PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had a visit from the police?

SmokinGreen
18-07-11, 09:50 AM
Hi all,

Just wondered as the title says, if any of you non ganja growers have had a visit from the police?

I got a tent set up with 600 watt HID and have got some chillis and a citrus tree (bonsai) in a tent and have had the copper chopper hovering above the house a few times in the last week. Must look identical to someone growing pot...

up2nogood
18-07-11, 09:52 AM
it will look identical,if they knock you have nothing to worry about,unless you have baggies and scales near by lol

gbcheeky
18-07-11, 09:54 AM
i hope they do knock, and not kick your door off its hidges at 7.30am..

i heard a story of a woman being raided for using a heater (in winter) for her hamsters/guinie pigs

up2nogood
18-07-11, 09:59 AM
didn't a old woman get her door kicked in on a farm because she used a heater..stupid coppers.

gbcheeky
18-07-11, 10:00 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bradford-west-yorkshire-12169711

SmokinGreen
18-07-11, 12:46 PM
I'd be well pissed off if they smash the door down (let alone what the miss us would be like!). But I guess the benefits would be that they'd be made to look like the fools they are, and they'd think twice before coming round again ;) which might be handy if I change the crop...

davidc05lfc
18-07-11, 07:36 PM
if the police was to break your door to enter they would have to pay to replace it as there is no crime being commited

SmokinGreen
19-07-11, 12:19 PM
Yep, maybe everyone with the equipment who's not growing weed should have a chilli on the go to overload the Police with potential growers to bust?

DrGreen
18-08-11, 08:18 AM
i hope they do smash your door down, replaced within 12 hours, adn you get compansation for the inconvienience and stress caused milk ittt.. milkkk ittt!!

cannamancan
18-08-11, 08:28 AM
Surely it would be cheaper to buy the fruit and chillis than to run a 600w light , no? Would be funny to see coppers face when they open the tent though:)

Ello Ello Ello , what ave we got ere then ? Zzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiipp , oh , it's chillis , right you are sir , nothing to see here carry on :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:: blush:

thargrav
24-03-12, 03:15 AM
Around here they would knock twice at 10 PM and if you did not answer fast enough they would charge in in through the front and back doors with warrant in hand. And what about your busted up doors? That's your problem - they feel justified because they were granted a warrant and they will leave believing you are guilty and they just haven't caught you yet.

This happened to a friend of mine. He had been growing a couple of years earlier but was not growing anything then. He and his wife were taken outside in handcuffs while they went through everything with search dogs. They busted him for seeds the dogs found in his livingroom carpet. Posession is a misdemeanor in this state and he was fined, but they did nothing about the front or back doors.

sir_dance_alot
08-04-12, 10:43 PM
Around here they would knock twice at 10 PM and if you did not answer fast enough they would charge in in through the front and back doors with warrant in hand. And what about your busted up doors? That's your problem - they feel justified because they were granted a warrant and they will leave believing you are guilty and they just haven't caught you yet.

This happened to a friend of mine. He had been growing a couple of years earlier but was not growing anything then. He and his wife were taken outside in handcuffs while they went through everything with search dogs. They busted him for seeds the dogs found in his livingroom carpet. Posession is a misdemeanor in this state and he was fined, but they did nothing about the front or back doors.

if your (they're) from the uk they wouldnt have busted him for seeds, seed possesion isnt illegal, cultivation is.

sandbag500
08-04-12, 10:52 PM
I expecting a visit, got nowt on now, thanks to sum cunt who IS gonna grass, less said about that the better, any advise on when they do come through door?
iv got sod all but about 1/4 persy in a jar.
few roach ends n shit & a small pipe
any thing i should know?

ive got grow equipment but not in place, all thats being ripped out now.

