stolen at a festival the other day. I only camped for 1 night but the bastards came into my tent whilst I was asleep. I lost all my clothes and my new bag and the charger. Thankfully I had all my valuables on me.

slim_tim
20-07-07, 05:41 PM
Thats alrite, but still i'd hate that to happen to me,

There isn't much you can do about it at a festival tho, its just bad luck really.

lkdj2003
20-07-07, 08:56 PM
Latest update:

Sorry I haven't got any pics up yet. As I said in another post my camera charger was stolen and my phone takes shit photos. Should have some up by sunday evening.

All but 1 have sprouted. The one that didn't sprout, didn't even begin to germinate so I through the seed away and planted another. They are lookin very healthy atm even though they are only a few centremetres tall lol.

Sorry to hear about your stuff getting nicked Grape, theiving bastards. :kill:

Good news on your seedlings though. :smokie:

Riff Raff
21-07-07, 05:09 AM
Good luck with the grow mate
I like the setup, very tidy.

Looking forward to the pics

Grape101
22-07-07, 06:22 PM
Well guys here are the pics as promised. Sorry they are not very good quality but they are better than nothing. The seedlings are now 3 days old and look like this >>>>>

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Seedlings001.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Seedlings002.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Seedlings003.jpg

The rounded leaves on a few are rather curled over but I am assuming that is because they were quite dry just before taking the photos. I gave them some water so they should hopefully pick up.

Enjoy :D

Grape101
22-07-07, 07:26 PM
I'm gonna put them in their first pots tomorrow. I should have done it already really but haven't had chance. An early trip to the garden centre for me in the morning.

sweetsinner
22-07-07, 07:45 PM
awww... i just want to give them a little cuddle!!
Look forward to seeing them in their pots x x

lkdj2003
23-07-07, 02:24 AM
Alll looking lovely there mate. :smokie:

D
23-07-07, 07:02 AM
Awww they're so cute!

asci
23-07-07, 09:47 AM
lookin good mate. They always look so cute at this stage lol.

Grape101
23-07-07, 04:24 PM
Well I have potted up as I mentioned earlier and here are a few pics below as promised! :D

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Pots001.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Pots002.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Pots003.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Pots004.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/pots005.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/pots006.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/pots007.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/pots008.jpg

LAL
23-07-07, 04:32 PM
looking a lot better after the repot....

i feel for you tho mate... its hard when there that young,,, seems like an eternity b4 u get ne bud to smoke....

good luck!

Riff Raff
23-07-07, 04:52 PM
Looking good mate.

Bet it feels good to get the grow underway. :barmy::guitar::barmy:

Its gonna be interesting to see how they each respond to the jogging.

Oi be keeping an eye on this one.

Good luck mate

Grape101
23-07-07, 09:32 PM
Wow it is soo amazing to see how fast they grow! I forgot since my last grow. Already since I potted them up earlier this afternoon the leaves are bigger!

Bitterfly
24-07-07, 12:39 AM
another journey begins, i love it :D:pimped:

blurry-vision
24-07-07, 01:52 AM
Very good thus far Grape, getting them off to a nice start like it...:Nice:

blue widow
24-07-07, 08:25 AM
good to see them little babies are looking all healthy grape, all the best matey!!! :smokie:

Grape101
24-07-07, 10:48 AM
Cheers for all the kind words guys. I just checked on them and they have doubled in size since yesterday!

Grape101
25-07-07, 09:34 PM
Right, I have a few questions...

1) I have never used biobizz nutrients before and they arrived today in the post. How far into my grow can I start using biogrow?

2) As you probably already know, I am jogging these plants so I will start bending them in a week or so I guess. I have started them all off in small pots so I am going to have to bend them over the edge of the pot if that makes sense. How long will it be until a good root system has filled these pots so I can repot them into bigger one? I don't know the exact size of the pots but you should get a rough idea from some of the pictures I have uploaded previously.

EDIT: I also have some J Arthur Bowers bone meal. Will this help speed root production up?

lkdj2003
25-07-07, 11:37 PM
First off, any new soil should last your plant's 4 to 6 weeks (soil/strain depending) before needing feeding. Now i never feed my plant's in veg because it's so easy to over do it. I always repot them when they are starting to look hungry. Then after 2 weeks you can flower them off because the roots would of taken into the new soil.

If i was you i would repot them into there final pot's and veg for two/three weeks and in that time i would train (JOG) them. It's always better to do the trianing in veg and then flower once you get the plant's to where you want them.

When using bio bizz it's a good idea to use both the grow and bloom together and also grab a box of epson salts because bio bizz lacks Magnesium, so you can give it to your plant's if you need to.

I used to use oldtimers schedule and i had great results using it >>

Once in the final pots let them root out the soil ball before flowering, as a general rule of thumb once all the plants are showing roots at the drainage holes. Go to 12/12.

You should not need any feed right through these stages. Once you are on 12/12 start feeding 1 ml of both grow and bloom to a litre of water.

At about week 2 of flowering change the mix to 1 ml grow and 2 ml bloom per litre.

At week 3 [21 days] a one off feed of a heaped table spoon of epsom salts per 10 litres add to that 1 ml of grow and 2 ml of bloom.

Round the 4 week mark, the mix is 1ml gr and 2 ml bl.

Once you start to see browning of pistils change to 2 ml gr and 1 ml bl keep with that till the end.

All you really need is grow and bloom + a little epsom salts.

An added point, if you see the tissue between the veins on the lower leaves turning a lighter green at any point its likly the first signs of Mg shortage starting an addition of a little epsom salts to the next feed should keep things right. Don’t over do this or else you can lock out other nutrients.

If you need to add any extra epson salt's at anytime, i use 1 tsp to 5 ltrs of water. Be sure to melt the epson's in a little warm water first then add to your 5 ltrs.

I wouldn't use the bone meal if your going to be using bio bizz grow and bloom or you could over do something if you don't get it right.

Grape101
25-07-07, 11:43 PM
If i was you i would repot them into there final pot's and veg for two/three weeks and in that time i would train (JOG) them. It's always better to do the trianing in veg and then flower once you get the plant's to where you want them.

Do you mean repot now and veg for a further 2 weeks and train or just grow them normally until they need repotting and then train them for 2 weeks?

And thank you for the long and detailed reply dude!

lkdj2003
25-07-07, 11:52 PM
Do you mean repot now and veg for a further 2 weeks and train or just grow them normally until they need repotting and then train them for 2 weeks?

