PDA

View Full Version : Spider mites!

J-dog
08-09-08, 01:43 AM
Hey guys! I have been having an on going spider mite problem and I was wondering if anyone has any tips. It has been going on for the last few cycles and I just cant seem to get rid of them. I have been using neem oil on them since the problem started but it is just not working. It gets so bad by the end of each cycle that I usually end up vaccuming them to keep them from getting webbing in the buds. At the moment, my mamas are getting really bad. A friend suggest using some type of sulfer spray that he found at the hardware store. He said that works really well but I am not sure if I want to use it because I am not sure if it is safe. By safe I mean organic. What do you guys think? :weed:

oldskoolgrower
08-09-08, 02:21 AM
If a touch of pyrethrin doesn't do the trick dunk them in insecticidal soap mixed with room temp water.

J-dog
08-09-08, 02:29 AM
Are they predatory mites? It didnt really say on they site. Also, it says they are for red spider spider mites, the mites I have are not red, any idea if it makes a difference?

J-dog
08-09-08, 02:31 AM
We tried the pyrethrin before the last cycle and they were still pretty bad by the end. Is there any kind of insecticidal soap that you recommend.

J-dog
08-09-08, 03:07 AM
Whoa, thats alot of reading. I'll have to get to it later tonight. Thank you so so much! I have about had it with these little buggers.

oldskoolgrower
08-09-08, 01:40 PM
We tried the pyrethrin before the last cycle and they were still pretty bad by the end. Is there any kind of insecticidal soap that you recommend.

I don't have any specific brand, just buy a quality insecticidal soap, mix it up with water in a huge bucket, and literally dunk the plants in it. That is my 'last resort' method. It's a shock to the plants and you may lose one (I haven't though).

Sometimes a mite infestation gets so bad you just have to cut your losses and scrub/fumigate your grow area after disposing of the plants.

cjhazey
08-09-08, 04:29 PM
i had mites and i used fruit and veg bug killer that i bought in b&q worked a treat just spray at bedtime so u dont end up burning the leaves its worked for us!! and u can put loads on it!

Snake
08-09-08, 06:34 PM
I've had goodish results with organic horticultural soap too - it doesnt get 'em all but every 3 or 4 days spray them till they are dripping and allow it to evaporate. It's a control method that has prevented my plants becoming too weak to bloom fully until i can have a go at irradicating them completely from an empty flowering chamber. I'll not be vegging outside in future.

acehigh
08-09-08, 07:14 PM
small squirt of washing up liquid diluted with water in a hand pump sprayer....apparently it suffocates the little buggers.....ive used it and it keeps em under control

ATCO
08-09-08, 08:35 PM
Have a look on google for Barrier Red Mite Concentrate.

Its very effective stuff - I got rid of an extensive infestation in my chicken coop (there must have been tens of thousands of the bastards) with it, and used it successfuly on some outdoor plants https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?p=85482#post85482.