ottomanweed
08-04-12, 10:57 PM
Your allowed to use a 2000W oil heater 24 hour a day with out having problems, so not to worry.
And also The tent should keep most of the heat in, so again you should have no problem...
as for bags and scales, yes they will try and put a intent to supply on you but fuuuuukkkkk them,, they cant do shiiiit, as long as you are genuine and not a dealer.
However there is a fine of upto 400-800 pounds, on your first RADE, and then the same with a suspended sentence..
AGAIN ALL OF THIS WILL DEPEND ON YOUR SITUATION.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR WASHING MACHINE USES 3000W -- YOUR FRIDGE 24 HOUR A DAY USES 2500 W

JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ON YOUR LIGHTNING AND CABLES AND SOCKETS, SO THERE IS NO FIRE WHEN YOUR NOT AT HOME.
THIS IS THE MOST COMMON WAY OF GETTING CAUGHT.
GOOD LUCK.

herb
08-04-12, 10:58 PM
any thing i should know?

ive got grow equipment but not in place, all thats being ripped out now.

Should be alright if you've got nothing growing, just try get to the door before they knock it down!

sandbag500
08-04-12, 11:30 PM
didn't a old woman get her door kicked in on a farm because she used a heater..stupid coppers.

thats what bothers me, im likely to get grassed on for sure, cos of some shit thats gone on........ so if they can bust an old dear with guini pigs then im am due a visit i suspect.:(

sandbag500
08-04-12, 11:32 PM
Should be alright if you've got nothing growing, just try get to the door before they knock it down!
do they knock at 5.30 am?? or just use big red key??

zak
08-04-12, 11:36 PM
fuck em ive got a nice suprise if they ever tried coming through my door hehehe

funnyfanny
09-04-12, 01:56 AM
Your allowed to use a 2000W oil heater 24 hour a day with out having problems, so not to worry.
And also The tent should keep most of the heat in, so again you should have no problem...
as for bags and scales, yes they will try and put a intent to supply on you but fuuuuukkkkk them,, they cant do shiiiit, as long as you are genuine and not a dealer.
However there is a fine of upto 400-800 pounds, on your first RADE, and then the same with a suspended sentence..
AGAIN ALL OF THIS WILL DEPEND ON YOUR SITUATION.
PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR WASHING MACHINE USES 3000W -- YOUR FRIDGE 24 HOUR A DAY USES 2500 W

JUST MAKE SURE YOU CHECK ON YOUR LIGHTNING AND CABLES AND SOCKETS, SO THERE IS NO FIRE WHEN YOUR NOT AT HOME.
THIS IS THE MOST COMMON WAY OF GETTING CAUGHT.
GOOD LUCK.

Does that happen often? Has anyone on here had a groom fire? My ballasts stink all the time.

><{{{*>MiK<*}}}><
09-04-12, 02:14 AM
It's quite common for newbie growers to cause groom fires :(

Just guessing but it's most likely due to plugging the ballast into an unsuitable power supply, using the wrong timer or putting a ballast which gets extremely hot on something other than a lump of stone, a few bricks or concrete :smokie:

The bulb (especially HPS or Metal halide) gets extremely hot too so if that's not fitted properly it can set things on fire too!

* previously had a visit from the police about a broken down vehicle i abandoned due to it being 2am and having no phone.. They were invited in, had a 10 minute chat, denied a cup of tea and went on their way :) Three people I know are in the police force too :)

thargrav
09-04-12, 03:56 AM
if your (they're) from the uk they wouldnt have busted him for seeds, seed possesion isnt illegal, cultivation is.

But here in Alabama (USA) a seed in your ashtray or like my friend found out, several in your livingroom carpet will get you busted.

dbuk
09-04-12, 06:45 AM
"it was hemp from the health food shop, why dont you try and grow it and see officer"

thargrav
09-04-12, 07:12 AM
They actually do sell hemp neclaces and bracelets at the local health food store, but no hemp seeds. The lady said they are illegal.

funnyfanny
09-04-12, 10:19 AM
Think I'd crumble if the law turned up at mine. I'm shit at poker too.

herb
09-04-12, 11:35 AM
do they knock at 5.30 am?? or just use big red key??