And thank you for the long and detailed reply dude!

No prob's, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

You can do but it depends on how much space you have and how big you want your plants to finish. If it was me i would let them go until they are starting to look hungry, then i would repot and then veg for the two/three weeks and in that time i would train (JOG) them. Then you can flower once the plant's are at the point you want them (around the pot's). But if you don't have alot of space and you want to keep them small, then you can repot now and veg for the two to three weeks whilst training them and then flower them off.

Grape101
25-07-07, 11:55 PM
No prob's, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

You can do but it depends on how much space you have and how big you want your plants to finish. If it was me i would let them go until they are starting to look hungry, then i would repot and then veg for the two/three weeks and in that time i would train (JOG) them. Then you can flower once the plant's are at the point you want them (around the pot's).

Yeah that sounds like a decent plan. Infact that would be good as they are in small pots that are not really ideal for jogging at the moment. Cheers man.

lkdj2003
25-07-07, 11:57 PM
Yeah that sounds like a decent plan. Infact that would be good as they are in small pots that are not really ideal for jogging at the moment. Cheers man.

I always like to use max size pot's and plant's to get the most out of what i've got if you know what i mean. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Grape101
25-07-07, 11:59 PM
I always like to use max size pot's and plant's to get the most out of what i've got if you know what i mean. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Indeed I do :D

lkdj2003
26-07-07, 12:11 AM
Indeed I do :D

Hehe, you can't go wrong that way. :joint:

Grape101
26-07-07, 11:10 AM
Once the plant has been trained around the side of the pots, i'm guessing it will be around 20 inches long or so. If I then put it into flower, how tall will all the side shoots become before they are ready to harvest? In theroy they shouldn't become as tall as the plant would if it wasn't trained as so much of the growth is horizontal, if that makes sense :confused: lol.

EDIT: Oh and btw I will do a 1 week photo update later on today! :D

Grape101
26-07-07, 01:14 PM
Well here is the pic I promised. Sorry there only 1. All the others were very out of focus. Shitty camera.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/1week.jpg

Exactly 1 week since the first seed sprouted out the jiffy pellet.

slim_tim
26-07-07, 02:05 PM
Looking good m8

there comin on nicely :D

lkdj2003
26-07-07, 11:15 PM
They are coming on a right treat mate. :smokie:

Once the plant has been trained around the side of the pots, i'm guessing it will be around 20 inches long or so. If I then put it into flower, how tall will all the side shoots become before they are ready to harvest? In theroy they shouldn't become as tall as the plant would if it wasn't trained as so much of the growth is horizontal, if that makes sense :confused: lol.

EDIT: Oh and btw I will do a 1 week photo update later on today! :D

The shoots size really depends on what strain your growing and your grow conditions really. But like you say they will be shorter than what the main plant would of been. I found when i used the Jogging method that my plant's finished up about half the height they would of if they where grown normally.

Grape101
26-07-07, 11:20 PM
They are coming on a right treat mate. :smokie:

The shoots size really depends on what strain your growing and your grow conditions really. But like you say they will be shorter than what the main plant would of been. I found when i used the Jogging method that my plant's finished up about half the height they would of if they where grown normally.

Ah cheers mate that should be perfect for my space then!

blurry-vision
26-07-07, 11:52 PM
Off to a cracking start there Grape...:joint: They just under a 200 watt blue ??

Bitterfly
27-07-07, 11:52 AM
yeah mate, good start there, wil be keeping an eye on this one:leaf:

Grape101
27-07-07, 12:27 PM
Off to a cracking start there Grape...:joint: They just under a 200 watt blue ??

No mate they are under a 125w blue atm. Quite surprising really. I didn't really have very high expectations for envirolites but they seem to be doing pretty well so far.

greengiant
27-07-07, 01:16 PM
No mate they are under a 125w blue atm. Quite surprising really. I didn't really have very high expectations for envirolites but they seem to be doing pretty well so far.

Are you upgrading to HPS on this grow, or staying with the CFL's???

Grape101
27-07-07, 01:24 PM
Are you upgrading to HPS on this grow, or staying with the CFL's???

I would really like to upgrade to my hps but i'm not going to. I have a 200w red envirolite but my grow space is REALLY small so I should be ok. This is why I am jogging the plants.

Mum
27-07-07, 04:33 PM
Looks like they're coming along nicely Grape! :mr:

blue widow
28-07-07, 09:43 AM
looking spot on so far grape mate, i find alot of you lads use enviros for this stage, are these better for seedlings than the hid??

sweetsinner
28-07-07, 01:22 PM
awww they are doing well Grape :)

Grape101
29-07-07, 02:54 PM
looking spot on so far grape mate, i find alot of you lads use enviros for this stage, are these better for seedlings than the hid??

Well tbh I wouldn't say they are better. On par probs. I am only using envirolites because of space issues. I used HID's last time and put them 3 feet above my seedlings to begin with and I had wonderful results!

Grape101
29-07-07, 10:30 PM
A question for you all. I am going to sex the plants on 12/12 for a bit before I put them into bigger pots and start training them. I am then going back to 18/6 to carry on vegging after all the males have gone.

My question is, shall I bend then over horizontally and train after I have repotted and run the risk of the stems breaking or, shall I bend them over and grow them horizontally for a while, repot and then curl them round the pot?

Grape101
29-07-07, 10:38 PM
And just another pic for you all :D

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/Plant.jpg

Bitterfly
29-07-07, 10:42 PM
a what a beautiful pic it is too!:oldman:

slim_tim
29-07-07, 10:51 PM
^agreed, its such good quality, i wish i had a good camera :o

Grape101
29-07-07, 10:55 PM
Cheers guys. It makes a change from the shitty things I have been taking on my other camera!

Bitterfly
29-07-07, 11:12 PM
^agreed, its such good quality, i wish i had a good camera :o

totally man.. my camera phone works alright in good light and close ups but its no good for group shots of my plants

sweetsinner
29-07-07, 11:21 PM
wow they are coming on Grape :)

lkdj2003
30-07-07, 02:49 AM
Looking very nice Grape, i love the dark colour. :bigjoint:

Grape101
31-07-07, 04:12 PM
there are lots of roots poking out of the bottom of some of the pots. Some of them are sticking oit about 6cm! Is this ok? Surely it can't be time to repot, they have only been in there for 8 days!

Here is one of the pots...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/abc01.jpg

And here are a few extra for te sake of it :D

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/abc02.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/abc03.jpg

greengiant
31-07-07, 04:37 PM
How long have they been in those pots mate?

