PDA

View Full Version : seedlings looking withered

tankgirl
10-09-08, 09:16 AM
Hi there,

This is my first grow. I am growing Northern Lights in Plant Pots. I germed them in Kitchen Paper. I was hoping to have my grow tent through the post by this time but it still hasn't arrived. So they needed to be planted so I have them in my cupboard, which is dark. The soil is moist, they have been planted for about 3 days.

Sooooo, they have sprouted up about an inch from the soil, but the leaves (or what was going to be leaves is withered looking and brownish. Although the stem looks green and healthy, which gives me hope that they may be salvageable.

There is currently no light on them because I cant fit it in the cupboard so they probs arent getting enough light. I don't have Perlite in the soil either. And theres no fan going at the moment, I didn't see the need for it on with no light on.

HopefullyI have gave you enough to go on here. Can anyone help, and fast!! I'm really worried about these guys.

tankgirl
10-09-08, 09:50 AM
ok so drastic times drastic measures. I have put up my enviro light up, and theres a desk fan rotating in there. There on a 12/12 cycle ... wish me luck!! The only thing is that I cant shut the wardrobe door with the light in :(

ALL DAY BONG SMOKER
10-09-08, 10:01 AM
put the light at least 5 inches above the plants, perlite really does help and can be bought at b&q. i would give them a few days of veg before the 12/12. best of luck. post a picture if you can :)

tankgirl
10-09-08, 10:24 AM
ok I'll buy me some perlite :P sorry to ask an obvious question, but what do u mean a couple of days of veg before the 12/12? Should I not have my light on or should I reduce the hours? I'm very new too all this malarkey.

tankgirl
10-09-08, 10:26 AM
It actually looks like the seed shell on the top now that I look closer, is this just normal?

ALL DAY BONG SMOKER
10-09-08, 11:14 AM
you need to give the plant 24/7 light until its 1/3 of the size you want it to end up. after which you will switch the light to 12/12

ALL DAY BONG SMOKER
10-09-08, 11:15 AM
gently peal the shell off if you are able to, or just leave it and it will probably come off itself and expose the "booster leaves"

tankgirl
10-09-08, 11:17 AM
thanks so much for the advice ADBS!! your a legend.

Hopefully all is good in the hood then

... PS i friggin love fonejaker, the mouse is my favourite though

ALL DAY BONG SMOKER
10-09-08, 01:34 PM
your welcome :) fonejacker is ace, new series coming out next week, really looking forward to it.

Cha-Cha Chong
10-09-08, 01:53 PM
Really? That is wicked! I fucking love fonejacker. He used to be my friend on facebook but he's disappeared now :( WTL used to have Terry Tibbs as his picture and his status as "talk to me" LOL!

Sorry to highjack your thread tankgirl :)

Grim
10-09-08, 05:22 PM
you need to give the plant 24/7 light until its 1/3 of the size you want it to end up. after which you will switch the light to 12/12

could make it 18/6 instead, would cost less and cut down any overheating that might cause withering

cornz
10-09-08, 06:08 PM
Doovde player anyone?
YouTube - FoneJacker Doovdé player funny prank call

tankgirl
11-09-08, 12:39 AM
Yay sucess! I took ADBS's advice and gently removed the shells and the lights been on them all day, and they now have little leaves :) I think I was just being paranoid! I am a total novice!!

ALL DAY BONG SMOKER
11-09-08, 04:55 AM
yay! , us weed fiends would really like a picture :) :) :)

tankgirl
07-10-08, 05:01 PM
oh noooo! I have a new problem! The plants had been doing great. But I was away in Sweden for a few days and I came back to find that two of the plants were looking withered and they had discoloured brown leaves.The plants are now about 1 month old, the other three plants are fine so it's a bit wierd. Since I came back I have watered them and they look a bit better. The stems look a bit red though. The tips of the leaves are yellow and brown and quite dry. We have the light on 24 hours a day with a desk fan going some of the time. We have not used Nutes at this stage, could this be what they need? Could it be light/heat burn? It never feels too hot in the grow tent although we don't have a thermometer in there/a ph tester. Anyone got any ideas?

tankgirl
07-10-08, 05:04 PM
Also should I cut off the brown dried up leaves?

MyBuddie
11-10-08, 01:54 AM
I am no expert and could do with a picture really ,but i would cut the light to 18 hours a day,sounds like they need a bit of rest,as for nutes it depends what soil mix you have used most have enough for 4 to 6 weeks, i used bio-bizz for my first grow and seemed to work ok ,www.greenshorticulture.co.uk has some good info and explains the diff nutes (i am trying teas and foiler feeding with my current grow),and they have never let me down when ordering ,would be worth getting the ph tester and thermometer takes a lot of the guess work out of the way ,they are both quite inexpensive .good luck

lkdj2003
11-10-08, 01:47 PM
oh noooo! I have a new problem! The plants had been doing great. But I was away in Sweden for a few days and I came back to find that two of the plants were looking withered and they had discoloured brown leaves.The plants are now about 1 month old, the other three plants are fine so it's a bit wierd. Since I came back I have watered them and they look a bit better. The stems look a bit red though. The tips of the leaves are yellow and brown and quite dry. We have the light on 24 hours a day with a desk fan going some of the time. We have not used Nutes at this stage, could this be what they need? Could it be light/heat burn? It never feels too hot in the grow tent although we don't have a thermometer in there/a ph tester. Anyone got any ideas?

They sound to me as if they are hungry, now you could either give them a weak feed or repot them. If it was me i would repot into fresh soil and watch them pick up and take off. :pimped:

If you do repot them make sure to give them atleast a week in veg before flowering them. :thcleaf:

Also 18/6 is a good lighting patern for vegging.

What size light are you using and how close to your plants is it?