Ha unfortunately I'd imagine they'd just use the big red key.

sir_dance_alot
09-04-12, 12:42 PM
Damn thargrav that's harsh, glad I'm in the uk for once lol

this_Is_a_NewEra
10-04-12, 01:53 AM
I once had the problems of moving a SHED load of stuff, and I mean a SHED. Id wired up everything inside the shed (double skinned, tent, lights.. The lot!) and basically my mate phoned me (about 4 blocks away) and said a dodgy looking van was in crawling round looking abit sus, he noticed a Copper sitting near to the front (in the back as the front cop was plain clothes). he came round parked in the garage, we moved all my little seedlings and cuttings to the car boot put my chilli plants into the tent f*cked the car off for a little while and sure enough about an hour later we got raided, the look on the face of the cops when they opened the tent to about 200 Habanero's and Cayenne chillis (I sell them to the local takeaways) was Priceless. They RIPPED my shed door off because "in a blind panic" I couldnt find the key. Bastards.

Took them to court over it, got £3000 for slander, damage to property and defimation of character. They also admitted to following me to and from deliveries, which I can only assume they thought I was selling cannabis to the local Indian and Chinese's. F*ckers.

Moved/destroyed my groom now. Only got my small'uns in the green house!

Johns Cronz
10-04-12, 05:24 PM
thanks alot this is some good info!

Ganesha
16-04-12, 11:50 AM
I really hope it's not as bad here as it obviously is State-side. I'm about to put a couple of sneaky Autos in my greenhouse & anyone who overlooks my garden can easily see them.

I'm just trusting to the decent sort of Liberal-minded people who live around here. I can't see it being a problem. Far more likely they'll get robbed than busted...

We shall see...

psychocannanaut
16-04-12, 12:12 PM
yh nesh i see where your coming from, im doing a small grow in my garden this year
i dont speak to my neighbours much, but i decided to get abit friendlier with the house backing mine as at somepoint there gonna smell my plants
all i did was wonder outside with a spliff when i noticed them in the garden, called him and his missus over to the fence and told em what i was gna be doing. i said 2 plants, for my personal. they were fine with it and said it was a good idea telling them as they probably would of called the cops thinking someone closeby was growing indoors

but just hope the cheeky git next door dont fancy jumping my fence at any point

Ganesha
20-04-12, 08:33 AM
The Memsahib's Brother (who got me born again growing the first place) has all his plants outdoors. He had some right nasty pikey neighbours & I would have put money on them getting robbed but he's had no trouble & been fine for years. They never get very big - he uses the 'forced flowering' method by putting heavy-duty bin liners over them 12/12 so he can crop pretty much from July right through to November. You would have thought this kind of regular garden activity would have twigged anyone 'who knows' but he's never had any problems.

(There, I've fucking jinxed him now, haven't I? :rolleye:)

Forest
20-04-12, 10:18 AM
hey nesh , ive got a pal that uses the same method and does very well from it once they start to flower they will keep trying to finish, i had forgotten about it i might give that a try this year cheers for the memory jog

Anonymiss
22-04-12, 05:16 PM
It's not about whether power use is "allowed" or not, it's about whether high power usage or an unusual heat-signature is likely to lead to inconvenience.

PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR WASHING MACHINE USES 3000W
But not continuously for 12-24 hours per day, and it will only use that much when heating the water or on the drying cycle anyway.

YOUR FRIDGE 24 HOUR A DAY USES 2500 W
LOLWUT?! You really need a new fridge if yours is using that much power. A typical fridge uses maybe 500 Watts, and is cyclic rather than always on (i.e. it's not '24 hour a day').

blue cheese
22-04-12, 07:25 PM
i have the copper chopper hovering above houses in my street on a daily basis lol im lucky tho i live in a older style house with really thick old sand stone and i stay underneath someone and my groom is directly under the upstairs boiler room :D my groom is well disguised any heat that they would detect would be the upstairs boiler lol

Ganesha
23-04-12, 11:28 PM
Choppers? Cunts! I fucking hate them.