I repotted mine from little pots 1 week ago and they are already out the bottom.

sweetsinner
31-07-07, 05:28 PM
8 days is that right?
They are looking so healthy Grape!

I actually may copy your set up for my mother/baby room :D

slim_tim
31-07-07, 05:39 PM
They look so healthy there m8,

nice job :D

lkdj2003
01-08-07, 01:48 AM
There coming on a right treat grape. :mr:

Bitterfly
01-08-07, 01:50 AM
Ooooooooooooooooooo beauts there mate nice one, looking so healthy there:p

Grape101
01-08-07, 01:43 PM
Thanks for all the compliments guys! :D

Grape101
01-08-07, 01:45 PM
I actually may copy your set up for my mother/baby room :D

Yeah you should sweet. It's a much nicer little setup than I expected!

Jameo
01-08-07, 04:09 PM
I just love lemon stinky, there just such nice looking plants right from day one, nice one grape :joint:

lkdj2003
01-08-07, 05:33 PM
I just love lemon stinky, there just such nice looking plants right from day one, nice one grape :joint:

I agree and at the end you get an even better supprise. :bigjoint:

Grape101
01-08-07, 09:23 PM
I am going away tomorrow until the 11th. I have someone to tend to my plants but only until the 6th when they also go away. I am worried about leaving them for such a period of time without water. This person said they will water them lots on the 6th before they go, and they will leave some water in the trays too so the roots can soak it up. Will they be ok for 5 days without a water?

Growz
01-08-07, 09:27 PM
I am going away tomorrow until the 11th. I have someone to tend to my plants but only until the 6th when they also go away. I am worried about leaving them for such a period of time without water. This person said they will water them lots on the 6th before they go, and they will leave some water in the trays too so the roots can soak it up. Will they be ok for 5 days without a water?

not to sure m8 but i left mine for 4 days without water because i couldn't get to them ( back was playing up ) and when i eventually got to them i was lucky another day and they would have shriveled up and died but i suppose it comes down to how the plant takes to low water levels in the soil

wait for LK or asci m8

Lewy :joint:

EDIT: just thought of something get some 2ltr bottles pierce a small hole in the lid and fill with water then place upside down into the soil and as the hole you just made will be small it will only drip a little water therfore auto watering your babies!

Just a thought m8

Grape101
01-08-07, 09:29 PM
not to sure m8 but i left mine for 4 days without water because i couldn't get to them ( back was playing up ) and when i eventually got to them i was lucky another day and they would have shriveled up and died

wait for LK or asci m8

Lewy :joint:

Ok cheers mate :o

slim_tim
01-08-07, 09:54 PM

I'm faced with exactly the same problem m8, :(

Think i'll probly try Lewy's method, it seems the best option :)

greengiant
02-08-07, 08:29 AM
get a big bucket of water and run some wick's (rope, or something) into all the pots. It should soak along them on its own.

asci
02-08-07, 09:56 AM
Thing is though you don't want them to recieve a constant flow as this will over water them. It really depends on the pot size and the root ball. After repotting, my plants went 6 days before needing anymore water. If at all possible repot to bigger ones so the soil will naturally hold more water for longer..

Grape101
02-08-07, 10:33 AM
They have been in their current pots for 10 days. I have used a mix of 40%perlite 60%soil roughly. Another problem I now have is that once the person who is watering them for me has gone away, someone else is coming round to feed the cats and they CAN'T know about the grow so my fan is having to go off in the day from around 8-8.

greengiant
02-08-07, 10:40 AM
Would covering the soil help???

Possibly use cling film to prevent evaporation. Wouldn't of thought it would cause too many problems for a short while.

Grape101
02-08-07, 10:42 AM
It might do I don't know. Would putting a layer of fresh new soil on top of the pots help retain the moisture? Since I potted them up the soil line has dropped so I could top it up.

Grape101
02-08-07, 11:25 AM
Any other suggestions? Sorry to be so impatient but i'm leaving soon :(

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 05:33 PM
Hope you managed to sort something out for them Grape, look forward to your return and an update

x

Grape101
11-08-07, 10:30 PM
I'm back! My plants went 5 whole days without water and showed no signs of wilting atall! They are looking rather yellow so I have given them some nutes and water so it should all be good! I will take some pics soon and show you all! It's good to be back guys :)

lkdj2003
12-08-07, 01:48 AM
Hi mate, it's great to see you back mate. :toke:

Looking forward to your update. :cowboy:

Grape101
12-08-07, 11:35 AM
Right here is an update of my plants. They haven't grown quite as quickly as I had of hope during my time away as I moved the light further away from them for safety precautions as I wasn't here.

They didn't wilt very much through the 5 days without water but they have suffered quite a bad nitrogen diffeciency so lastnight, I gave them a good soaking and their first dose of biobizz grow. I also chopped off the really yellow leaves. Here they are:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/update01.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/update02.jpg

Below you can see the remaining yellowing leaves...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/update03.jpg

Here are some of the dead leaves I chopped off...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/update04.jpg

And here is the healthiest...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/update05.jpg

Growz
12-08-07, 11:58 AM
they are looking quality m8

I wouldn't worry about the way they look they will pick up in no time probably a few hours after the good watering you gave them

keep up the good work m8

Grape101
12-08-07, 12:01 PM
they are looking quality m8

I wouldn't worry about the way they look they will pick up in no time probably a few hours after the good watering you gave them

keep up the good work m8

Cheers mate. They drank the water up in no time atall, I'm just now hoping that the biobizz prevents any more yellowing. Fingers crossed!

Bitterfly
12-08-07, 01:23 PM
tight little plants mate, lovin those beauty's.

surprised to see they exhausted all the nitrogen already tho, blimey!

slim_tim
12-08-07, 02:16 PM
Lovely plants mate, they still look proper healthy. :)

blue widow
12-08-07, 03:20 PM
nice m8, good to see they survived the 5 days ,man!! :cowboy:

lkdj2003
13-08-07, 12:21 AM
Cool, they are coming on lovely mate. They should perk up now after that feed. :toke:

:Nice:

WTL
13-08-07, 09:19 AM
Looking good there dude, nice and stocky.

Grape101
13-08-07, 11:27 AM
Cheers guys for all the lovely comments!

LK - Yes indeed they do look alot better after the feed. I'm going to give another tonight for safe measures and then leave it a little bit.

