PDA

View Full Version : Single bucket sea of green or a crown or buds?

ghostcorps
18-07-11, 09:18 AM
Hi Guys

I have a bit of a story to accompany these photos, stick with me.

I setup a DWC system with a central reservoir attached to two grow buckets; a White Rhino in one and an unnamed sativa that my friend has been cultivating for a few years. The original white rhino drowned 3 weeks into veg because I had not balanced the water flow, I put a backup in but by that tine the sativa was well on its way and I had to come up with a plan to keep it at bay while the white rhino got up to size.

I have had past issues with over-veging plants and having collapse druing flowing, so my priority was to keep it as low as possible while taking advantage of the situation by trying to maximise the grow points.

Here it is as of now I just trimmed it for the last time and will veg in two weeks.

This is what I did:

Once there were two branches growing out sideways and a couple nodes above those, I tipped it. This made 4 opposing branches that I weighed down and grew out to the 4 corners of the bucket (I know the bucket it is round, but you get the idea :p). This made a nice flat branch for alot of growpoints :)

I hooked the 4 growing tips onto the rim and let those ends grow up high enough to throw some more branches then tipped them and let them grow wild to burn nutrients and buy time for the Rhino.

Once they were high enough I took the tallest two branches of each arm and tied them to the tallest of the next adding more horizontal branches for more grow points :):)

As you can see I have made a nice dense little forest, and will be ready to flower in a weeks time, the Rhino is still dragging it's feet, but it will still produce a nice little crop :)

This has been a learning process, I do not claim to be any kind of expert, I just thought people may enjoy reading about it. Please feel free to add advice.

It may not be the neatest job, but it has been fun learning the limits of the plant and if all goes well I should have a bumper crop :D

Stimpy
18-07-11, 10:25 AM
Nice pics mate, looks like you got quite a few bud sites there after that LST.

ghostcorps
18-07-11, 11:23 AM
I just googled LST, I never knew it had a name :)

Thanks I have found a load of tutorials now.

Heath's Deciple
18-07-11, 02:01 PM
how about this then,

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=35120

i suggest you use string to hold your branches up when you think their gonna collapse in the future, it pays off in the end,
tie them back when their young/vegging but dont forget the bud gets heavier as it blooms theirfor the need to supprt them later on,
keep up the good work and you will be rewarded,

G

sqydro
18-07-11, 08:25 PM
that photo never ceases to amaze me lol

ghostcorps
19-07-11, 07:04 AM
hahaha wow!!! I certainly have something to aspire to :D

Heath's Deciple
19-07-11, 12:59 PM
that photo never ceases to amaze me lol

i think its time for the 4.4oz bud pic then, lol
ill see if i can re locate it for everyone, otherwise check out "Heath's Tree Grows" on Google, the learning curve starts ere !!!

G

coleman
19-07-11, 03:11 PM
lookin good there mate, looks like a good load you have there!

Hi Guys

I have a bit of a story to accompany these photos, stick with me.

I setup a DWC system with a central reservoir attached to two grow buckets; a White Rhino in one and an unnamed sativa that my friend has been cultivating for a few years. The original white rhino drowned 3 weeks into veg because I had not balanced the water flow, I put a backup in but by that tine the sativa was well on its way and I had to come up with a plan to keep it at bay while the white rhino got up to size.

I have had past issues with over-veging plants and having collapse druing flowing, so my priority was to keep it as low as possible while taking advantage of the situation by trying to maximise the grow points.

Here it is as of now I just trimmed it for the last time and will veg in two weeks.

This is what I did:

Once there were two branches growing out sideways and a couple nodes above those, I tipped it. This made 4 opposing branches that I weighed down and grew out to the 4 corners of the bucket (I know the bucket it is round, but you get the idea :p). This made a nice flat branch for alot of growpoints :)

I hooked the 4 growing tips onto the rim and let those ends grow up high enough to throw some more branches then tipped them and let them grow wild to burn nutrients and buy time for the Rhino.

Once they were high enough I took the tallest two branches of each arm and tied them to the tallest of the next adding more horizontal branches for more grow points :):)

As you can see I have made a nice dense little forest, and will be ready to flower in a weeks time, the Rhino is still dragging it's feet, but it will still produce a nice little crop :)

This has been a learning process, I do not claim to be any kind of expert, I just thought people may enjoy reading about it. Please feel free to add advice.

It may not be the neatest job, but it has been fun learning the limits of the plant and if all goes well I should have a bumper crop :D

Heath's Deciple
19-07-11, 03:47 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62597

another delight for Sqydro
LOL

G

sqydro
19-07-11, 07:34 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=62597

another delight for Sqydro
LOL

G

thing about that is if im not mistaken it was just from a superfarm, not even recirc like his other trees, hog if im correct, i read all his stuff over on b****bay lol i just also read on another thread that he done on a tree set up with 3x600w like so x plant x plant x, and vegged 6 weeks and pulled 74 oz bone dry lol from 2 plants wtf? u could do that outside a police station n theyd walk by lol

TRAVTECH
01-11-11, 11:33 AM
Yup must agree that looks amazing.