I had one circling round my house on Saturday. There I was weeding my front garden & the fucker was circulating round & round. Really loud & annoying - I couldn't hear the Radio 4 play which really wound me up (it was JB Priestly's 'An Inspector Calls' & I was really getting into it). At one point the bloody thing was sat about 120 ft in the air exactly above my head, deafeningly loud & I could even feel the wind from it's blades, as I stood there waving my fist at it mouthing "FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!" over & over again. Eventually it went. (It's not as if I have a grow on so I knew it wasn't to do with me.)

Anyway about 20 mins later I was ordered by the Memsahib to go to Tesco so I hopped in the car & drove off. On my way I saw 5 cop cars at various intervals parked around the large area of heath & scrubland near my house. So they were obviously drag-netting for a fugitive. I've no idea why or what the outcome was - I checked the local news but there was nothing. Probably some little local scrote waving a gun around thinking he was hard & then was chased off & tried to hide there. It's not exacly unknown round my way. :rolleye:

Anyway the chopper seriously pissed me off. Totally ruined my afternoon's gardening & besides, I seethe at the thought that my taxes are paying for the fucking thing. It costs 5 grand an HOUR to keep one of them in the air. & I'M paying for it.

Fucking noisy, expensive, gung-ho bastards. Hrrumph!! {:~

lilsammy
28-04-12, 12:15 PM
LOLWUT?! You really need a new fridge if yours is using that much power. A typical fridge uses maybe 500 Watts, and is cyclic rather than always on (i.e. it's not '24 hour a day').

Yeah I saw that and was expectiong someone to quote and reply with pretty much exactly as you have a lot sooner after he said that, Maybe he means his uses 2.5KW in a 24H period which is probably more likely.

ganjaman86
28-04-12, 06:10 PM
get your dogs trained up people protect your crops

sir_dance_alot
28-04-12, 06:34 PM
get your dogs trained up people protect your crops

Yeah train your dogs to protect your crops will do wonders if you ever get raided and the dog attacks the coppers, for 1 the poor dog will only be doing what it's fucking idiot owner trained it to do and end up getting put down, and it will get you in more trouble than your Percy grow.
Chances are it would be some breed of big dog or terrier or mastiff, which would give the breed even greater local press if it attacked a copper, it's not the dogs in the tabloids fault for attacking people it's the stupid fucking idiot owners who raised/trained them !
If I've got the wrong end of the stick here I apologise, If I'm bang on then your a fucking clown.

seanMcPot
28-04-12, 06:48 PM
Hi all,

if any of you non ganja growers have had a visit from the police?

Do they even exist....

sir_dance_alot
28-04-12, 07:10 PM
Choppers? Cunts! I fucking hate them.

I had one circling round my house on Saturday. There I was weeding my front garden & the fucker was circulating round & round. Really loud & annoying - I couldn't hear the Radio 4 play which really wound me up (it was JB Priestly's 'An Inspector Calls' & I was really getting into it). At one point the bloody thing was sat about 120 ft in the air exactly above my head, deafeningly loud & I could even feel the wind from it's blades, as I stood there waving my fist at it mouthing "FUCK OFF YOU CUNTS!" over & over again. Eventually it went. (It's not as if I have a grow on so I knew it wasn't to do with me.)

Anyway about 20 mins later I was ordered by the Memsahib to go to Tesco so I hopped in the car & drove off. On my way I saw 5 cop cars at various intervals parked around the large area of heath & scrubland near my house. So they were obviously drag-netting for a fugitive. I've no idea why or what the outcome was - I checked the local news but there was nothing. Probably some little local scrote waving a gun around thinking he was hard & then was chased off & tried to hide there. It's not exacly unknown round my way. :rolleye:

Anyway the chopper seriously pissed me off. Totally ruined my afternoon's gardening & besides, I seethe at the thought that my taxes are paying for the fucking thing. It costs 5 grand an HOUR to keep one of them in the air. & i'M PAYING FOR IT.