Grape101
13-08-07, 02:58 PM
Hmm well I have some more news for you all. The grapefruit has decided to grow two main colas, as if it had been topped, so jogging it should be fun lol. I don't know why it has done this, maybe just an unkucky seed but there we go.

lkdj2003
13-08-07, 03:00 PM
Cheers guys for all the lovely comments!

LK - Yes indeed they do look alot better after the feed. I'm going to give another tonight for safe measures and then leave it a little bit.

Thats great news mate. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Hmm well I have some more news for you all. The grapefruit has decided to grow two main colas, as if it had been topped, so jogging it should be fun lol. I don't know why it has done this, maybe just an unkucky seed but there we go.

Thats a brucey bonus mate, extra cola = extra bud. :dance2:

Grape101
13-08-07, 03:11 PM
Yeah here it is..

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DHG.jpg

And here is another group shot for you all. Yellowing not quite so bad now. Could still be better though.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/abcd.jpg

lkdj2003
13-08-07, 03:28 PM
Very very nice looking plant's mate. Im loving this two header... :dance2:

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DHG.jpg

The yellowing leafs won't get better but at the same time no other leafs should yellow up now after that feed. Just be carefull you don't over do the feeding. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Growz
13-08-07, 05:10 PM
They are looking spot on man

love the 2 header pic

slim_tim
13-08-07, 05:54 PM
That two header looks sexy. When a plant has two heads without being topped, usually one of the heads is small and eventually dies, but yours looks proper healthy. :D

Lovin all the others too, i can't get over how stocky they are. :p

sweetsinner
13-08-07, 07:58 PM
Oooo grapes back with an update - hurrah!

Can't believe how much they have grown grape.. looks like they didn't miss you one little bit ;)

Blueberryog
14-08-07, 02:39 AM
Im really likeing where this grow is going man. It looks great! Love the two headed dragon.

marijuanamat
14-08-07, 04:34 PM
There coming on very nice grape.

TellnoOne
14-08-07, 06:49 PM
Looking really good there Grape :)

Grape101
14-08-07, 10:40 PM
Thanks for all the encouragement guys! :) Much appreciated.

asci
15-08-07, 12:34 PM
Very healthy overal I must say, keep it up mate.. :)

Grape101
16-08-07, 11:44 AM
I have a feeling that some of my plants might be a tad pot bound :( I was going to water them yesterday but thought I would leave it until today and they felt as if the soil and root ball had been detached a little from the pot. This made me think that the root ball was very tight and compact.

Also, my grapefruit is starting to show slight signs or yellowing even though you can just see a slight nute burn on the tip which would suggest that the roots were soaking up the nutes, but arn't anymore. A few of the plants are wilting a lil bit too but I'm going to wait to see if they pick up after the water.

I wanted to wait until they showed sex until I repotted but I don't think this is going to happen for a week or 2 yet. I have a feeling that 1 might be male, the healthiest unfortunately buy ah well.

I'll post pics up later on.

Growz
16-08-07, 12:05 PM
looking farward to the pics man

Grape101
16-08-07, 02:02 PM
Right then boys and girls, here are those pics I mentioned earlier today.

Here is an example of one of the wilting plants, even after a water. I am almost certain it is not over or underwatering...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd5.jpg

Here is the healthy one...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd.jpg

Here is a yellowing one...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd2.jpg

Here is a group shot...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd3.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd4.jpg

Not looking quite so chipper anymore but I should be repotting within hopefully a week to a week and a half once they have showed sex so they will just have to stick it out for now.

Bitterfly
16-08-07, 02:08 PM
yeah mate could just be in need of a little more space, pointless stressin until you repot them;)

great little plants btw mate:Nice:

Grape101
16-08-07, 03:38 PM
I have just had another look at my plants and thought for a sec that I had my first female but it was too early too really tell. I should be able to repot them all by the begining of next week! :D

lkdj2003
16-08-07, 03:49 PM
I have just had another look at my plants and thought for a sec that I had my first female but it was too early too really tell. I should be able to repot them all by the begining of next week! :D

Damn, when i started to read your post i thought you had a girl. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Fingers crossed here for you mate. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Grape101
16-08-07, 08:06 PM
Righto, well I just lifted up one of me plants by the stem and the pot just basically fell off lol. The root ball is very compacy and certainly pot bound. I might have to do a temport repot tomorrow for a week or 2 until I have sexed them all but hey, it's better than them dying.

Ha ha just look at this...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/potbound.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/potbound2.jpg

lkdj2003
16-08-07, 11:32 PM
Looking very nice there Grape. When you repot them they should show sex real fast. :dance2:

Riff Raff
17-08-07, 01:41 AM
Great looking plants you got there grape.

They're coming on a treat mate.

Here is an example of one of the wilting plants, even after a water. I am almost certain it is not over or underwatering...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/sd5.jpg

One of my passion#1 plants is doing the wilting thing as well.

re-potted it tonight cause i'm sure it was because it was pot bound.
Probably turn out to be a male. lol

good growing mate

Grape101
20-08-07, 02:50 PM
Thought I would update you all. They are looking ok apart from a bit of yellowing...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/medium/Update05.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/medium/Update04.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/medium/Update03.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/medium/Update02.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/502/medium/Update01.jpg

Blueberryog
20-08-07, 07:00 PM
Grape those look awesome!

sweetsinner
20-08-07, 07:33 PM
Bloody hell they have grown some since I last saw them!!!!!!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/smileys/_bouncy__by_Abfc.gif

They are looking fabulous!! http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/smileys/_sherlock__revamp_by_deejaylobo.gif

Keep up the good work Grape as your obviously doing a bloody good job so far!!

Whats causing the yellowing?

Grape101
20-08-07, 08:27 PM
Cheers for the compliments guys!

Whats causing the yellowing?

Sweet, the yellowing is due to a nitrogen defficiency. I have been feeding them but it hasn't helped alot as they are slightly pot bound and finding it hard to soak up the nutes. I am going to repot once I know their sex which should be within a week or 2 :D

Diaper
20-08-07, 08:58 PM
They do look nice mate.

You're spot on about the yellowing, just re-pot them and they'll soon be looking even better;)

radioheaded
20-08-07, 10:45 PM
Nice nice nice man!
You're going to have some tasty smoke by the end of this, grapefruit is lush!

EDIT: not forgetting the lemon stinky, although I'm not as well aquainted with it!

Bitterfly
20-08-07, 11:59 PM
those are the cutest plants i've ever seen man!!:p

keep up the good work man;)

lkdj2003
21-08-07, 01:11 AM
I agree, they are lovely looking plant's mate. Lush green colour. :Nice:

Midnight Toker
21-08-07, 08:55 AM
Nice one Grape, lookin good m8.

