PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievably cheap food on this UK groceries website

dazza
21-07-11, 01:46 PM
https://www.approvedfood.co.uk

They don't do chilled/frozen, but check out the prices!

This'll offset the price of electric consumed in my house

EDIT - Look at "Deliveries" at the bottom of the page for their policy on shipping costs

gbcheeky
21-07-11, 01:48 PM
spot on for this mate, this will cut down my shopping bill by half!
top man.

GbCheeky

WeedWarrior
21-07-11, 01:50 PM
Thnx for the link, Ill let the missus know, Should keep the miserable bitch happy saving a bit of money on stuff lol.

gbcheeky
21-07-11, 01:56 PM
check the date on the items.. found a real good deal on energy drinks (shots) was almost 10 quid for a 6 pack.. now only 90p.. but over a month out of date.

dazza
21-07-11, 02:01 PM
A month can't hurt can it? I've oticed that stuff with no sell by date is roughly the same price as some high street retailers. I'll be going for canned goods mainly i think

dazed-n-confuzed
21-07-11, 04:49 PM
Good find!

flunk
21-07-11, 04:58 PM
Thnx for the link, Ill let the missus know, Should keep the miserable bitch happy saving a bit of money on stuff lol.

Agreed Word for Word lol

TIKTOK
22-07-11, 12:22 PM
I know a few people who use approved foods and swear by it. The only gripe was delivery charges but if you get the max weight and share with someone it works out cheaper, something like that, cant remember exactly! There's another one just started and you can get as much as you want delivered for £3.99 anywhere in the UK. I cant remember the name, I would ask my mrs cos she got an email about it but she's not speaking to me at the min. I'll put a link up when she comes out of her huff:stoned-smilie:

gbcheeky
22-07-11, 02:19 PM
i found a site which told me this.....

Approved Food sells groceries at a quarter of the usual price. For example, it sells lines that have been discontinued, in older packaging and trial products. It charges £5.25 on orders up to 28kgs in England, Wales and Scotland.

Food Bargains delivers throughout the UK at a flat rate of £4.99 for orders up to 30kgs.

Both sites have become so popular they are now running apologies over backlogged orders. They normally deliver within two or three working days.

How do these sites compare on price? Approved Food sells tuna chunks in oil (185g) for £0.59 each or two for a pound, a case of 24 Snickers bars for £2.99 and a 290g tin of Lockwoods Mushy Peas for 39p or three for 99p.

Food Bargains has five Snickers bars for £1, a 400g tin of red kidney beans for 50p and a 290g tin of Cropmaster mushy peas for 35p. It sells Del Monte Fruit Cocktails for 25p each or five for a pound and a four-pack of Coca Cola bottles for £1.50.

JJ Food Service, another site, sells mainly in bulk. A 1kg bag of frozen peas costs £1.45, a 1kg bag of Lockwoods mushy peas £1.43 and 48 Snickers bars are priced at £14.99.

gbcheeky
22-07-11, 02:23 PM
also.. www.bigbrandsforless.co.uk

i hope these sites are appropriate, i have personally checked them out yet..
if this isnt alowed, sorry mods ill slap myself and you can deleate the comments.

GbCheeky

pete123
22-07-11, 11:15 PM
Very good prices mate, even beats asda lol

TIKTOK
24-07-11, 09:56 PM
This is the one I was on about up there^^^

http://www.rosspa.co.uk/

I know someone who is using this and reckons it's very good, we're gonna give it a go soon

teutonic
24-07-11, 10:04 PM
This is the one I was on about up there^^^

http://www.rosspa.co.uk/

I know someone who is using this and reckons it's very good, we're gonna give it a go soon

so incredibly cheap its shocking lol. OK 5.50 delivery but with a decent shop would still save loadsa money.

Is it all near or past sell by date do you know?

TIKTOK
25-07-11, 06:29 AM
I believe it's all in date but not 100% sure, just what I've been told and not from personal experience

I live rural and drive a three litre 4x4 and a round trip to the supermarkets cost about £5 in diesel anyway so it's a win win

teutonic
25-07-11, 07:25 AM
I believe it's all in date but not 100% sure, just what I've been told and not from personal experience

I live rural and drive a three litre 4x4 and a round trip to the supermarkets cost about £5 in diesel anyway so it's a win win

let us know what you think if you use 'em TT ?

dazza
25-07-11, 10:25 AM
I'm just browsing ROSSPA, and can't tell if its stuff is in our out of date? Regardless of that, there's some things I can get in local shops in town way cheaper, yet other things I can't. Like 1 litre of olive oil for just over 1 pound at a local grocery shop. If you know your prices in the shops you can juggle the budget and make the most of it

TIKTOK
25-07-11, 07:35 PM
I'm just browsing ROSSPA, and can't tell if its stuff is in our out of date? Regardless of that, there's some things I can get in local shops in town way cheaper, yet other things I can't. Like 1 litre of olive oil for just over 1 pound at a local grocery shop. If you know your prices in the shops you can juggle the budget and make the most of it

My mrs said exactly the same, I'm not bothered if some stuff is a bit out of date cos it's mainly a marketing technique, like "fresh" eggs are usually a month old before they get on the shelves and they'll tell you to use them in a week but they'll keep in the fridge for another month without hardly any loss of quality

Another thing to watch for with these sites is not to spend on stuff you wouldn't normally buy just cos it's cheap

I reckon the big supermarkets will lobby Westminster and get selling out of date foods banned if they prove to be successful

dazza
25-07-11, 09:52 PM
Another thing to watch for with these sites is not to spend on stuff you wouldn't normally buy just cos it's cheap

Yeah exactly. You may think you're getting all these bargains but the reality is you end up out of pocket if you wander from your shopping list

pigboy01
25-07-11, 10:17 PM
i wanted buy the pot noodles christmas dinner flavor.the misses slaped me round the head and told me stop been a pleb

dazza
25-07-11, 11:21 PM
good on her! i hope she makes you quit the turkey twizzlers and ITV4 too! :D