Fucking noisy, expensive, gung-ho bastards. Hrrumph!! {:~

So lets say a junkie rapist got hold of a close female member of your family, would you object to the chopper then? and i think you'll find your actually contributing an extremely minute amount towards it from your taxes ( if your employed)

I do agree they're a fucking pain in the ass if they're hovering over your house or nearby at night, i live riight near a really really scummy shithole of an estate so hear it too often for my liking, but if its helping catching thieving bastards, pedos.murderers etc i not gonna complain.

just to add this edit, just reread what you wrote 'Probably some little local scrote waving a gun around thinking he was hard & then was chased off & tried to hide there. It's not exacly unknown round my way. :rolleye:' and your moaning about it interferring with your gardening f'kin hells bells some people, i do hope you managed to finish your weeding though.

ganjaman86
28-04-12, 07:40 PM
Sorry but you got it wrong and by training your dog to attack some one who comes into your house when not welcome is wrong? then whats the point of having a guard dog my dog does its job which is protect its home and family which is why the dog was bought and i agree there is some complete twats who train dogs to fight and use them for image and status but the police also do this with scare tactics and so on my dog does his job and is loved and looked after has never attacked anyone and if the local press or whoever got wind of my dog biting someone it would be if they broke into my house or attacked one of his family which i fully expect him to do so.

sir_dance_alot
28-04-12, 07:45 PM
Like ive said mate, if i got it wrong i do apologise which i sincerely do. It gets a little bit tiresome reading or watching the news about some dog attack - which 99% of the time was down to some 'idiot' having the dog for all the wrong reasons,.

Ganesha
29-04-12, 09:33 AM
Heh! Yeah, I did rant a bit on that. Fair enough though, you make some valid points.

As for the weeding, yes it did get done. & I'm glad cos it's done nothing but piss down ever since.

/edit/ btw you still pay tax even if you're on benefit. Benefits are taxed nowadays.

Azerbanphal
29-04-12, 09:51 AM
But here in Alabama (USA) a seed in your ashtray or like my friend found out, several in your livingroom carpet will get you busted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Cyokaj3BJU&feature=fvst

^^^ guess thats all bullshit hippy shit then?

I've driven through Alabama many times going to Biloxi or New Orleans from Atlanta.
I must admit I loved the countryside you guys have there, but was less fond of the kinda weird attitude of the locals often. And the fascination with guns etc a lot of people had (just seemed weird).
Atlanta was a pretty soulless place imo... although a lot of US cities seem weird to us euros and limeys.

sir_dance_alot
29-04-12, 09:58 AM
Heh! Yeah, I did rant a bit on that. Fair enough though, you make some valid points.

As for the weeding, yes it did get done. & I'm glad cos it's done nothing but piss down ever since.

/edit/ btw you still pay tax even if you're on benefit. Benefits are taxed nowadays.

This government would tax our farts if they could get away with it

SeanTheLight
30-04-12, 11:27 AM
I had 2 plants outdoors, sitting on the trunk lid of my car to get some sunlight (thats boot to some of you). Only 2 weeks into flower, and LST into a nice bush. I get home and neighbors tell me cops came to my house and are looking for me. I walk into the back thinking plants are gone, and find both plants still sitting out in plain sight. I brought them in and put them under cfl, thanking my luck that they didn't take possession of my plants. Well 2 hours later the detective comes back to my house to chat about my plants.

cop: we had a report that there were some marijuana plants growing out here.
me: yeah those are mine, I am a legal medicinal user/grower. (shows cop my medicinal card)
cop: so are those plants marijuana or not?
me: yes sir, they are, and they are mine.
cop: hmm, ok, the 2 officers that came earlier looked at your plants, but didn't take them because they didn't think they were cannabis.

lol

I have always marked it up to a very nice local police force (locals tend to be nicer than sheriffs), but funny to imagine that they really didn't take the plants because the LST convinced them they weren't cannabis.