Grape101
21-08-07, 11:39 AM
Cheers guys! :D I'm off out to buy a magnifying glass later to see if there are any signs of sex yet. One of them is just developing it's 7th node so it shouldn't be long now!!!

lkdj2003
21-08-07, 02:44 PM
Cool, good luck when you check mate. :leaf:

slim_tim
21-08-07, 03:22 PM
Nice one mate,

They're comin on a treat, lets hope for some females :D

Grape101
01-09-07, 04:16 PM
Right chaps. First off, can a plant delay showing its sex if it is pot bound? Secondly, I need help identifying sex on a few as I have to repot ASAP!!! They ahve been pot bound for a while now and the nute def is really starting to take over.

Heres a few pics

First up, a confirmed female. Just thought I would show you all. Not sure about the rest though. They should have already showed considering they are over 6 weeks old.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3755.jpg

These are the ones I don't know about...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3756.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3757.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3758.jpg

And here is a group shot...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3759.jpg

Bitterfly
01-09-07, 04:23 PM
good shit man! cant see the sex of the others tho, but males generally show before females so i reckon youll have a greater ratio of females

well i hope so anyway:leaf:

lkdj2003
01-09-07, 04:28 PM
Yes being potbound can slow them down showing sex and looking at them pic's it looks like they are not showing yet im afraid mate. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

If i was you mate i would repot them all and then they should show real fast.

Grape101
01-09-07, 06:36 PM
Well I took your advice lk and I repotted them. Here they are now :D >>>>>>

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3761.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3762.jpg

Bitterfly
01-09-07, 06:40 PM
wicked mate they're going to be lovin that fresh soil!!!:D

Grape101
01-09-07, 06:43 PM
I bloody hope so mate!

lkdj2003
01-09-07, 09:24 PM
wicked mate they're going to be lovin that fresh soil!!!:D

I agree, they will fly off now and should show sex faster now. They are looking very very nice Grape mate. :weed:

Grape101
02-09-07, 12:21 PM
Bloody hell guys. It has only been around 20 hours since the repot and already 2 others are starting to show! They look even better too now!

Midnight Toker
02-09-07, 04:13 PM
repotting sure as hell gives em a kick start doesn't it M8.

Mine are flying along since i did them & i swear their growing @ 2" a day at the moment, they've managed to suck all the goodnes out of the bigger pots in just over a week & i'm already having to feed em ... Love it !

lkdj2003
03-09-07, 03:32 PM
Bloody hell guys. It has only been around 20 hours since the repot and already 2 others are starting to show! They look even better too now!

Niceee :leaf:

They will fly now for sure. :weed:

sweetsinner
03-09-07, 07:54 PM
Looking good grape!! :D :D :D

Grape101
04-09-07, 01:28 PM
Well out of my 8 plants, I have 3 confirmed females, 2 suspected females and the rest are yet to show! :D

Midnight Toker
04-09-07, 02:16 PM
well that's not a bad start m8, & FROM MY EXPERIENCE THE LONGER THE OTHERS TAKE TO SHOW THE MORE LIKELY THEY'LL BE FEMALES ... good luyck

Excuse the caps .. cant be arsed to type that again !

lkdj2003
04-09-07, 04:22 PM
Nice one Grape mate, keep um coming i say.... :dance2:

kv1893
04-09-07, 04:30 PM
well that's not a bad start m8, & FROM MY EXPERIENCE THE LONGER THE OTHERS TAKE TO SHOW THE MORE LIKELY THEY'LL BE FEMALES ... good luyck

Excuse the caps .. cant be arsed to type that again !

yip im defo with mt here. i binned 6males before a single female showed. ended up with all the rest females apart from 2(out of 12)

Grape101
06-09-07, 08:12 PM
Well guys after the long wait I have finally sexed my plants. Guess what, they were ALL female! I couldn't believe it. Shame I only have room for 4 though. The others I sent packing. They are in a secret location ;)

Here are the 4 I have kept.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3768.jpg

Bitterfly
06-09-07, 08:23 PM
looking stunning there mate, well healthy now;)

slim_tim
06-09-07, 08:41 PM
Lookin awesome mate, not long now and they'll be loaded with buds :Nice:

sweetsinner
06-09-07, 09:08 PM
Bloody hell, i blink and they have grown loads.

Well done Grape my man!! looking good

Grape101
06-09-07, 09:11 PM
Thankyou very much bitter, tim, sweet. They have grown a fair bit. Unfortunately their shape is a little odd as I chopped a load of dead fan leaves off the bottom but they are startin too look healthy again now. I am going to start training them at the weekend.

BRING ON HARVEST TIME!!!

D
06-09-07, 09:22 PM
Beauts!

There's gonna be some Budcore porn soon!!

lkdj2003
07-09-07, 01:08 AM
What a result mate on the male/female front, niceeee :leaf:

Your plant's are looking mighty fine there too, welldone mate. :bigjoint:

Midnight Toker
07-09-07, 10:16 AM
Nice one Grape, you got your 4 ladies so all's good ...

congrats.

Riff Raff
07-09-07, 03:38 PM
Grape man, i haven't looked in here for a while mate, but your girls are looking fantastic, and lots of em as well. Shame you haven't got room for them all.

Good growing mate, top stuff.

Grape101
07-09-07, 03:58 PM
Cheers man I am very happy with the way things are turning out at the moment!

asci
08-09-07, 11:57 AM
looking nice mate.

Grape101
10-09-07, 09:13 AM
Arrrrrrgh! Have I done the right thing here? Right, here's the situation. I repotted the plants into their final pots lastnight and I began to jog them. I only had room for 3 unfortunately, not 4. I am jogging and lemon stiny and the grapefruit and I also topped the 3rd stinky quite far down as an experiment. The grapefruit has 2 heads so I'm doing a bit of creative training lol. Here are a few pics...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3773.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3772.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3771.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3770.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_3769.jpg

Enjoy:D

lkdj2003
10-09-07, 03:15 PM
Loving it mate, they are looking spot on, niceeee :weed:

Bitterfly
11-09-07, 02:34 AM
as lk says they do look spot on, im really pleased your experimenting with jogging we should have more jog diarys on here!! i think its a technique that has enormous potential!

good stuff mate:leaf:

Grape101
11-09-07, 08:18 AM
Cheers guys. I just bloody well hope it works otherwise I would have got rid of 5 females for nothing!

Growz
11-09-07, 10:16 AM
Loveing yer grow buddy

jogging, nice m8

I am going to give it a go m8 Merseybudz was saying that if you put screws round the top of the pot then all you do is get a ball of string and tie it round the plant ans secure it to the screws

its quite a good and easy way i think

sweetsinner
13-09-07, 10:24 AM
Ooooo Your girls are looking fabulous Grape, and hats off to you for jogging, looking good so far!!!!

marijuanamat
13-09-07, 11:48 AM
There comming on nicely grape.

Grape101
13-09-07, 09:24 PM
Here is a pic update of my grapefruit. Non of the stinky i'm affraid as i couldn't get to it easily.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/POTMsep.jpg

asci
13-09-07, 09:46 PM
That's a cool looking plant mate, lovin the shape..

Bitterfly
13-09-07, 09:48 PM
beautiful man a two headed JOG, honestly cant wait to see this turns out! bravo!!

lkdj2003
14-09-07, 02:05 PM
What a cracking plant, welldone mate she sure is looking very happy in her training. :weed:

marijuanamat
17-09-07, 05:00 PM
Grape if you want to get more plants in and maximise that space see if you can find a 1.5ft deep container that fits perfectly in the bottom then use it like a raised bed when you flower them,the plants will have more room for root growth and you'd proberly get 6 fem's from seed in there or alot more female clones in a sea of green.

Grape101
19-09-07, 10:58 PM
Well, I pinned one of the grapefruit heads down again today. I also changed the bulbs over yesterday so I now have a 200w red bulb. They are due for a water tomorrow so I'll update you all with pics then :D

EDIT: Oh and btw, I am now down to only 2 plants; the ones I am jogging. I thought that I would get more bud from just the 2 if they had more space than I would with the topped stinky if they were all crammed...

lkdj2003
19-09-07, 11:04 PM
Well, I pinned one of the grapefruit heads down again today. I also changed the bulbs over yesterday so I now have a 200w red bulb. They are due for a water tomorrow so I'll update you all with pics then :D

EDIT: Oh and btw, I am now down to only 2 plants; the ones I am jogging. I thought that I would get more bud from just the 2 if they had more space than I would with the topped stinky if they were all crammed...

Niceee, you watch them take off now. :barmy:

I would of thought you should get about the same if not better results too having just the two in there like you say mate. This is where some people find it hard finding a ballance between the room space and how many plant's you can put in there before you start to loose yeild rather than gain because of them shading each other out, so the plant's won't perform aswell.

I can't wait to see your grow a few weeks into flower. :dance2:

Grape101
23-09-07, 12:09 PM
Right I have a question for you all. Since I have bent my plants over, the side shoots have started to grow upwards which is the plan. Now obviously on each node, there are two shoots facing opposite to eachother. Now, the shoots that were already faceing the light when I bent them over are growing up really well, however the shoots that were facing downwards arn't doing quite so well and are crowding things a little bit.

Shall I cut all those down facing shoots off and keep the upwards facing ones the free up some space abit?

lkdj2003
23-09-07, 12:39 PM
Right I have a question for you all. Since I have bent my plants over, the side shoots have started to grow upwards which is the plan. Now obviously on each node, there are two shoots facing opposite to eachother. Now, the shoots that were already faceing the light when I bent them over are growing up really well, however the shoots that were facing downwards arn't doing quite so well and are crowding things a little bit.

Shall I cut all those down facing shoots off and keep the upwards facing ones the free up some space abit?

When i jogged Big P i used to cut off the lower shoots altogether up to about the 7th node and then i started to leave them on and vegged for two weeks and then i banged them on 12/12. So if those down facing shoots are real low down (near the base of the plant) i would trim them off, but remember it's best to veg for atleast another 2 weeks after your last trim. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

If those down facing shoots are not down low on the plant and you plan on flowering soon then i would leave them on. I hope this helps.

Grape101
23-09-07, 12:47 PM
Cheers I think this helps lol. I will examine then in a moment and see how things are looking. I also have another photo update to come in a moment.

lkdj2003
23-09-07, 12:57 PM
Cheers I think this helps lol. I will examine then in a moment and see how things are looking. I also have another photo update to come in a moment.

Here you go mate, i found some old pic's of my Big P jog >>

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/BigPjogged.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/BigPjogged1.jpg

Looking forward to your pic's. :dance2:

Markoose
23-09-07, 01:09 PM
Hahah i fancy ur set up me mate,

might wait to see how things go before splashing out on a tent!!

Hope shit goes gr8 for yeah mush!

Grape101
23-09-07, 01:42 PM
Right well I have a few new photos here...

First up, I have a photo of the grapefruit from 10 days ago and one from now:

10 days ago,
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/POTMsep.jpg

Now,
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_4553.jpg
As you can see she has beefed out alot!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_4555.jpg

Right here is the stinky which is also going mad:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_4556.jpg

And finally a group shot of them both:
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_4554.jpg

lkdj2003
23-09-07, 01:45 PM
Christ they are flying along. After looking at your pic's mate i would tend to leave all them shoots on the plant's and when you feel ready go 12/12. I really can't wait to see these in full bloom. :drool:

The reason i kept chopping my lower shoots off was to keep vegging the plant right around the pot. So once the plant's got halfway around i started to leave the shoots on.

Midnight Toker
23-09-07, 07:59 PM
yer doing a great job there Grape my son.

looking forward to seeing how these turn out for you.

it's something i've been thinking about as i always seem to have height issues .. was thinking of less plants but in wider pots, say 6 super mother fuckers, jogged until they encircle the whole pot & then go 12/12 ..

Bitterfly
23-09-07, 08:11 PM
wow grape spot on i just love this diary!:p

well done squire!

Sappo
24-09-07, 08:29 PM
What have you done there grape, you used u nails to pin down and bend the stems over? Could you explain as i am about to start my second grow just chopped one my plants today and got about just over half ounce with pretty much same setup as you.

Grape101
24-09-07, 08:37 PM
What have you done there grape, you used u nails to pin down and bend the stems over? Could you explain as i am about to start my second grow just chopped one my plants today and got about just over half ounce with pretty much same setup as you.

Hi mate.

I started out by vegging them until they showed sex and then I bent over the best looking females. By that time the stems looked fat and I was worried I would break them but I didn't, they wern't as rigid as they looked. To spike it down, i got some wire coat hangers and broke them up and bent them in half. You have to push them quite far down for them to stay, especially if your soil isn't very compact but they work really well. Then it's just a case of grow and spike grow and spike etc until you're ready to flower.

Some people, suck as lk cut the lower shoots off so as they all grow around the outside of the pot but I left most of mine on.

As I bent the plant over, I also chopped off the lower and middle fan leaves growing directly off the stem to leave room for the side shoots to start growing upwards. Now I have come to the point where the only fan leaves growing off the stem are right at the top of the plant. As the plant gets bigger, I continue to chop the fan leaves of just so as I keep the ones at the tip.

I hope this makes sense.

Grape.

Grape101
24-09-07, 08:55 PM
Typo in previous post - 'some people SUCH as lk' not some poeple suck as lk lol. Just to clear things up. Lk does not suck :D

Midnight Toker
24-09-07, 09:04 PM
Typo in previous post - 'some people SUCH as lk' not some poeple suck as lk lol. Just to clear things up. Lk does not suck :D

Yeah, well stick an orange lolly in his mouth & lets see how long he can live up to that statement ... :sign_thistopicsucks :bump: :dance2:

lkdj2003
24-09-07, 10:42 PM

Yeah, well stick an orange lolly in his mouth & lets see how long he can live up to that statement ... :sign_thistopicsucks :bump: :dance2:

Wuhaha, i only suck......womans nipples. O and spliff's and bongs. :bong::thefinger:

Grape101
24-09-07, 10:44 PM
Wuhaha, i only suck......womans nipples. O and spliff's and bongs. :bong::thefinger:

Tut tut lk are you the one who always bumsucks the end of a joint and leaves it soggy for others?

lkdj2003
24-09-07, 10:45 PM
Tut tut lk are you the one who always bumsucks the end of a joint and leaves it soggy for others?

No, i only do that on nipples. :jawdrop: :p

Grape101
24-09-07, 10:46 PM
No, i only do that on nipples. :jawdrop: :p

Good. Glad to hear it... ;)

sweetsinner
29-09-07, 09:31 PM
*laughs*

Ahem... avoiding the talk of nipples, superb growing grape x

Riff Raff
30-09-07, 01:05 AM
Looking cool there grape.

Shame you had to lose another one.
Its gonna be wicked seeing these babys fattening up. They are gonna look so nice sitting there all sticky and crystally.

Top growing mate.

Bitterfly
30-09-07, 06:41 PM
bumsucks

round here we call it 'duckarse',

just incase you wanted to know!

Grape101
03-10-07, 04:25 PM
Photo update for you all...

Grapefruit :D >>>

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4671.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4672.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4674.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4673.jpg

Lemon Stinky :D >>>

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4668.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4669.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/CopyofIMG_4670.jpg

Enjoy!

lkdj2003
03-10-07, 04:28 PM
Very nice mate, they have come on a real treat. 12/12 will be so much fun for you. :eek::dance2:

slim_tim
03-10-07, 09:19 PM
They are looking awesome mate :)

Can't wait to see em in full flower :weed:

Midnight Toker
03-10-07, 09:21 PM
Nice one Grape, they're obviously getting lots of TLC ...

beautiful looking plants M8.

:Nice:

Bitterfly
04-10-07, 01:02 AM
delightful, so so healthy,

things are heating up here!

blue widow
04-10-07, 04:33 PM
grape qaulity plants m8, they are looking very healthy, whats the point with this jogging carryon anyway lads??

Grape101
04-10-07, 05:24 PM
whats the point with this jogging carryon anyway lads??

It's because I only have 90cm of height (not including the light) so by jogging them I can get maximum bud/space ratio. :)

greengiant
04-10-07, 06:40 PM
Looking sweet Grape dude!!!!

CAn't wait to see what the bud looks like when these babies are flowering.

blue widow
05-10-07, 03:13 PM
It's because I only have 90cm of height (not including the light) so by jogging them I can get maximum bud/space ratio. :)

cool m8 so its all about space then, never really knew why it was done, cheers grape ;)

bubbs
05-10-07, 07:31 PM
there looking very lush too mate

Grape101
07-10-07, 08:30 PM
Well guys I have decided that I want to be smoking my own quality home grown bud by christmas and new year so I have come to the decision to go 12/12 next friday!!! They won't be as big as I would have hoped but hey, theres not much I can do about that now...

lkdj2003
07-10-07, 11:50 PM
Well guys I have decided that I want to be smoking my own quality home grown bud by christmas and new year so I have come to the decision to go 12/12 next friday!!! They won't be as big as I would have hoped but hey, theres not much I can do about that now...

Cool, im looking forward to watching your plant's in flower. :barmy:

Grape101
16-10-07, 11:17 PM
I had forgot to mention to you all that I went 12/12 on Friday. Just thought I'd share it with you all :D

lkdj2003
16-10-07, 11:20 PM
I had forgot to mention to you all that I went 12/12 on Friday. Just thought I'd share it with you all :D

Nice one mate, let the games begin. :weed: :headbang::harvest:

Midnight Toker
17-10-07, 08:41 AM
cool, look forward to seeing them ladies fatten up M8 ..

marijuanamat
19-10-07, 01:15 PM

You should still get 1OZ+ from them i would of thought.:weed:

Grape101
19-10-07, 03:24 PM
You should still get 1OZ+ from them i would of thought.:weed:

I hope so mate!

Grape101
21-10-07, 04:05 PM
Right I have a question to rack all your brains with. One of the shoots on my Lemon Stinky is growing upwards much faster than the others. Is there a way I can reduce the speed of its growth because otherwise the light has to be further away from the rest of the plant to cater for that long shoot...

lkdj2003
21-10-07, 04:56 PM
Right I have a question to rack all your brains with. One of the shoots on my Lemon Stinky is growing upwards much faster than the others. Is there a way I can reduce the speed of its growth because otherwise the light has to be further away from the rest of the plant to cater for that long shoot...

Is it a shoot that's furthest away from the light?

If so you can just swing the plant around so that the tallest one is nearer the light (not too close). That way it should stop shooting.

If it's not, then the only other thing you can do is bend it carefully over slightly and tie it over.

Grape101
21-10-07, 05:13 PM
Is it a shoot that's furthest away from the light?

Well it is closest to the light at the moment as it's been growing so fast...

lkdj2003
21-10-07, 06:06 PM
Well it is closest to the light at the moment as it's been growing so fast...

In that case i would bend and tie it over abit. Be carefull not to snap it though.

Grape101
22-10-07, 11:52 AM
Photo update later on boys and girls :D

WTL
22-10-07, 02:04 PM
Sweet, looking forward to it dude.

Grape101
22-10-07, 04:32 PM
Well here is the photo update as promised. I am pleased with their progress so far. They do look lush and green even if I do say so myself :D There are a few brown spots from where they got burnt on the light but I think we'll ignore them lol :p

First up the Grapefruit...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5041.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5042.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5043.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5044.jpg

Now the Lemon Stinky...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5045.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5046.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5047.jpg

Group shot...

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5048.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/IMG_5049.jpg

Enjoy :D

radioheaded
22-10-07, 04:52 PM
aawwesssoooommeeee :pimped:

Grape101
22-10-07, 08:15 PM
Cheers dude. I can't wait till harvest. Only another 8 weeks lol...

Bitterfly
22-10-07, 11:37 PM
stuuuuuning mate, i really cant wait to see what you yield:leaf:

lkdj2003
23-10-07, 02:59 PM
Loving it mate, you have done a fantastic job with them ladys. Now to just bring on the bud and i would say they are going to yeild shit loads too looking at them.. :leaf:

Lovely plant's. :mr:

sweetsinner
23-10-07, 03:38 PM
Wow Grape... your doing a sterling job, your girls look very very happy & healthy!!

Riff Raff
24-10-07, 03:32 AM
Grape, mate. Great pics/update. :pimped:

They look really vibrant and healthy.
The grapefruit is looking fantastic. She's going to be a nice one to watch fatten up, and of course,:weed: the lemon stinky's a bit of a stunna.

good growing mate.

Grape101
24-10-07, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all of your king words guys and girls. It means alot :)

Grape101
24-10-07, 01:08 PM
Right I thought they were looking a little bushy so I chopped some plant material off. I wasn't 100% what to chop but all the bits that wern't doing too well got the chop.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/555/medium/Trimmings.jpg

I think I need to do some pruning research as I can see I'm going to be doing a fair bit soon!

lkdj2003
24-10-07, 02:13 PM
Remember to try and do most of the trimming and pruning before 12/12 if you can mate and leave a week gap before your last prune and when you go 12/12. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

They do love a good trim every now and then, they will perk up more after and should speed up alittle in growth too. :weed:

bubbs
24-10-07, 03:52 PM
they are looking gr8 mate hope my lemon stinky does as well as urs god im soooo excited i feel like a kid again....hehe

Grape101
28-10-07, 04:01 PM
Well I thought I just had to post a couple of pics of the buds in their preliminary formation! Shitty camera phone pics but better than nout...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00095.JPG

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/DSC00092.JPG

My home grown bud is starting to form!!!!

Bitterfly
28-10-07, 04:46 PM
woah shes really takin off now bro, i love it :D

Grape101
28-10-07, 04:57 PM
woah shes really takin off now bro, i love it :D

She is mate. Well they both are. Since I went 12/12 they have turned into rockets!

lkdj2003
31-10-07, 03:59 AM
Not long and they will be loaded with buds. Very nice mate, like Bitter has said, they are nipping on... :weed:

Grape101
03-11-07, 01:40 PM
Well guys I have another update for you all. The grapefruit is doing better than I could ever had imagined. A real winner that is responding to jogging really well. The lemon stinky is doing well, but is slightly more uneven in it's growing pattern. It is also budding slightly slower. On with some pics...

Grapefruit:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering06.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering07.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering05.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering04.jpg

Lemon Stinky:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering03.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering02.jpg

Group:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Flowering01.jpg

Bitterfly
03-11-07, 04:02 PM
damn mate i am really impressed!!

looks like your effort is paying off in spades :D

great stuff:leaf:

green_machine
03-11-07, 05:18 PM
Jogging does it for ya huh? Me...I hate exercise! LOL!

Looks real tight mate, looks like you got the stretch spot on - well done.

I've got Stinky's atm in vege - how much did they stretch you reckon?
1/3 or closer to 2/3?

green_machine :smokie:

Riff Raff
04-11-07, 04:36 AM
Great update grape.
Things are certainly coming on a treat. :pimped:
Can't wait tae see what you get, crop wise.

Grape101
04-11-07, 12:48 PM
Jogging does it for ya huh? Me...I hate exercise! LOL!

Looks real tight mate, looks like you got the stretch spot on - well done.

I've got Stinky's atm in vege - how much did they stretch you reckon?
1/3 or closer to 2/3?

green_machine :smokie:

Cheers mate. They haven't finished stretching yet but I reckon the stinky will have stretched by about a half once it has finished.

lkdj2003
04-11-07, 05:05 PM
Lovely plant's Grape, they are going to be fat when they are finished. :leaf:

asci
14-11-07, 02:56 PM
Lovely plant's Grape, they are going to be fat when they are finished. :leaf:

agreed.. :)

Grape101
14-11-07, 05:37 PM
agreed.. :)

Dispite the fact I am only using envirolites?

asci
15-11-07, 12:57 PM
Dispite the fact I am only using envirolites?

As long as your setup works for you then fuck it.. :) Who cares what light you're using...!

marijuanamat
15-11-07, 12:58 PM
Yer man there looking very nice,thay do strech more under envirolites (x2)than thay do under HPS which is only a few inches but if you use a blue spec envirolite for the first 2-3 weeks of bloom that'll keep strech down to a minimum.

Grape101
15-11-07, 06:15 PM
Update later guys. Haven't done one for a while!

Grape101
15-11-07, 08:39 PM
Well ladies and gentlemen, now is the time to update you all. It has been 12 days since the last batch of photos were taken and alot has changed since then! The plants haven't grown much in height, infact they have hardly stretched atall it's quite amazing. Could have grown them in a box half the size!

Anyway on with some pics. They were all taken on my camera phone so unfortunately they don't truely represent the full scale of things and the crystals can't be seen.

Here goes: Let me know what you think!

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00121.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00122.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00123.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00124.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00125.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00126.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00127.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00128.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00129.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q291/dylan1964/DSC00130.jpg

Enjoy! Jogging really is the way if you are limited on space!!!

slim_tim
15-11-07, 10:40 PM
Beautiful mate, they're comin on a treat. :Nice:

Bitterfly
15-11-07, 11:53 PM
stunning!!! all your effort with the JOGing is really paying off i see!!

how many watts again mate???

for enviros that is very impressive indeed!!!:D

Grape101
16-11-07, 12:12 AM
Only 200w dude.